Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Dec 28, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #887 of 988
Question to the Questyle representative: please tell me the included cable, is it regular copper, not silver plated? :thinking: What is its purity level? I seriously doubt that 6N...
If I may, regardless of the material, the original cable with which the M15 is supplied is also surpassed by many cables that other dongles supply. It's not a question of material in this case but of construction. I use a Luxury & Precision WP1 and WP2 for my dongles but they cost a lot. If you want to get an excellent cable for your dongles I recommend this one which has the data and power physically separated as you can see in the photo. It's like having two cables in one. It costs a lot (a third of L&P anyway) but it's worth every penny.

https://ddhifi.com/product/c09s-usb-c-to-usb-c-otg-cable-10cm-50cm/

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #888 of 988
Hey all,

I was the guy in this thread a while back who was wondering if his new M15 was faulty and was having zero luck getting in contact with Questyle. A couple months back Zach from Questyle reached out to me on here and offered apologies for the lack of customer service and to send out a replacement unit. From initiation of conversation to receiving a new unit was about a month and a half and from first purchasing the unit to getting a replacement was around 5 months.

Patience has, in fact, paid off. My new/ replacement M15 showed up last week and my original unit was indeed faulty. The soundscape and clarity this little beauty produces is absolutely incredible and I’m excited to go through my Quboz library and hear everything again.

Big thanks to Zach for making this happen and here’s to hoping that Questyle is en route to fixing its customer service/ support issues.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #889 of 988
Hey all,

I was the guy in this thread a while back who was wondering if his new M15 was faulty and was having zero luck getting in contact with Questyle. A couple months back Zach from Questyle reached out to me on here and offered apologies for the lack of customer service and to send out a replacement unit. From initiation of conversation to receiving a new unit was about a month and a half and from first purchasing the unit to getting a replacement was around 5 months.

Patience has, in fact, paid off. My new/ replacement M15 showed up last week and my original unit was indeed faulty. The soundscape and clarity this little beauty produces is absolutely incredible and I’m excited to go through my Quboz library and hear everything again.

Big thanks to Zach for making this happen and here’s to hoping that Questyle is en route to fixing its customer service/ support issues.
Great to hear that! I have a faulty M15 as well, who should I contact for support ?

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #890 of 988
I need to rig up my dummy load to work with the output of the M15, and I'll report back once I do so.

Also, just found out I have a defective M15. I've only flipped the gain switch a couple times and have left it in low gain since. I've never dropped my unit, either. Yet, when I went to flip from low to high gain for this test, the retaining clip for the switch broke and now I'm pretty much stuck in high gain. :frowning2:

@Questyle advice? I purchased this unit new from Headphones.com.
Great to hear that! I have a faulty M15 as well, who should I contact for support ?
I’d DM them on here as far as customer service goes - it’s how I ended up getting my situation resolved.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #891 of 988
I bought the M15 from Amazon on Black Friday for about $209 before tax. Good lord what a great purchase, this thing takes the sound on my Steam Deck to a new level! Plug and play works flawlessly even on SteamOS and I love how it sounds with my A12t. It's my new default sound device for travel and I regularly use it at home with the Steam Deck when I don't want to bother my wife.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #892 of 988
Hey all,

Curious what your issues were with your faulty M15?

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #894 of 988
I bought the M15 from Amazon on Black Friday for about $209 before tax. Good lord what a great purchase, this thing takes the sound on my Steam Deck to a new level! Plug and play works flawlessly even on SteamOS and I love how it sounds with my A12t. It's my new default sound device for travel and I regularly use it at home with the Steam Deck when I don't want to bother my wife.

Same here! Easier to use than my Lotoo dongle, which IMHO has too many buttons for things like pre-set equalizations and volume, except that it's strange to have to use an OTG USB-C cable with my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. The supplied Questyle cable is such a tight fit in the USB-C ports that I am afraid to use it, and so I'm using aftermarket OTG USB-C cables.

By the way, the latest DDHIFI TC07S cable (which I'm waiting for) seems to be an improvement over the earlier one shown in this thread:

NYX SERIES SILVER SHIELDED DATA CABLE (VS. 2.0)

The original Nyx TC09S series uses a 1st generation silver shielded wire which used a relatively complex structure of separate shielding for its power supply and data transmission. This greatly helped to reduce noise in devices whose power supplies were susceptible to interference.

The new version 2 Nyx 07 series uses the 2nd generation of silver shielded wire which distributes the power supply and data wires at equal intervals. It also uses imported insulation material with an adjusted-density shielding net with black and white spacing along with an outer insulation layer in accordance with impedance matching. Compared to the 1st gen, the newer 2.0 wire is smaller and more compact.

