Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Jul 29, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #316 of 989
Jul 29, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #317 of 989
All thanks to @Questyle for such a wonderful device!! Glad that you liked it bro!!
Talking about midrange DAP killer, how does Questyle M15 compare to Hiby R5 gen2 you have in term of sound quality?

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #318 of 989
Talking about midrange DAP killer, how does Questyle M15 compare to Hiby R5 gen2 you have in term of sound quality?
I sold my R5 Gen 2 after getting the M15 xD Well, the requirement of funds was the main reason behind the sale hehe. But M15 pairs significantly well with all the IEMs I have tried with it including 64audio U12T, Senn IE600, Tin HiFi P1 Max, BQEYZ Topaz, etc. M15 has tighter control throughout the frequency band, and bass feels better bodied and defined than the standard mode of R5 Gen 2. Class A comes close to M15's performance.
I am always a DAP guy, I just can't use my smartphones for music(notifications and all that), but still M15 is going to be in my collection for the rest of its days hehe.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #319 of 989
I've personally done that before, added a bit of pressure to the cable in order to get the M15 out.

But over time, it's best to limit the amount of physical force on any of the ports (as with any port on any device, for that matter).

A better and safer way would be to disconnect the USB cable, and then using something like a pencil eraser to push that end of the M15 out (sticking the eraser through the opening in the case for the USB cable).
Managed to push it out by using the otg cable (because I was using a magnetic adapter, 90% of the usb opening was blocked). But my blood went a bit cold when I heard a very faint click sound.

Thankfully it still worked after plugging it in. Hopefully the usb port won't die on me yet.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #320 of 989
I reviewed the QP2R, maybe 4-5 years ago (senior moment, can't remember), and it was my reference player then. The M15 has also wow'ed me. This little device surprises me each time I plug it in, whether headphones or IEM's. I use it primarily to stream with the S22 Ultra, but I do connect it to a desktop as DAC just to test it before writing a review.

I hear no coloration, authority to drive and top tier sound quality. If someone needs or wants a dongle, I think this is the one. I also, want to say, Questyle has upped their customer service and presence on these threads, they needed to. In the past, they were much maligned for their lack of attention post sale.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #321 of 989
The two aren’t far apart.
The Mojo 2 has the advantage compared to inputs and a great EQ feature.
The M15 is outstandingly good considering the price difference.
I can’t give a complete comparison now as I sold the Mojo 2.
I don’t think it fair to go off of audio memory.
The best thing to do is compare them with your own gear and and give them plenty of time.
Sorry I can’t help any more but it would be just from memory that’s over two weeks old.
The M15 also makes a great dac into other amplifier’s.

Like I have said before very good job Questyle.
Eagerly awaiting too see what other products Questyle have lined up.

The general tuning and quality of the two devices are somewhat similar. Mojo2 does give you a more holographic image than M15 and a wider soundstage. Other than that the difference will be more of a case by case sort of thing. If you're just looking to use IEMs on the go, connected to your phone, M15 might be the better device – no battery to charge, no complicated buttons, just plug in and go. If you want the DSP features, a bit more power and all that, as well as some bump in overall SQ, the Mojo2 is going to be better.

Thanks!. Been thinking to get Chord Mojo 2 but it has useless feature such as dual 3.5 mm jack, and micro USB. I got my M15 used for less than 100 usd, happy to found it is one of my best audio purchase so far.

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #322 of 989
Thanks!. Been thinking to get Chord Mojo 2 but it has useless feature such as dual 3.5 mm jack, and micro USB. I got my M15 used for less than 100 usd, happy to found it is one of my best audio purchase so far.

May I ask where you found a banging used price like that?

Jul 31, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #324 of 989
Hello all, don't judge me for being obsolete but is there a Windows 7 driver for the M15? @Questyle

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #325 of 989
Some very brief impressions of the M15, which I just received.

1. Excellent build. Very solid, good heft, large for a dongle but not cumbersome. The ports feel especially solid (guess it's a genuine Pentaconn port, because it feels like it). Design is appealing.
2. Sound: I have owned a few of the upper-tier dongles (Lotoo S1/S2, Cayin RU6, LP W2) and the M15 is certainly the best of these. It has notably more authority than these other dongles, with better dynamics, more refined imaging, and much blacker background.
3. The driving power is very impressive. I'm able to drive my Rognir (planar) on these with ease. It feels like there's significant amounts of headroom to spare; and the power is immensely clean, too. The sight of Final D8000 on the product page doesn't surprise me.
4. Pairings: IE900 is indeed a truly excellent pairing: dynamic, fast, engaging with excellent technical performance especially in terms of layering and imaging. Listening now - very musical, indeed. The Ultrasone Signature Pro was another fantastic pairing - smooth response but with excellent clarity and resolution.
5. Usage: After fiddling around in various scenarios, I found the best combo was with M15 and HiBy R3 Pro as a source. On my Sony phone, I find UAPP works well enough, but there's not enough precision with the gain. I also somehow find the M15 sounds better from R3 Pro for one reason or another. Ergonomically, these two also pair together nicely. See below.
6. Scaling-up: because the M15's gain is controlled from the external source, it seems to pair quite nicely with external amps. Especially with the Cayin C9, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the M15 scales up when using the preamp-out mode on the C9. If you have a C9, give this a go.
7. Vs. Mojo 2. This was the comparison I was especially keen to hear. In some senses, I feel this comparison isn't really fair because obviously the Mojo 2 is an amp/DAC with its own battery and the M15 is a USB dongle. That said, the Mojo 2 and M15 do share some similar attributes: both have a rather linear/neutral profile with excellent transparency. However, while the M15 leans in the direction of the Mojo 2, the latter has much better dynamics, detail retrieval, and imaging. It hits harder and reaches deeper. By contrast, the M15 is softer in the edges with overall less definition (though by no means blurry or imprecise). Again, that shouldn't come as a surprise given they function in totally different ways.

