Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Sep 21, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #511 of 989
Hey everyone,

I once again want to apologize for being missing-in-action for so long, really really sorry about this. Especially as there were so many issues that arose especially in late August regarding static/interference/EMI.

I'm slowly but surely working through this thorny issue with the team and the engineers, please be patient here. We've taken a note of the different phones you've all mentioned and different configurations and are testing as much as we can. We are committed to getting to the bottom of why this interference is happening for some customers, but not others, and fixing it as best we can.

@cwvny @Luke Skywalker @ducnsh @ByrnesK @goatkidbaahcity @yuuki @pietro77 If you've made any realizations or had any other observations about this issue since late August, please tell me either here or in a PM. This will be very helpful in getting to the bottom of this.

I want to re-emphasize: we are very committed to solving this. Any and all details that you all can help provide us are of course very helpful to solving this as well. So thank you all in advance for your time here. We will make this better.

@zolom I'm glad your issue finally got resolved. From what I understand from the team, the issue here was most likely that you had other devices attached to the first computer. When you tried from the second PC (Windows 10 NUC) it then worked as other devices weren't attached to it. I know you've already fixed the issue, so I'm saying this here so that others who have a similar issue might be able to solve it.

@Pylaczynski We're also looking into this issue. Precisely what phone make and model are you running UAPP off of? And the exact tablet as well?

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 21, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #512 of 989

@Pylaczynski We're also looking into this issue. Precisely what phone make and model are you running UAPP off of? And the exact tablet as well?
Hello,
Good to have you back :)
Just to be clear - it was not my, but a friend's phone that had this issue. In fact since the original post apparently it was getting better and better each day - and now the clicking noise does not happen almost at all (just from time to time). Maybe it was due to the fact it was not used for quite some time, so maybe some running in happened of caps or some other components? (I did not believe in that phenomenon before honestly). It also only happened on UAPP for those particular sources, Tidal, Spotify, Hiby Music worked fine.
The phone was Xiaomi Mi9T and tablet was Lenovo tb-x606f

Sep 23, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #513 of 989
Hey everyone,

I once again want to apologize for being missing-in-action for so long, really really sorry about this. Especially as there were so many issues that arose especially in late August regarding static/interference/EMI.

I'm slowly but surely working through this thorny issue with the team and the engineers, please be patient here. We've taken a note of the different phones you've all mentioned and different configurations and are testing as much as we can. We are committed to getting to the bottom of why this interference is happening for some customers, but not others, and fixing it as best we can.

@cwvny @Luke Skywalker @ducnsh @ByrnesK @goatkidbaahcity @yuuki @pietro77 If you've made any realizations or had any other observations about this issue since late August, please tell me either here or in a PM. This will be very helpful in getting to the bottom of this.

I want to re-emphasize: we are very committed to solving this. Any and all details that you all can help provide us are of course very helpful to solving this as well. So thank you all in advance for your time here. We will make this better.

@zolom I'm glad your issue finally got resolved. From what I understand from the team, the issue here was most likely that you had other devices attached to the first computer. When you tried from the second PC (Windows 10 NUC) it then worked as other devices weren't attached to it. I know you've already fixed the issue, so I'm saying this here so that others who have a similar issue might be able to solve it.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your recent stay in hospital and I wish you a speedy recovery,

I am very appreciative that Questyle looks after its customer base like this, I am still having the static issues from mobile phone interference, sorry for taking so long to respond to your PM, I have now responded and put in my findings that were a result of trial and error.

happy to chat through and help to solve this issue for all of us current and potential customers down the road.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #514 of 989
Hello friends,

I just posted my review impressions for the Questyle M15 on the official product page. Kindly have a read here:-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/qu...phone-amp-with-dac.25804/reviews#review-29250

Here's some eye candy for you guys :)

2.jpg

9.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

Sep 25, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #515 of 989
Cannot update M15 firmware

Chose Target VID_0495 PID_1048
Originally it defaulted to VID_21b4 PID_ 0085

When choosing BURN it starts and immediately shows VERIFYING FAILED

Tried different USB ports and different USB cables as well as different ROM's directory storage.

Please advice

Thanks

Note: any info on my current Revision and Build?

