Introducing The Cozoy Astrapi: Hi-Res Lineout audio from your iOS/Android device!
Mar 21, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #61 of 188
So is CTC Audio going to stop promoting and selling the COZOY Astrapi or not? It's still available to order and featured on the homepage of your site.

I ordered one on Massdrop and am now trying to get a refund because it has already been processed through PayPal. Massdrop hasn't told anyone what happened with their arrangement with COZOY, but it doesn't sound like CTC Audio had some kind of legally binding exclusive claim to the product.

I'd like to know who screwed up and if I should even try to get a COZOY Astrapi at all from anyone. If you are going to stop carrying COZOY products then I have no reason to order one from CTC Audio either.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #63 of 188

Well, as I said already (buy it should be by english), as I am already almost at 0, if I am pushing manually to the left, then I don't listen any sound anymore. Definitely the gain and the output are far too high for a CIEM + iPhone combo.

It's just a fact based on my observations. I'll try to test this product with other IEM / headphone during the next days before writing a small review.

H.

Hey Hermes...

Try adjusting the volume of the iOS device (the iPhone) itself. Go to:

Settings > Music > Volume Limit.

This should defeat the issue you're running into. Happy listening!

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #65 of 188
Just an update, we should be receiving our shipment early next week and will be shipping out immediately after. 

Thanks for your patience!

Ears and iPhones looking forward to it!

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #69 of 188
I had one of these little devices arrive today for an Australian tour I'm holding next week.

I must say, the unit is absolutely tiny compared to photos I'd seen. I opened up the package, grabbed my iPod Touch 5g sitting on the table, plugged the cable in and BAM straight away music started coming out, no fuss what so ever, plug n play. Not only this, from the few minutes I tried with Dunu Titan the sound was pretty damn competent. I've already had thoughts of buying my own and will think about it. Even if I pick up a cheap smartphone on eBay with micro sd expansion, install poweramp and create a great little setup.

We will be doing a tour with about 8 members over coming weeks, they will be using this thread to post their impressions.

Stay tuned for that!

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #70 of 188
Hi guys, I wrote a review of the Cozoy Astrapi. Check it out here: http://www.wheninmanila.com/cozoy-astrapi-portable-dac-and-amp-ultra-small-ultra-fun/

any comments and opinions are welcome :)

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #71 of 188
I've been looking for somewhere in the UK to order one of these - but have ended up contacting CTC and will probably end up getting one shipped from them.
Just a heads up but there seem to be a few of these devices floating around on ebay for sale - I'm guessing these must be fakes given that the production run hasn't finished yet ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COZOY-Astrapi-24bit-192khz-Mini-DAC-AMP-High-Resolution-Audio-for-Android-iOS-/181688632536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4d7c84d8

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #72 of 188
  I've been looking for somewhere in the UK to order one of these - but have ended up contacting CTC and will probably end up getting one shipped from them.
Just a heads up but there seem to be a few of these devices floating around on ebay for sale - I'm guessing these must be fakes given that the production run hasn't finished yet ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COZOY-Astrapi-24bit-192khz-Mini-DAC-AMP-High-Resolution-Audio-for-Android-iOS-/181688632536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4d7c84d8

Just got one from audiphonics.fr

It's Note 4 for size comparison.

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #73 of 188
  Hi guys, I wrote a review of the Cozoy Astrapi. Check it out here: http://www.wheninmanila.com/cozoy-astrapi-portable-dac-and-amp-ultra-small-ultra-fun/

any comments and opinions are welcome :)

From a picture in your review, should I assume you just placed Astrapi next to your amp?  The illusion is almost like you plugged it in :)

Also, what kind of amp is this?  I'm curious because that 4-pin plug looks exactly like the one used in Whiplash Modular Litz cable.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #74 of 188

I'd say that if you live in EU, perhaps Audiophonics in France should be the best place to pick this up for speed and customs issues. 

They are authorized as well so no worries about warranty and quality of product. 

I highly doubt any of these products are fake. Copies move quick in China, but not that quick for a relatively unknown product. 

It basically boils down to how the Chinese do business. Mildly annoying but I will leave it at that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back