So, in sum - excellent dongle, fantastic timbre, superb build, and impressive driving power and technical performance.

P1110660.jpgP1110671.jpg

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #326 of 989
Hey everyone! Thank you for the kind words, guys. I'll certainly relay that back to the engineers 😄 They are especially busy these days with so many new devices in the works, so they need all the encouragement they can get!

@RestrictedPocket Well, I'm not sure exactly where the click came from, but do know that since this is a mobile product, we did design it to be extra robust... so I wouldn't worry. I haven't heard of a M15 failing mechanically yet! And I personally use and abuse mine on a daily basis, and no problems so far.

@Nostoi The M15 doesn't need drivers at all to work with any commonly-found system. That being said, when it comes to Windows, we do recommend using Windows 10 or above, and to be quite honest with you we haven't tested the M15 with a Windows 7 computer. If you're having an issue, take a video of what's going on and send it to my personal email ( zach.bielak@questyle.com ) and I'll help you solve it. I'll also add, after a quick search, that apparently Microsoft will discontinue security updates and end technical support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2023... just for the record. Maybe, it might be time to consider an upgrade 😂

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jul 31, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #327 of 989
Oh, almost forgot... @subguy812 thank you for the kind feedback. It's certainly a work in progress, but we are really doing our darnedest to make up for the terrible lack of customer support in the past. Any company is nothing without its customers, and I'm glad that all of Questyle is really realizing this lately and taking it to heart. There's nowhere to go but up! 😄 Any other feedback, especially of the critical variety, regarding customer support, please do let me know! Our goal is to treat you all the way you deserve to be treated, so if there's anywhere that we could do even better, please do let me know. I, and we as a company, crave this kind of feedback ❤️

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jul 31, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #328 of 989
Hey everyone! Thank you for the kind words, guys. I'll certainly relay that back to the engineers 😄 They are especially busy these days with so many new devices in the works, so they need all the encouragement they can get!

@RestrictedPocket Well, I'm not sure exactly where the click came from, but do know that since this is a mobile product, we did design it to be extra robust... so I wouldn't worry. I haven't heard of a M15 failing mechanically yet! And I personally use and abuse mine on a daily basis, and no problems so far.

@Nostoi The M15 doesn't need drivers at all to work with any commonly-found system. That being said, when it comes to Windows, we do recommend using Windows 10 or above, and to be quite honest with you we haven't tested the M15 with a Windows 7 computer. If you're having an issue, take a video of what's going on and send it to my personal email ( zach.bielak@questyle.com ) and I'll help you solve it. I'll also add, after a quick search, that apparently Microsoft will discontinue security updates and end technical support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2023... just for the record. Maybe, it might be time to consider an upgrade 😂

Just being curious and forget it if it's too personal or against policy or sth.............are you Polish or of Polish descent? I used to think Questyle (or other Chifi companies) tends to be 100% purebred Chinese (including its people) due to company culture and language and stuff like that.....but of cos that's just a totally uneducated guess. And the sort of CS you and your company have shown here is bright and honest, totally unheard of elsewhere. That really helps define a brand.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #329 of 989
Heh, thanks. To clarify, this is one laptop (a "vintage" ThinkPad) that I like using Windows 7 on. Rest assured, aside from my stockpile of BlackBerry phones, I generally don't use "dead tech" :darthsmile:

I'll send you an email later, but basically - I'm using the M15 with Foobar and it seems as though some kind of driver would be required (not least because every audio device I use in this scenario requires a driver).

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #330 of 989
Incredible synergy with HD 650, K371 and Edition XS. Also unleashes the true potential my IER M9. What an awesome powerhouse! I also tried the CMA 12 Master briefly and it was shockingly good for the price. I'd suggest Questyle to take BT dac amps and DAPs seriously as well. A snappy android DAP with clean UI and Questyle signature sound will be overkill

00000IMG_00000_BURST20220529234325379_COVER (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back