Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #46 of 988
Lol omg I can't believe you actually answered ALL the questions, much appreciated!!!

Damn now I wish I read this before I bought xDuoo Link2 Bal. Granted I bought it 1 week ago so timing wise it would've been impossible anyway lol.:sweat_smile:

Truth be told I did previously owned RU6 and W2 and W2-131 and sold all of them due to different shortcomings.

RU6 as you mentioned has the most analogue sound but to me has very shallow soundstage in low gain and high gain has recessed vocal. Also has treble and bass roll off (sub bass not there).

W2 is actually the closest to what I like in terms of tonal balance (sparkly treble, rich mids, deep bass) but has the least amount of texture (voices) and distant vocal.

W2-131 the vocal is better (much more overall texture) but lacks the treble sparkle that I liked in W2.

LOL sorry at this point I hope I don't sound too picky. But at the same time from what you described M15 might be the best of both worlds.

Though could you describe vocal forwardness of M15 by any chance? I found M12 (demoed for like 10 min) vocal a bit recessed for my taste, I hope it's better in M15. Sorry I know this is more like preference, but I like forward and upfront vocal. Otherwise thank you so much for the first review!
I respect your opinion on take on the Cayin Ru6 and regarding vocal being forward and upfront i wouldn't say its forward as if the singer is in front of your face rather the singer is situated nicely in the centre to me of course. M15 is just an improved m12 with better dynamics/harmonic and resolution and both have a w-shaped sound.

Apr 22, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #47 of 988
@KuroKitsu

Alright, I followed up with the whole team, and we made some adjustments. You can see these changes on the first post of this thread, but I'll also provide them here:

Please note: We are currently in the process of expanding our shipping service across the world. At the moment, we do not support direct online sales from Questyle Shop to the following regions:
  • USA
  • Canada
  • Korea
  • Japan
  • Hong Kong
  • Taiwan
  • Singapore
  • Philippines
  • Indonesia
  • Australia
  • Germany
  • France
  • Poland
  • Israel
If you live in one of these regions above, please message us via the "Chat with us" box in the lower left-hand corner of the Questyle Shop, and we will get back to you with contact information of our local partners in your area, to ensure faster delivery and a more localized service experience.

We equally value each and every of our customers across the globe. For those of you who purchase the M15 through your local dealer instead of on Questyle Shop, we will extend the "free leather protective cover" offer to M15 purchases made on or before May 31, 2022. To enjoy this offer, please send your purchase details (such as dealer purchased from, purchase order number, purchase date, etc), the M15 serial number, and your detailed contact information and shipping address to our email (info@questyle.com) and we will deliver the leather protective cover to you for free.

At the end of the day, you are 100% right. The fact that your region has a dealer/distributor should in NO way affect your ability to enjoy this offer. So we changed the rules.

We do our best to respect and honor every customer, regardless of where they live in the world. So thank you for bringing up this issue, and I hope this change is satisfactory. Let me know if you have any other thoughts or suggestions, we are all ears!

Oh, and also, once this promo is over, we will of course also offer this protective case for individual resale. So don't worry, you'll be able to get your hands on one, regardless of if it's complementary or otherwise 😄

@Hyde00
Hahaha, you're very welcome for answering all the questions.

I consider this a very basic, critical responsibility... if you, our customers and fans, have ANY questions, the ONLY option in my opinion is to completely and thoroughly answer each and every one of them. Questyle is in the business of making fantastic products, we have nothing to hide and nothing to cover up. Forthrightness, thoroughness, attention to detail, and responsiveness are fundamental respects that we must give to all of our customers.

So keep the questions coming, and I'll keep the answers coming! :heart:

(And by the way, when it comes to enjoying music, there's no such thing as "too picky." Your ears deserve the best they can get!)

@AnalogandDigital
I see you live in California, and it just so happens that we have a CMA Fifteen Review Tour still going on right now! There's currently a unit in Colorado, and one in Illinois. If you'd like to participate, I can add you into the tour! You'd be able to get your hands on a CMA Fifteen in about ~2-3 months' time, use it for 14 days, and see how you like it. Would you be interested?

Check this link for more details on the tour: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/questyle-cma-fifteen-—-international-review-tour.961085/

Oh, and I also added a few pictures of these leather protective cases 😄 What do you all think of them?

Unnamed file 4.jpg

Unnamed file 5.jpg

Unnamed file 9.jpg

Unnamed file 2.jpg

Unnamed file 6.jpg

Unnamed file 8.jpg

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 22, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #48 of 988
Hey guys, chiming in with a few updates:

@Hyde00 @KuroKitsu
One important thing about Hifigo:

Hifigo is not our direct distributor, that is, they do not directly receive Questyle products from our warehouses. If you proceed to purchase off Hifigo, please do proceed with this in mind.

