Introducing the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000T
Nov 10, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #331 of 455
So that means those tube amps are useless and rather harmful to the correct reproduction of sound? They spoil and distort the sound with this total harmonic distortions, right?
that's one way to look at it, but we are talking about THD levels at 1% or less. In fact, casual listeners may not hear any difference of tubes vs solid state. However, if one's goal is to to achieve an amp design that has lowest amount of distortion and noise, then solid state is generally the path. Take the THX series of amps as an example - many praise the THX solid state design as "transparent", but just as many criticize it being too "sterile". It's up to each individual to decide what they want and it may differ for a given genre of music. At least with the SP2000T, you can change the amp type all in one device.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #332 of 455
So that means those tube amps are useless and rather harmful to the correct reproduction of sound? They spoil and distort the sound with this total harmonic distortions, right?
No, not harmful and it totally depends upon the quality of the design of the tube stage. They can be very linear and excellent sounding. The harmonics tend to be even order vs solid state, which is odd order and as noted above, unpleasant when the solid state is not well done. There will always be some sort of distortion, it is impossible not to have it in some form. From the studio acoustics, live performance hall with the number of people or few people etc. etc. But I love tubes, when done well.

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #334 of 455
Red represents Astell&Kern
20211112_054506~2.JPG
20211112_054154~2.JPG
20211112_054430~2.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #336 of 455
Are there any new experiences with hissing in tube mode with wifi on? What do the people say who have had the device for a longer time. Does it get better on its own over time?
I'm considering buying but want as few problems as possible. A new firmware that fixes the problem has not been released either.
I think the SP2000T would be a great partner for my Meze Elite.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #337 of 455
Are there any new experiences with hissing in tube mode with wifi on? What do the people say who have had the device for a longer time. Does it get better on its own over time?
I'm considering buying but want as few problems as possible. A new firmware that fixes the problem has not been released either.
Had mine since 24 Oct and been pairing it with iems and headphones and streaming over a mix of wifi and iphone hotspot, the hissing noticed in the first week or so are now non-existent. iems paired included VE EXT, 64 u18t / trio / duo, final e5000; and headphones include focal clear mg, hd820, hd6xx, hd800s. some further input on the matter from AK would be appreciated as everyone here is very much guessing on the cause of the hissing.

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #338 of 455
I don't have any hissing with mine, so I guess it depends on some other factors, maybe on the model of headphones. I'm listening mine on CA Solaris SE and Andromeda 2020. I think if you have the opportunity to listen to the sp2000t before buying, you can understand is it hissing with your iem or headphones.

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #339 of 455
good afternoon everyone))
please tell me what needs to be done to make SP2KT display covers for DSD.
Foobar2k, TagScanner added, on cayin n6mk2 everything is displayed in SP2KT not. what am I doing wrong?

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #340 of 455
good afternoon everyone))
please tell me what needs to be done to make SP2KT display covers for DSD.
Foobar2k, TagScanner added, on cayin n6mk2 everything is displayed in SP2KT not. what am I doing wrong?
Yep, this also doesn’t work properly - but sometimes it starting to show them after restart or full charge (maybe some reindexing is happening)

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #341 of 455
Да, это тоже не работает должным образом, но иногда они начинают показывать их после перезагрузки или полной зарядки (возможно, происходит некоторая переиндексация)
Thanks)
I will try to reload and scan the library and report the results. for all the charm of the AK technique, the projectile leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #342 of 455
the nature of the problem is episodic. in some cases the covers are displayed, in some they are not. I have not yet identified any patterns.
AK modify the shell.
it's a shame to have such ridiculous bugs in premium products.
same with CUE - why separate tab for CUE ??? What is the difficulty of displaying in just one library?
Also, milking me, the greatest mystery is the reason for the inability to sort albums by artist, why it is impossible to organize a library so that all Queen albums would go in order and not be scattered throughout the media library. like everything is obvious, no?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #343 of 455
Had my unit since last week, I'm just wondering if the tube needs some time to run in?

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #344 of 455
DELETE POST.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #345 of 455
Yes, expecting to have Roon Ready support pending final testing and certification by Roon. It will probably not be available immediately at launch.
Hi Jason,

I didn't see the Roon certification when the 2000T launched, can you update when this is expected?

I'm looking to buy this, but want to have the comfort that roon ready will be coming up soon, if youc an shed any light when you expect this it would be wonderful.

Happy holidays,

Eyal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back