Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven
Nov 19, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 110
Would actually be nice if pc owners can have solutions that doesn't clutter their desk, but even more when putting it inside would actually give it quite a high bandwidth path knowing it uses PCIE.

Now the stigma around it is of course, putting audio as internal component is noise hell. As, well, tons of moving parts in a pc, most prominently the fans, and of course electrical noise itself.
How does it fares on that?

So far the only mentions of proper shielding seems to only be that "NU Audio Pro Cards feature a uniquely designed and EMS-shielding backplate that will set your system apart." part... What does "apart" mean? Is it that orange tingy?

And by god please tell me orange is not the only color.
I have no other component that's colored orange in my system. Black, or red is a bit more widely used "gaming" peripherals color

Well, apart as in it will make your system stand out.

When I was told orange would be the NU color, I was a bit worried too. However, it's actually a really nice shade of orange, and I'm now partial to the color of it. Orange is the primary color, but the backplate is solid black, with white lettering. The side of the card is solid black, plus the RGB lighting, which can be turned off if you wish. So long as you have the card oriented horizontally, as most cases are designed, you won't see any orange.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #18 of 110
Looking at the specs, the Nu Audio Pro 7.1 looks to be a perfect upgrade from my Creative ZXR card. I only use the analog outs on my sound card, which is connected to the analog inputs on my Integra receiver. I have always loved 5.1/7.1 analog, as it gives the option of having multichannel audio even in older games.

My ZXR card is limited to 5.1 analog, but this EVGA card offers 7.1 channel for analog. I am very interested in this. Also, when using 5.1, the ZXR is limited to 24Bit/96kHz. I see that this EVGA card offers 7.1 analog at 32Bit/192kHz. This is exactly what I have been waiting for to be offered on a sound card. I have to say, I am very interested in this card. I will also say that I am impressed with the looks of the card. It looks great.

Edit: I see as well that the opamps for all channels are swappable too.

Switchable OP-AMP
  • Headphone, Line-Out, Side, Rear, Center/Sub
I have found my new sound card. :p When is this puppy being released ?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 110
Hot damn! I just got myself a Nu audio and was talking to a rep about future collaborations but didnt expect this at all im excited to try it out:beerchug:

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #20 of 110
Would I want to up[grade from my trusty Asus D2X Xonar for this?

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #21 of 110
upload_2019-11-20_9-35-54.png

Any more info on Power at 32 Ohm headphone ???
what PSU power requirement ??

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #22 of 110
@Lee M eVGA® has a fascinating system for those with a modern, all-PCIe Extended ATX rig. The 712-P1-AN21-KR appears to be the heart of the NU AUDIO Pro, with a SATA power input (I'm used to the AMP mini-4-pin power connection from the ASUS® XONAR® series) to feed +5VDC and +3.3VDC to specific parts of the unit, which handles front-corner outputs and line and mic inputs. An apple® mini-DisplayPort™ link connects to the 712-P1-AN10-KR expansion for side, rear-corner, front-center, and subwoofer outputs.

I'd have to re-equip with bigger system units to use this audio set-up - I've two older Micro-ATX rigs, each with one PCIe x16, one PCIe x1, and two legacy PCI 2.2 slots: The LinUX box in an everex® TC2502 case (running ubuntu® 16.04.6-LTS as of 19 November 2019) packs the XONAR STX out of the ASUS® CM1630-06; the CM1630-06 (running Microsoft® Windows® 10.0.18363.478 as of 19 November 2019) packs a Creative Laboratories® SB1550.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #23 of 110
when visiting pre order page it says out of stock and gives you an auto notify option

any estimate when can we actually place an order?

cheers

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #24 of 110
I guess I'm in the minority but I would have preferred a digital coaxial output rather than a toslink optical. But I know this is just for gaming and not music listening.
Perhaps eVGA will make a card dedicated to 2ch audiophile music listening.
The main card IS a dedicated 2ch card. The daughter card is what puts out the 7.1

Nov 20, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 110
I would like to pre-order one of these. The issue though is I am in Canada. I know I will get hammered with duties and import fees. It will end up costing me around 450 bucks Canadian to finally get it, which is bull, and a total rip off.

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #28 of 110
Well, I just placed my pre-order. I saw there was currently free shipping to Canada. I hope I won't get hammered with outrageous duties and brokerage fees by UPS, even though I know I will.

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #29 of 110
I was just at he website and im all confused...
So, there are 3 different cards? And if i want 7.1 optical I need to buy 2 cards and connect them with a cable?

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #30 of 110
They have 2 cards. The main card, and the daughter board. There are 3 skus. The first is the main card and the daughter board, which is what the current pre-order option is. The next is just the main card. The next is just the daughter board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back