@KuroKitsu
As you live in Canada, our official distributor for North America is Bluebird. https://www.bluebirdmusic.com/sections/questyle.html They plan to have M15 stock in the USA very soon that you can directly buy from them. Again, thank you for your patience on this — we are working hard to get better about getting our products to customers, faster and easier.

And about the balanced output: our 4.4mm output is indeed true balanced, a fully balanced output circuit.

Lastly... unfortunately, no, the promotion regarding the leather cover is only applicable for purchases on Questyle Shop. So if you’re in a hurry to get the M15, Bluebird will have them very soon; otherwise, the Questyle Shop will begin offering service to Canada (and the USA) as soon as possible, but it might be a tad bit after Bluebird begins offering it. Thank you for your patience here.

@Vartan

The engineering team tested the 32ohm output today, connected to a Dell PC running JRiver20. The in-situ measurements we got were:
4.4mm, High Gain : 72.72mW
4.4mm, Low Gain : 77.11mW
3.5mm, High Gain: 42.25mW
3.5mm, Low Gain: 29.95mW

Thank you for your patience as we get back to you about the precise details of the EM shielding wrt the glass panel.

@Polky74

Measurements are tricky. Different organizations test with different standards, and in different conditions. As such, I can’t speak for everyone… but I can speak for Questyle.

At Questyle, we take all of our measurements in in-situ, authentic real life conditions. We take our products, link them to commonly used equipment (popular computers, phones, etc), and take the measurements directly, most typically with the Audio Precision SYS-2722. The numbers we provide accurately reflect the true abilities of our products in true use-case scenarios.

But at the end of the day, numbers are just numbers. The real determining factor is how it sounds when you use it. So far, with almost any headphone we pair it with (and that our customers have paired it with), the M15 shines. I’m hoping that you’ll have the chance to audition one soon!

@someyoungguy
Yes, you’re exactly right. Questyle’s numbers always seem a bit “off,” but at the end of the day, the experience is worlds more important than the numbers. Current Mode Amplification has been known to work some magic...

@asifur
Let me check with the engineers and get back to you.

You said you can buy directly from Bluebird Music, but their website says they don't sell directly to the public? Am I missing something?

Wholesale Only​

Please note, Bluebird Music does not sell directly to the public. Sales and service for our products is available only through our network of Authorized Dealers.

EDIT: I have emailed Bluebird to find one of their authorized dealers near me in the USA.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #49 of 988
@KuroKitsu

Alright, I followed up with the whole team, and we made some adjustments. You can see these changes on the first post of this thread, but I'll also provide them here:

At the end of the day, you are 100% right. The fact that your region has a dealer/distributor should in NO way affect your ability to enjoy this offer. So we changed the rules.

We do our best to respect and honor every customer, regardless of where they live in the world. So thank you for bringing up this issue, and I hope this change is satisfactory. Let me know if you have any other thoughts or suggestions, we are all ears!

Oh, and also, once this promo is over, we will of course also offer this protective case for individual resale. So don't worry, you'll be able to get your hands on one, regardless of if it's complementary or otherwise 😄

@Hyde00
Hahaha, you're very welcome for answering all the questions.

I consider this a very basic, critical responsibility... if you, our customers and fans, have ANY questions, the ONLY option in my opinion is to completely and thoroughly answer each and every one of them. Questyle is in the business of making fantastic products, we have nothing to hide and nothing to cover up. Forthrightness, thoroughness, attention to detail, and responsiveness are fundamental respects that we must give to all of our customers.

So keep the questions coming, and I'll keep the answers coming! :heart:

(And by the way, when it comes to enjoying music, there's no such thing as "too picky." Your ears deserve the best they can get!)

@AnalogandDigital
I see you live in California, and it just so happens that we have a CMA Fifteen Review Tour still going on right now! There's currently a unit in Colorado, and one in Illinois. If you'd like to participate, I can add you into the tour! You'd be able to get your hands on a CMA Fifteen in about ~2-3 months' time, use it for 14 days, and see how you like it. Would you be interested?

Check this link for more details on the tour: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/questyle-cma-fifteen-—-international-review-tour.961085/

Oh, and I also added a few pictures of these leather protective cases 😄 What do you all think of them?

Unnamed file 4.jpg

Unnamed file 5.jpg

Unnamed file 9.jpg

Unnamed file 2.jpg

Unnamed file 6.jpg

Unnamed file 8.jpg
Hello,
Definitely I'll be interested !
Just keep me posted please ... 🙏

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #50 of 988
@Vartan
To answer your question, “can the transparent window shield the internal components well”:

As I said before, we have tested the M15 very vigorous environments to make sure it works without fail. You can trust that you’ll get an incredibly clean signal with near-imperceptible noise floor (-130dB) out of it in almost any use scenario.

