Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Mar 10, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #512 of 515
Recently picked up the CL1 for a fantastic price I think they are fantastic and already prefer them to my Aurisonics Harmony, lovely treble and sub bass is excellent,they are tough to drive-the Hiby R6 drives them very well and they sound amazing hooked into my Lakepeople G109 pity they have that smmcx connection although the cable is very nice, these buds are solid and very comfortable and I enjoy them as much as my custom art Ei.XX CIEM.
Now on the look out for the dacamp L1, if anyone is selling, pity this combo has been discontinued.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #513 of 515
Finally got round to demoing these today and it was a very strange experience -

A bit of a fiddly experience, but once in, v comfy. Ran them through a RSA Tomahawk, high gain. Started with some female vocal stuff and I was absolutely blown away, gorgeous clear highs and far better mids than I’d expected. Tried a few other things, and imperceptibly started to find the percussion increasingly grating. Eq’ed it down. Played some old Afrobeat. Sounded really scratchy. Listened for maybe another 20 mins to various other things, but felt my initial love ebbing away, and when I switched off, my ears were a little relieved. Just to escape those sharp, tizzy cymbals. But what a MASSIVE shame! The rest of the signature I thought was gorgeous (when properly amped) and they’re a great build etc etc. I really thought I’d be able to get through the infamous top end with some eq. I couldn’t. Bit gutted, as RHA are a great company in my experience.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #514 of 515
Finally got round to demoing these today and it was a very strange experience -

A bit of a fiddly experience, but once in, v comfy. Ran them through a RSA Tomahawk, high gain. Started with some female vocal stuff and I was absolutely blown away, gorgeous clear highs and far better mids than I’d expected. Tried a few other things, and imperceptibly started to find the percussion increasingly grating. Eq’ed it down. Played some old Afrobeat. Sounded really scratchy. Listened for maybe another 20 mins to various other things, but felt my initial love ebbing away, and when I switched off, my ears were a little relieved. Just to escape those sharp, tizzy cymbals. But what a MASSIVE shame! The rest of the signature I thought was gorgeous (when properly amped) and they’re a great build etc etc. I really thought I’d be able to get through the infamous top end with some eq. I couldn’t. Bit gutted, as RHA are a great company in my experience.

Got me curious as I have a Tomahawk so gave it a go, it had no where near the power to drive these and heavily distorts at high levels.
I have been playing them on my DX80 all day and they can be fatiguing but I think they are worth it, you should try them on a desktop amp, my Lakepeople G109 is a perfect match and I could listen to them all day. I see the CL2 are having great reviews after a lot of burn in, I also think these need patience.
I have also managed to get the Dacamp off a fellow Headfier must be my birthday this week!!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #515 of 515
Got me curious as I have a Tomahawk so gave it a go, it had no where near the power to drive these and heavily distorts at high levels.
I have been playing them on my DX80 all day and they can be fatiguing but I think they are worth it, you should try them on a desktop amp, my Lakepeople G109 is a perfect match and I could listen to them all day. I see the CL2 are having great reviews after a lot of burn in, I also think these need patience.
I have also managed to get the Dacamp off a fellow Headfier must be my birthday this week!!

I didn’t get any distortion, but I probably should have tried them with the Alo Continental. Ah well, I’m still not sure it would have done anything about those cymbals. At least for my ears. Glad you’re enjoying them though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back