And is it safe to assume that the firmware number for newly purchased units is the latest version? The latest firmware date is from 2022. I don't have easy access to a Windows computer to check using the update tool.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #895 of 988
If I may, regardless of the material, the original cable with which the M15 is supplied is also surpassed by many cables that other dongles supply. It's not a question of material in this case but of construction. I use a Luxury & Precision WP1 and WP2 for my dongles but they cost a lot. If you want to get an excellent cable for your dongles I recommend this one which has the data and power physically separated as you can see in the photo. It's like having two cables in one. It costs a lot (a third of L&P anyway) but it's worth every penny.

https://ddhifi.com/product/c09s-usb-c-to-usb-c-otg-cable-10cm-50cm/
It's too expensive for me 🤯 I'm not ready and don't want to pay that kind of money for a short USB cable :moneybag: So I bought the iBasso CB18 and am absolutely delighted with it so far! 😍 The sound quality is noticeably higher than with the supplied Questyle M15 cable 👍

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #896 of 988
The L&P cable prices are absurd! The new DDHIFI TC07S is $36, a few bucks lower than the iBasso. The design of the plug housings ought to make removal easier, too. This is the 10cm version. They make a 50cm version, too, for about $49. There's a review here, but I can't (yet) confirm the conclusions.

1693807178-4.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #897 of 988
Same here! Easier to use than my Lotoo dongle, which IMHO has too many buttons for things like pre-set equalizations and volume, except that it's strange to have to use an OTG USB-C cable with my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. The supplied Questyle cable is such a tight fit in the USB-C ports that I am afraid to use it, and so I'm using aftermarket OTG USB-C cables.

By the way, the latest DDHIFI TC07S cable (which I'm waiting for) seems to be an improvement over the earlier one shown in this thread:

And is it safe to assume that the firmware number for newly purchased units is the latest version? The latest firmware date is from 2022. I don't have easy access to a Windows computer to check using the update tool.
@JML Yes, newly purchased units should have the latest firmware installed. I would say, there's no need to check it on a Windows computer unless you are experiencing a compatibility issue.

@SatchmoColtrane Thank you for the very kind words, it's my pleasure.

@sp33ls As you got your unit from Headphones.com, please contact them for replacement. They will be able to take care of you.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 5, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #898 of 988
@JML Yes, newly purchased units should have the latest firmware installed. I would say, there's no need to check it on a Windows computer unless you are experiencing a compatibility issue.

@SatchmoColtrane Thank you for the very kind words, it's my pleasure.

@sp33ls As you got your unit from Headphones.com, please contact them for replacement. They will be able to take care of you.
Please tell me the included cable, is it regular copper, not silver plated? :thinking: What is its purity level? I seriously doubt that 6N... The fact is that I bought an iBasso CB18 USB cable and am absolutely delighted with it! 😍 The sound quality is noticeably higher than when using the USB cable that came with the Questyle M15 👍 It turns out that the supplied cable acts as a bottleneck and limits the potential of the M15.

Update: I just don't like the bass with the iBasso CB18 cable. It seems like there is less bass with this cable, but more treble. Qualitatively the bass is better, but quantitatively it is less.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #899 of 988
Please tell me the included cable, is it regular copper, not silver plated? :thinking: What is its purity level? I seriously doubt that 6N... The fact is that I bought an iBasso CB18 USB cable and am absolutely delighted with it! 😍 The sound quality is noticeably higher than when using the USB cable that came with the Questyle M15 👍 It turns out that the supplied cable acts as a bottleneck and limits the potential of the M15.

Update: I just don't like the bass with the iBasso CB18 cable. It seems like there is less bass with this cable, but more treble. Qualitatively the bass is better, but quantitatively it is less.
I just wanted to expand on your statement of the bass/trebble from the ibasso cable.

Do you think it is just a "cleaner" singnal that you are hearing?
I only ask because if you are perceving more trebble and less bass this is possible.
What characteristic of the bass would you say has diminished?

I could be wrong here but the cable from the source to the dac should not make much difference in sound signature less any interference/added noise.
Now, it would be great if we all had the tools to measure our own FR and electrical signals to really know for sure.😂

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #900 of 988
The new DDHIFI TC07S is $36, a few bucks lower than the iBasso.
DDHIFI TC07S has a purity rating of 4N, while iBasso CB18 has a purity rating of 6N. And the TC07S uses 4 wires, while the CB18 uses 8 wires (if I'm not confusing anything). I think that’s why the iBasso cable costs more, about $50 :thinking:
Do you think it is just a "cleaner" singnal that you are hearing? I only ask because if you are perceving more trebble and less bass this is possible.
Yes, the sound has definitely become cleaner! :ok_hand: Even when you turn up the volume above normal. By the way, with the supplied M15 cable the soundstage is noticeably worse :thumbsdown: It feels like there's a ball in front of me with a lot of sounds, or like I'm looking at an old monitor with an aspect ratio of 4:3. With iBasso CB18 the soundstage is wider and deeper. It's like I'm looking at a modern monitor with an aspect ratio of 16:9 or even 21:9. In general, with the iBasso CB18 I hear much more information, including all sorts of small details and nuances that I simply missed when using the supplied cable. I don’t know what magic happens there, but the sound becomes noticeably better :heart_eyes: The Shanling L3 cable gives a similar result.
Such cool and expensive USB cables, as far as I know, also minimize jitter, which, as I understand it, also has the most favorable effect on the final result.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back