Introducing Telos Acoustics
Aug 4, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #122 of 140
  Congrats to the team at Telos for exceeding the $50,000 kickstarter goal. Hope to read some more impressions in the coming weeks.

Congratulations to Telos for achieving their Kickstarter goal. I am glad to see them make their target and be given a chance to succeed. For anyone interested if you have a friend in Head- or I willing to split the cost you can buy 2 Fujisan for a cost of only 119 per set versus 139 and then just ship the one pair to your friend. It will save both buyers some money with the small hassle of having to deal with shipping.

Thank you very much, dweaver & audiobot, for your support from the beginning of the KickStarter campaign!! We are really grateful for everyone's support in Head-Fi community as well as in KickStarter. We have officially kicked off preparation for mass production. Also, we have just received the new samples in HeadRoom today (sorry, it took very long time.) Jamey is going though our checklists and testing procedures for quality control right now. Hopefully we can send some to more reviewers very soon.

Let me mention about our thoughts for over-ear vs drop-down designs. While the over-ear design has some advantages such as greater noise isolation and less cable noise, the over-ear design applies higher pressure to your ears and possibly less comfortable for many users. It also takes more time to put it on. We chose the drop-down design as we wanted to reach out to wider range of customers and to deliver great listening experience with great comfort. We thought it would be a challenge for us to stand out in the current IEM market that is crowded with the over-ear designs. But we are confident that the users will find it true as they use TELOS FUJISAN everyday. 

We have a few days left in our KickStarter campaign. As dweaver mentioned, please take advantage of this opportunity to get TELOS FUJISANs for great prices through KickStarter campaign. This is a very rare opportunity!

Thanks again for your support!
Tetsuro

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #123 of 140
Thanks for update and info, Tetsuro.

I'm glad you went with the dropdown design as well... One of my big IEM pet peeves is how long it takes to put them in. That's the primary reason I switched away from my IE80, and moved to the full size NAD HP50. 

Usually SQ is a higher priority for me, but with IEMs, comfort/ease of use is equally important. Can't wait to give them a go!

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #126 of 140
Aside from my review and impressions I don't know of any other test units out there at this time.

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #127 of 140
dweaver,

How do you feel about the value? It sounds like these are great for the Kickstarter price, but I'm wondering how you feel about the $300 MSRP. There are so many ultra competitive models in that price range, and I'm curious as to how the Fujisan competes.

A few that come to mind:
Dunu DN-2000 (i may buy these next)
IE80 - My personal favorite under $300 right now
Westone W20 AND the discontinued triple driver being sold for the same price

I'll be able to compare on my own soon enough, just I'm in the market for a new set sooner rather than later. Whatever I end up with, the Fujisan will likely be my gym set - given the reported comfort level.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #128 of 140
Hmmmm, as I mentioned in my review only time will determine if they will be able to sell at their MSRP. But that actually goes for the models you mentioned as well. The IE80 has an MSRP of $450 and Westone models similarly are priced down from their MSRP. My current favorite IEM the XBA-Z5 has an MSRP of $699 but goes on sale for considerably less. So I suspect the Fujisan will similarly start at $299 and go on sale periodically as well.

In regards to how it sounds compared to these other IEMs that will to a degree boil down to preferences as much anything. I used to own the original IE8 which had an amazing sound stage but had a slightly veiled midrange and treble that made cymbals sound a bit unnatural in my opinion. I have read the IE80 fixed some of the issues according to some and that it was more of a cosmetic change by others so assume it will be somewhere in between the 2 groups comments. If so the Fujisan will have not as big a sound stage But will have more a prominent midrange and slightly more realistic sounding treble. Unfortunately I have not owned the DN2000 or any of the Westone models mentioned to comment about them.

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #129 of 140
Thanks for the response, very helpful.

I have the same opinion of the IE8/80. Looking forward to the midrange of the Fujisan. 

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #131 of 140
I like them best from my Pono but they are almost as good from my LG G3. I don't use dedicated portable amps but the Pono has more juice than most players out there so I assume a better amp would help make them shine a bit more.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #132 of 140
Any updates Telos?

It's been very quiet both here and on the Kickstarter page.

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #134 of 140
something must have gone wrong lol

Companies stay totally silent when **** hits the fan. Hope it gets sorted out! Can't wait to have a listen.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #135 of 140
Hello head-fiers,

Sorry for the silence.

We have been busy getting for mass production and performing numerous tests on our final pre-production run to ensure durability and audio performance.

We are still on track for delivery as estimated and are looking forward to delivering Fujisan to all our backers.

If you have any particular questions please let me know.

Thank you for all your support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back