Introducing the Audeze MM-500!
Jun 10, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #151 of 472
Well, I would wait for mm500 to go through 10 silent "revisions" before buying one.
Just look what a mess LCD-5 connectors have been so far. 4500 dollars with glued connectors.
Never, and I mean never buy a new Audeze product before at least couple of revisions. It's as if Audeze launches new headphones in early
access mode with full price and wants the customers to play test them first.
What mess? The connectors are still glued as far as I know, and only a few customers had issues. It's no where near the mess of the LCD-4 launch, where drivers were failing left and right. Audeze has a great customer service team, so one can buy with confidence IMO.

Jun 10, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #152 of 472
What mess? The connectors are still glued as far as I know, and only a few customers had issues. It's no where near the mess of the LCD-4 launch, where drivers were failing left and right. Audeze has a great customer service team, so one can buy with confidence IMO.
A few customers you know. There are more than a couple of reddit posts that show how the connectors were just jammed in with seems like a messy mixture of epoxy and glue into the cavity (reminder that it's 4500 dollar or 5000 Euro product). Furthuremore, it's not a good look when you're comparing a product to a faulty version of its predecessor to defend it. So far head-fi has done a lot to help manufacturers like Focal, Hifiman, Audeze and Massdrop release products which were clearly not ready for release due to QC issues. "Just whitewash as long as possible and when the backlash is hard enough, we take action".
Worse of all, are these revisions which basically obsoletes the products people paid for. yes, Audeze and hifiman do have great customer services, but what would be greater is to have a robust QC process and release a finished product that doesn't have to go through several revisions. And Audeze is not the only one I'm addressing here. Hifiman and focal have both anti-consumer practices like making the the warranties on their products non-trransferable.

Jun 10, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #153 of 472
A few customers you know. There are more than a couple of reddit posts that show how the connectors were just jammed in with seems like a messy mixture of epoxy and glue into the cavity (reminder that it's 4500 dollar or 5000 Euro product). Furthuremore, it's not a good look when you're comparing a product to a faulty version of its predecessor to defend it. So far head-fi has done a lot to help manufacturers like Focal, Hifiman, Audeze and Massdrop release products which were clearly not ready for release due to QC issues. "Just whitewash as long as possible and when the backlash is hard enough, we take action".
Worse of all, are these revisions which basically obsoletes the products people paid for. yes, Audeze and hifiman do have great customer services, but what would be greater is to have a robust QC process and release a finished product that doesn't have to go through several revisions. And Audeze is not the only one I'm addressing here. Hifiman and focal have both anti-consumer practices like making the the warranties on their products non-trransferable.
i can't speak for all but the utopia warranties are transferable

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #154 of 472

I must be divinely blessed, because I have my share of all three manufacturer's stuff, and they've all been rock-solid.

Oops, I just jinxed myself...

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #155 of 472
Audeze offers transferable warranty too and their customer service is pretty helpful. I owned at least 4-5 Audeze headphones in the past and never had any issues.

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #156 of 472
Audeze offers transferable warranty too and their customer service is pretty helpful. I owned at least 4-5 Audeze headphones in the past and never had any issues.
So did I and will buy Audeze products again. I already acknowledged their good customer service. My main issue with Audeze products is the constant and almost gapless revisions in their products. I'm almost certain the mm500 will go through a revision in the next year or two after its release given what happened with other headphones in the lcd-lineup. It would definately be nice of them to annouce an upgrade program for the owners, at least for the original ones.

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #157 of 472
So did I and will buy Audeze products again. I already acknowledged their good customer service. My main issue with Audeze products is the constant and almost gapless revisions in their products. I'm almost certain the mm500 will go through a revision in the next year or two after its release given what happened with other headphones in the lcd-lineup. It would definately be nice of them to annouce an upgrade program for the owners, at least for the original ones.
They do upgrade headphone parts for a discounted price as far as I am aware.
And the frequency of revisions is also not unique to Audeze. They are just more open about it than other manufacturers.
I don't want to be and I am not an Audeze advocate, just don't like unfair negativity when it is fed by ignorance. (I am not aiming at you with this comment.)
That said, the LCD5 connector was an embarrassing mistake which is impossible to defend.