To anyone that has trouble upgrading firmware: I stumbled across the same error few days ago while trying to update the firmware of my M12 (VERIFYING FAILED). I found the solution: you have to disconnect all unnecessary USB devices, only then you can proceed with the firmware upgrading process without problem. In my case, I had to disconnect my mech keyboard, the wifi adapter that came with the keyboard, my audiointerface. The only thing I kept connected over USB was the mouse and the M12 itself. Then it worked

In your post you stated that you had to choose target to select the M15, so probably you still had something else connected through USB and it messed with the firmware upgrading program, somehow.

Problems aside, I have to say the Questyle M12 is defenitely one of the best purchases (if not the best) in my 14-year audio journey. Bought it used for about 75$ and it punches way above its price and weight. I can't understand overpriced thousands-dollar DAPs, while you can have this kind of high fidelity as source for so little money, so small of a footprint (small, light & convenience, isn't it the point of portable audio?).

Now I'm wondering is it worth to get the M15 as an upgrade to the M12. I don't need balance out, like ever. Is SE out on M15 better than M12 objectively, or just different, or the same? Love to hear everyone's opinion.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #516 of 989
@rocketron Well, we have a house policy of never leaking our products before they hit the market 😄 So please be patient with us, you'll know everything when the right time comes! ❤️
Perfectly understand that you do not provide details of future products but what is the estimated release date?

For those considering other products it would be good to know how soon in the future to expect a Questyle DAP with Bluetooth input and output, it helps to know, for how long we will have to hold wait.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #517 of 989
@Pylaczynski Good to hear the issue is resolving of its own accord, slowly but surely. We are still looking into this but haven't reached any conclusions just yet. Bear with us.

@ByrnesK The feedback is much appreciated. We'll chat over PM.

@Pinetree Yes, that is the solution to this upgrade issue — just need to disconnect everything from the PC while updating the device. I'm glad things are working for your now 😄 I'll let the other users comment on the difference between the M12 and M15... but judging by the reviews from customers on this site and others, the M15 is still worth the investment.

@ChrisOc To be honest, it won't be THAT soon. We have a number of big, new projects in the pipeline that we are expecting to come out before such a DAP. In good faith, my recommendation if you're seriously desiring a DAP in the near future, go with what's on the market now. Product development is a tricky and extensive process, and I don't want to give you any false expectations here by promising a release date that isn't yet certain. I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but it's the most honest answer I can give right now.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 30, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #518 of 989
Alright everyone, I'm also back to chime in about the EMI / noise issue.

The engineers have really been looking hard into this, but we haven't come to any definite conclusions yet. Gathering from what you all have said, it does seem to be an issue stemming from cellular signals interfering in some way.

We are still doing our best to replicate this issue in the lab, and as such I have couple quick questions for those of you that have experienced this issue (@cwvny @Luke Skywalker @ducnsh @ByrnesK @goatkidbaahcity @yuuki @pietro77 and others):
  1. It seems most of you have had this issue with either 4G or 4G LTE signals. Has anybody experienced this issue with 5G cellular signal?
  2. Some of you have tried to solve this issue with third-party USB-C cables. For those of you that use third-party cables, does the issue persist with OTG USB-C cables (specifically marketed as OTG)?
  3. I have noted down the following phones that you all have mentioned. Are there any more phones to add to the list?
    1. Microsoft Duo 1
    2. Samsung S20 Ultra
    3. Samsung S22 Ultra
    4. OnePlus 6T
    5. iPhone 12 Max
Thanks again for all your help in getting to the bottom of this. The more information we can gather, the better. Thank you again.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #519 of 989
Hi

I am experiencing this from time to time, with my Redmi Note 9 Pro, but only when in zones with 3G/4G very weak coverage, and, when commuting, *always* as the same exact places, everyday. It looks like a high energy transmission during hand-over between two cells, in my opinion.

When not moving, with good network coverage : never had the issue.

(I am using the original Questyle cable)

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #520 of 989
I noticed yesterday that my Vision EXTs were getting static while I was sitting at my desk working with lots of 5 Ghz wifi around me. They did not seem to have the same effect while I was sitting in my car later in the day.

I did pick up a new usb-c -> lightning OTG cable that I like quite a bit. Next time I get any static I'll swap cables and see if there's a difference. I'll check for the 4g/5g factor

Thanks for being on top of this!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MLHQ21N

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #521 of 989
Alright everyone, I'm also back to chime in about the EMI / noise issue.