The glass panel on top of the M15 is coated with a special layer that resists radio wave interference, and is also specifically targeted to eliminate TDMA noise (aka the 217 Hz hum/buzz).

Does that answer your question? If not, let me know, I’ll to my best to answer any query you have in this regard.

I hope you’ll soon have the chance to try out the M15, and hear for yourself that the glass won’t compromise the audio quality in any way.

@AnalogandDigital
Yes, those numbers are correct. I know what you're probably thinking: "why is the power output less for high gain, and more for low gain?" The answer is complicated, but it basically boils down to the fact that voltage of the USB port varies from device to device, and from condition to condition, even though in theory all USB ports should be “5V” consistently.

@asifur
To answer your question concisely:

The ES9038PRO (which we use in our CMA Fifteen) is a world-class standalone DAC, but it consumes a lot of power and is also quite big in physical size.

Meanwhile, ES9281AC (which we use in our M15) is a USB+DAC, and has a lower power consumption and a smaller physical size, and as such is better suited for mobile DAC/amps.

Of course there are a lot of other details, but I’ll keep it simple for now 😉

@Hyde00
Yes, I feel your pain… I’ve been there too… when looking at new devices / DACs / amps, if you don’t have the ability to readily and immediately audition it where you live, you have to rely on measurements and numbers to decide if you want to purchase it… or wait until a lot of reviews have been written on it. But don’t worry, lots of reviews are coming out these days, and even more in the near future. To list a couple that have been published recently:
If anybody else has seen any reviews of the M15 worth sharing, also please do share! They are coming in from every angle (including a LOT in Chinese, if anybody is interested in that, I would be happy to share as well, I have plenty).

@KuroKitsu
Thank you for your honest feedback. We at Questyle, and me personally, really crave it. So really, thank you.

You’re 100% right. Absolutely right. It’s not a good look to launch a product without offering direct sales to a lot of major markets/regions/countries. And to add insult to injury, to have an offer of a bonus, complementary add-on (like this leather case) but limit to a specific timeline, knowing very well that some users might not be able to buy the product in that timeline… I hear you. This is not good. And it needs to be corrected.

Let me go and talk with the team tomorrow and see what we can do about this. At the end of the day, we must be fair to all of our customers. As you said, this situation is through no fault of your own… and you, nor should any customer, have to suffer consequences from such.

I’ll personally make sure we correct this and make it right. I’ll revert soon.

Now, to tangent off for a second:

There’s a lot that can be said and discussed about sales channels. Distributors/dealers are an indispensable and crucial part of the hifi ecosystem: not many people are willing to purchase new, expensive equipment without having the chance to try it out in person first and audition it, and unfortunately Questyle (and most other hifi audio companies) aren’t capable of placing retail outlets in every country at the moment. This is where dealers come in, and really play a critical role. And on top of that, dealers provide so many other value-add services, including events, community-building, product service, customer support, and much more.

That being said, for some products, especially those with a lower retail value, some customers are indeed willing to purchase them without first trying/audition them personally — and, in theory, it is only fair and reasonable to be able offer these to such customers in the most direct, efficient, and fast way possible (that is, directly from the manufacturer). But in reality, it’s incredibly complicated. And at this moment, we are right in the middle of this complication.

There’s no easy answer, there’s no one-minute solution, so all I can do at this moment is say thank you for your understanding, thank you for your patience, and most of all thank you for your honest feedback and thoughts. Questyle is literally nothing without our customers, and we tremendously value every one of you that is willing to spend your time sharing your ideas, feelings, suggestions, criticisms, and experiences with us. Really, thank you.
Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated!

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #52 of 988
Thank you for your honest feedback. We at Questyle, and me personally, really crave it. So really, thank you.

You’re 100% right. Absolutely right. It’s not a good look to launch a product without offering direct sales to a lot of major markets/regions/countries. And to add insult to injury, to have an offer of a bonus, complementary add-on (like this leather case) but limit to a specific timeline, knowing very well that some users might not be able to buy the product in that timeline… I hear you. This is not good. And it needs to be corrected.

Let me go and talk with the team tomorrow and see what we can do about this. At the end of the day, we must be fair to all of our customers. As you said, this situation is through no fault of your own… and you, nor should any customer, have to suffer consequences from such.

I’ll personally make sure we correct this and make it right. I’ll revert soon.

Now, to tangent off for a second:

There’s a lot that can be said and discussed about sales channels. Distributors/dealers are an indispensable and crucial part of the hifi ecosystem: not many people are willing to purchase new, expensive equipment without having the chance to try it out in person first and audition it, and unfortunately Questyle (and most other hifi audio companies) aren’t capable of placing retail outlets in every country at the moment. This is where dealers come in, and really play a critical role. And on top of that, dealers provide so many other value-add services, including events, community-building, product service, customer support, and much more.