Jun 11, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #158 of 472
They do upgrade headphone parts for a discounted price as far as I am aware.
And the frequency of revisions is also not unique to Audeze. They are just more open about it than other manufacturers.
I don't want to be and I am not an Audeze advocate, just don't like unfair negativity when it is fed by ignorance. (I am not aiming at you with this comment.)
That said, the LCD5 connector was an embarrassing mistake which is impossible to defend.
As an LCD-5 owner, I have not had the issue (also i dont just rip the cable from my connector like a maniac). But Audeze has always done a great job of addressing their issues. If I end up having a broken connector, I know they will fix it. If my cable was shipped with a 1/4" cable instead of an XLR, I know they will fix it. If my carbon fiber headband is too tight, I know they will fix it. I have no complaints with Audeze's customer service and doing what is right. Sure, there are things they might miss after QA, but I honestly can't name a company (basically any company in the world) that hasn't had product issues and Audeze is a lot more willing to help you out than most of the companies.

I sound like an Audeze shill, but I have always had a great experience with their customer support, and honeslty, I have had none of their headphones fail on me for any of their normal reported issues. I also have never had issues with any of my other headphones (beyer, hifiman, sennheiser, grado, AKG, Denon, etc.).

Jun 12, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #159 of 472
As an LCD-5 owner, I have not had the issue (also i dont just rip the cable from my connector like a maniac). But Audeze has always done a great job of addressing their issues. If I end up having a broken connector, I know they will fix it. If my cable was shipped with a 1/4" cable instead of an XLR, I know they will fix it. If my carbon fiber headband is too tight, I know they will fix it. I have no complaints with Audeze's customer service and doing what is right. Sure, there are things they might miss after QA, but I honestly can't name a company (basically any company in the world) that hasn't had product issues and Audeze is a lot more willing to help you out than most of the companies.

I sound like an Audeze shill, but I have always had a great experience with their customer support, and honeslty, I have had none of their headphones fail on me for any of their normal reported issues. I also have never had issues with any of my other headphones (beyer, hifiman, sennheiser, grado, AKG, Denon, etc.).

Same. I have two Audeze products and every time they have come through when reaching out. That goes for XLR cable and the newer headband.

I haven't had any issues with my LCD-5 connectors and it was a pre order batch.

That said, both of them weren't the best tonality for me out the box but I can't imagine any better sound out of these now that I have reached the end of my journey. If I do anything it will be to try a new pretty cable or maybe a different dac for features.

If these or any are on your radar, I recommend not being allergic to eq/dsp. You might find out how incredible they can sound and save a lot of time and money. If I had to do it all again, i'd get a used gsx mini and similar priced dac and Mitch's convolution filters and call it a day.

Jun 19, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #162 of 472
If it's not shipping I imagine measurements of review samples have been made... But release is embargoed. Reviewers will respect that else they'll never receive an early preview or production sample to review again.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #164 of 472
If you want pre sales...just show the graphs already.

I think (just an idea no confirmation and I could be very wrong) that this is exactly WHY they aren’t showing the graphs. They want reviews that don’t focus on measurements. They want people to hear Maroquin’s name and buy for that reason. Graphs bring into question “how neutral are they really” and if people think adhering to the harman target is 100% neutral then headphones likely miss the mark. From people’s impressions it’s safe to assume they do not match harman perfectly. Guaranteed if measurements were on the table some reviewer somewhere would criticize their FR. Audeze probably just wants to bypass all of this. This is their attempt at a new marketing strategy because dealing with goalpost shifting and ever-increasing standards of the audiophile community is not a recipe for success. Also not to mention that these headphones are designed for studio use and not for audiophiles. Likely Audeze is working on an audiophile-targetted headphone right now and they’d likely have a more audiophile-friendly marketing strategy for such a headphone.

That being said…. Reviewers have almost all said it was similar to an LCD-5 with more treble. I think it likely is one of their best, if not their best measuring cans maybe just lacking in the technical performance of the LCD-5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back