The engineers have really been looking hard into this, but we haven't come to any definite conclusions yet. Gathering from what you all have said, it does seem to be an issue stemming from cellular signals interfering in some way.

We are still doing our best to replicate this issue in the lab, and as such I have couple quick questions for those of you that have experienced this issue (@cwvny @Luke Skywalker @ducnsh @ByrnesK @goatkidbaahcity @yuuki @pietro77 and others):
  1. It seems most of you have had this issue with either 4G or 4G LTE signals. Has anybody experienced this issue with 5G cellular signal?
  2. Some of you have tried to solve this issue with third-party USB-C cables. For those of you that use third-party cables, does the issue persist with OTG USB-C cables (specifically marketed as OTG)?
  3. I have noted down the following phones that you all have mentioned. Are there any more phones to add to the list?
    1. Microsoft Duo 1
    2. Samsung S20 Ultra
    3. Samsung S22 Ultra
    4. OnePlus 6T
    5. iPhone 12 Max
Thanks again for all your help in getting to the bottom of this. The more information we can gather, the better. Thank you again.
Hi,

I appreciate your continued assistance on this matter.

1. It seems most of you have had this issue with either 4G or 4G LTE signals. Has anybody experienced this issue with 5G cellular signal? Yes I get the EMI noise on both 4g and 5g
  2. Some of you have tried to solve this issue with third-party USB-C cables. For those of you that use third-party cables, does the issue persist with OTG USB-C cables (specifically marketed as OTG)? I have used the original cable that was provided with the M15 and also purchased a USB-C to USB-C OTG cable and get the EMI noise with both
  3. I have noted down the following phones that you all have mentioned. Are there any more phones to add to the list? I see the phones I have listed here already so no further for me to add
    1. Microsoft Duo 1
    2. Samsung S20 Ultra
    3. Samsung S22 Ultra
    4. OnePlus 6T
    5. iPhone 12 Max
Thanks

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #522 of 989
I have had the M15 for a number of months and always used it with a 3.5mm connector on some forza cables for my IEMs (Campfire Andromeda 2020). I never noticed the noise/emi issue (it has always worked wonderfully as does the M12 which I also own). I recently bought exact same cable with a 4.4mm connector (so cable company/model as well as IEMs are exactly the same with the exception of the cable connector) and notice quite significant emi/noise on them through this new 4.4mm cable that i never experienced before. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S20 5G FE and was connected to 5G when i noticed the noise. Immediately switched back to the 3.5mm cable and the noise went away. In all cases using the Questyle supplied USB-C to USB-C cable.

Definitely a little annoying to have just purchased a 4.4mm terminated cable for my IEMs and have this issue, but not the end of the world because still works great with the 3.5mm terminated one.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #523 of 989
Today my M15 doesn't work anymore. I have connect to the same Oneplus 9 that i use from months and.....nothing. I have connected also to my Macbook and...nothing... with my office windows pc and ..nothing. I was moderally sure that my beloved M15 were died and I have tried with another cable (as my last chance). The M15 does it work normally and the questyle cable usb-c/usb-c is broken. I am sure of my use care and there's anyone with my same problem?? it's only a defective cable (and can be happen..)??

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #524 of 989
Today my M15 doesn't work anymore. I have connect to the same Oneplus 9 that i use from months and.....nothing. I have connected also to my Macbook and...nothing... with my office windows pc and ..nothing. I was moderally sure that my beloved M15 were died and I have tried with another cable (as my last chance). The M15 does it work normally and the questyle cable usb-c/usb-c is broken. I am sure of my use care and there's anyone with my same problem?? it's only a defective cable (and can be happen..)??
do you connect the audio jack to your iem / headphone? M15 only turns on when audio jack is connected

Oct 8, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #525 of 989
Hey all, hope you are all enjoying this amazing device! The M15 completely unseats any small desktop setup I've used as it has such amazing detail and resolving capability without being overly harsh, unforgiving or boring like many modern measurement based devices out there. I prefer this unit even to the xDSD Gryphon I have demoed! For gaming I think I prefer it over anything I currently own which is saying a lot. I'll be testing it with my phone soon however so far even setting my phone next to it I've not heard any EMI when connected to my PC. This is a big leap forward for dongles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back