That being said, for some products, especially those with a lower retail value, some customers are indeed willing to purchase them without first trying/audition them personally — and, in theory, it is only fair and reasonable to be able offer these to such customers in the most direct, efficient, and fast way possible (that is, directly from the manufacturer). But in reality, it’s incredibly complicated. And at this moment, we are right in the middle of this complication.

There’s no easy answer, there’s no one-minute solution, so all I can do at this moment is say thank you for your understanding, thank you for your patience, and most of all thank you for your honest feedback and thoughts. Questyle is literally nothing without our customers, and we tremendously value every one of you that is willing to spend your time sharing your ideas, feelings, suggestions, criticisms, and experiences with us. Really, thank you.
I really like the fact that Questyle is responding their concerns and doing their best to address it given the circumstances despite being not being a big company, so kudos to that.

Also really appreciate the transparency in sharing some details about the situation and difficulties as you work through these transitions. Logistics is usually a bigger concern than most of us really understand and often we forget that. No doubt that having a distributor/dealer network is essential for smaller scale companies such as yourself to get the product out there to the end market.

I'm really surprised at your pace with keeping up with question and answering everything with the utmost detail. It's rare that customer support folks put such attention and detail in. That seems like a reasonable period to keep the promotion going as most folks who want to jump in will have done so at that point, at the end of the day the case itself is an additional accessory and you can't give it away indefinitely.

Really like the colour of those cases, I'm heavily leaning towards the M15 now with some of the inital impressions. Excellent job at swaying me :laughing:

I'm going to be reaching out to Bluebird to see why might have stock locally shortly, but in the case that I want to go with Hifigo or Penon (per some reasons listed before), would I have to go with a Bluebird dealer for the extended promotion or would proof of purchase for those be sufficient?

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #53 of 988
@KuroKitsu
Thank you for your affirmative words 😄 We have been really, really hard at work internally at Questyle over the last couple months—flipping our customer service and support on its head 180 degrees, and really placing it at the very top of our company's priorities—so your generous words mean a lot to us, and to me personally. Thank you. ❤️ The good news is that it only gets better from here! Our commitment to customer service that exceeds expectations isn't going anywhere.

About your question re: the protective leather case promo via Hifigo or Penon... let me double check with the rest of the team. As I said before, they are not our direct distributors... but let me see what we can do.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Apr 24, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #54 of 988
@KuroKitsu
Thank you for your affirmative words 😄 We have been really, really hard at work internally at Questyle over the last couple months—flipping our customer service and support on its head 180 degrees, and really placing it at the very top of our company's priorities—so your generous words mean a lot to us, and to me personally. Thank you. ❤️ The good news is that it only gets better from here! Our commitment to customer service that exceeds expectations isn't going anywhere.

About your question re: the protective leather case promo via Hifigo or Penon... let me double check with the rest of the team. As I said before, they are not our direct distributors... but let me see what we can do.
I am in the same boat. Ordered through Hifigo. My M15 is set to arrive on Wednesday. Would love a leather case if possible.

Apr 24, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #56 of 988
I am in the same boat. Ordered through Hifigo. My M15 is set to arrive on Wednesday. Would love a leather case if possible.
yea same here, fedex says scheduled delivery on Wednesday but it's in a nearby sorting center right now, maybe I'll get mine tomorrow! Would love to get a leather case as well :)

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #57 of 988
@Questyle responding on the weekend! As a former CS/Software Developer, I'm being blown away.

Hopefully the case offer will extended to non direct distributor purchases as well.

Bluebird just responded:"
The M15 is on the way but not shipping yet in North America. We will announce it on our web site when it is shipping. Please check back at our web site in three weeks or if you sign up for our newsletter we will keep you informed."

That might be cutting it close even with the extended offer which is already quite generous.

Apr 25, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #60 of 988
@tamtrum So glad you could get your hands on our little baby so quickly! Let us all know what you think of it, please!

@KuroKitsu @audiobot @tamtrum
I talked with the team today. If you ended up purchasing the M15 from HifiGo (or any other similar, non-direct distributor), don't worry 😄 just contact us at our email info@questyle.com and we will take care of you.

@KuroKitsu On the other hand, if you decide to wait for Bluebird to launch the M15 officially and get it from them, also don't fear. This "complementary leather protective case" offer is not a game, it's not a race against time... it's just a way to say thank you to our loyal customers and fans. So if Bluebird only starts offering the M15 three weeks from now, we will simply go back and revise the cut-off date of this offer to make it fair to everyone. Easy peasy. ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back