Introducing the Audeze MM-500!
Jun 3, 2022 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 472

First Model in a New Professional Audio Line

Audeze, in collaboration with our new Head of Professional Products, 11-time Grammy-winning engineer/producer Manny Marroquin, is proud to announce the MM-500. This headphone has been purpose-built from the ground up to deliver studio-quality sound, reimagined, for mixes that translate well and capture the emotion the artist intended.

CEEMsRtLd_gm8n2BONpymnwFnrjSPAG6VE8L4ybd1knYk-4-ItByIsVkjWdoKt3mhylFNmCe_5gAwQ1fb3MUxD0Eprhr4zaSa4BH_M3WFSwB-z0sWaqom9n1IA8VNj93DtW3xMG5Tu94RHL5cA

“The best definition, clarity, and depth out of any headphone I’ve ever used”
-Manny Marroquin

Built to offer all-day comfort, the MM-500 sports a new lighter chassis design featuring machined aluminum, spring steel, and premium leather earpads. The planar magnetic drivers feature patented Audeze technologies to deliver lightning-fast transients and accurate frequency
response that professionals rely on. The MM-500’s low impedance and efficiency ensure compatibility with virtually all audio interfaces and consoles.

Hi4hfY6EdQzPCHwvst4MyX5DAfjEw6J8So2ZYehQ6LseINR3w3QvmoJ2tCRy4LQx9sMfpj5T2LH2Lvp_KpdFIqLgxOlJFCNPYOrzwcTrdgdpIn6cV1KSyPaU0FKXbbHCXe-_Reb7iV9PXzHQqQ

The MM-500 is now available for pre-order at Audeze.com for $1699, first shipments are expected in August 2022. Don’t hesitate, step up to the headphone used to mix Kendrick Lamar's #1 album "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers" at Larrabee Studios: the Audeze MM-500.

MM Series | MM-500

MM-500 Specifications
StyleOver-ear, open-back
Transducer typePlanar Magnetic
Magnetic structureFluxor™ magnet array
Phase managementFazor™
Magnet typeNeodymium N50
Diaphragm typeUltra-Thin Uniforce™
Transducer size90 mm
Maximum SPL>130dB
Frequency response5Hz - 50kHz
THD<0.1% @ 100 dB SPL, 1kHz
Sensitivity100 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
Impedance18 ohms
Max power handling5W RMS
Min recommended power>100mW
Recommended power level>250mW
Weight495g

Includes:
MM-500 Headphone
Braided Cable
Standard Travel Case
Certificate of Authenticity and Warranty Cards

Frequently Asked Questions:

Audeze MM-500 FAQ Support Article

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 3, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 472
Can’t wait to see graphs and first impressions. I’ve already reached out to my local dealer for availability in Canada.

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 472

First Model in a New Professional Audio Line

Audeze, in collaboration with our new Head of Professional Products, 11-time Grammy-winning engineer/producer Manny Marroquin, is proud to announce the MM-500. This headphone has been purpose-built from the ground up to deliver studio-quality sound, reimagined, for mixes that translate well and capture the emotion the artist intended.

CEEMsRtLd_gm8n2BONpymnwFnrjSPAG6VE8L4ybd1knYk-4-ItByIsVkjWdoKt3mhylFNmCe_5gAwQ1fb3MUxD0Eprhr4zaSa4BH_M3WFSwB-z0sWaqom9n1IA8VNj93DtW3xMG5Tu94RHL5cA

“The best definition, clarity, and depth out of any headphone I’ve ever used”
-Manny Marroquin

Built to offer all-day comfort, the MM-500 sports a new lighter chassis design featuring machined aluminum, spring steel, and premium leather earpads. The planar magnetic drivers feature patented Audeze technologies to deliver lightning-fast transients and accurate frequency
response that professionals rely on. The MM-500’s low impedance and efficiency ensure compatibility with virtually all audio interfaces and consoles.

Hi4hfY6EdQzPCHwvst4MyX5DAfjEw6J8So2ZYehQ6LseINR3w3QvmoJ2tCRy4LQx9sMfpj5T2LH2Lvp_KpdFIqLgxOlJFCNPYOrzwcTrdgdpIn6cV1KSyPaU0FKXbbHCXe-_Reb7iV9PXzHQqQ

The MM-500 is now available for pre-order at Audeze.com for $1699, first shipments are expected in August 2022. Don’t hesitate, step up to the headphone used to mix Kendrick Lamar's #1 album "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers" at Larrabee Studios: the Audeze MM-500.

MM Series | MM-500

MM-500 Specifications
StyleOver-ear, open-back
Transducer typePlanar Magnetic
Magnetic structureFluxor™ magnet array
Phase managementFazor™
Magnet typeNeodymium N50
Diaphragm typeUltra-Thin Uniforce™
Transducer size90 mm
Maximum SPL>130dB
Frequency response5Hz - 50kHz
THD<0.1% @ 100 dB SPL, 1kHz
Sensitivity100 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
Impedance18 ohms
Max power handling5W RMS
Min recommended power>100mW
Recommended power level>250mW
Weight495g

Includes:
MM-500 Headphone
Braided Cable
Economy Travel Case
Certificate of Authenticity and Warranty Cards
Can anyone at Audeze expand on the diaphragm / magnet structure tech used in this headphone, and how it compares to the LCD-5? Will there be any interviews with the engineers, like what we saw with the launch of the LCD-5?

This looks like an awesome addition to the Audeze family, and I am super happy with the price point!

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 472
By any chance, are the pads removable on the MM-500?
Removing the pads on Audeze headphones isn't the hard part. It's putting the same ones back on that gets tricky.

Jokes aside, although I love my X and XC, I definitely won't be buying more Audeze headphones until they implement easily swappable pads.

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 472
I love Audeze but their Head of Professional Products named a line after himself and put his own name on the headphones? I know he's accomplished, it just rubs me the wrong way. Either way, I'm buying an LCD-3 soon - can't beat the classics!

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #8 of 472
What does multi purpose mean? Wouldn't any well balanced headphone with good sound quality be multi purpose? This is a sincere question. Just want to know what is considered the difference.

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #11 of 472
495 gr is not really comfort for all day, is it?
Depends on how that weight is distributed. I can wear my Verite's all day long and they are over 600 gr.

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 472
Anyone think this will be a lot like the MX4 sound? All this talk of monitoring cans.
I doubt it will be remotely similar, based off of how far of a jump in sound signature the LCD-5 made.

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 472
Congrats on a very promising product and on hiring such an accomplished engineer. Many years ago I wondered why there wasn’t a Bob Katz tuned flagship Audeze… I guess this is the same idea.

Some constructive feedback:

1.Stop using cheap connectors on your cables. You charge enough to afford better.

2. Please release measurements when launching new headphones. These days almost everyone is interested in them.

I hope they’re good and that you sell a million!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back