Introducing Telos Acoustics
Jul 17, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #91 of 140
I feel like this is the proper dream-themed song for you to use as a test track:

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #92 of 140
Yup that is a great tune and why my handle is Dweaver :) and it sounds awesome on the Fujisan. Great from the bass line through to the highs and the vocals sound very good as well. The more I use the Fujisan the more I am enjoying it. It not a neutral IEM but it has a signature I really like. It is the first IEM to wrestle away significant listening time from my XBA-Z5 since I bought them. Most of my other review IEMs have only had required listening time as I work on their reviews. The Fujisan conversely has been getting used as a replacement for my Z5 the past couple of days and I haven't missed the Z5 as much as I have with the other IEMs.

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #93 of 140
Just tried a pair of JVC spiral dot tips and they are an excellent option for lovers of that tip. I will try using them and the stock tips through the day and see if they have the same sonic qualities.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #96 of 140
I like the Smokey cable, very classy and the added clip will help a lot. The more I use these the more balanced the sound. The bass is a bit less heavy and the midrange is not as warm as it was initially (I have been using these exclusively the past 2 days though so my brain might be getting burned in, I should have time to compair against some other IEMs tonight to see if it's me or the IEM).

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #98 of 140
OK, Spiral Dot tips take the stock tips sound and ehance it increasing the sound stage, improving the instrument separation and slightly balancing out the sound. I think the tips are what I was noticing when I mentioned balanced sound. But I want to be clear the tips included work well and might be all most people will need. But for those Head-fi members that don't mind dropping money on tips and like to tip roll. The spiral dots take the Fujisan up another notch.

Update: on should have went to my test song before commenting about the spiral dots. Listening to Dreams the cymbal hits were a lot stronger with the spiral dots than the stock tips, even a bit stronger than the UE tips. But strangely they had about the same sound stage as the stock tip but slightly better instrument separation. I think the dots will be a great change up and might be loved by some but will prove to sharp for others.

It shows that Telos have done their homework even on the tip choice they made.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #100 of 140
As reqested I have posted a link in the Discovery Thread. I hope they hit their 50K goal too and at their discounted prices do believe these represent a good value.

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #101 of 140
Hi - am intrigued by the campaign and curious to consider backing - I wonder if anyone currently testing is able to compare the T-Peos Altone 200's, or hazard a guess as to how the sound may compare. The Altone's are my current go-to headphones, so curious how the Fujisan's might square up. Thanks so much ! 

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #102 of 140
I tried the Altone 200 and I struggled a lot with the treble, it was just bright and brittle for my tastes. The treble in the Fujisan will Gary with tips. The default tips that come with it make the treble a bit more relaxed. If you used JVC Spiral dots the treble increases and with UE tips it becomes even stronger. But it never gets the edge the Altone 200 had. So if you love that edge the Fujisan might not work out for you but if that edge bothers you the Fujisan could be an excellent option. Beyond the treble the Fujisan will have more bass I think but not tons more and is a warmer sounding IEM. Hope that helps.

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #105 of 140
@dweaver: if you are able to would you mind drawing a comparison between the Fujisan and the Etymotics HF2/3/5 (which are all the same except for the music control remote). Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back