IMG_4539.jpg
IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg
IMG_4561.jpg
IMG_4558.jpg

graph.png

graph (1).png

Jul 19, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 41
So a few quick first impressions and I have only listened with the black filter off the Hiby FC3
Great build quality
Very small and comfortable
A unique sonic presentation not normal for the price point
Kinda diffuse field with bass
Bass is controlled and extended
Mids have nice presence but are slightly thin and slight recess in the lower and a bit more forward in the upper
Treble is controlled, decent extension, airy and has a lot of energy
Wide stage
Good depth
Layering is quality
Imaging is above average for the price
Detail retrieval and resolution are top notch for the price
Tonality is pretty close to natural but has random moments of too much upper glare/sheen
Overall I like these a lot and look forward to doing a full review of them

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #18 of 41
Just received and had a quick impression.

Bass is above average texture and slam.
Mid is on the thinner side
Upper mids has glare
Air seems ok

I think this needs tip rolling.

Jul 20, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 41
"I think this needs tip rolling."

I tried a few different tips, CTM Flexi, TRI Clarion, CTM dual flange, and they all sounded worse. But all those tests were brief so I will go back and try again during the review process. I am using the blue double flange tip currently and really enjoy the Sono. You are right, the upper mid glare is noticeable at times.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #20 of 41
Ok, ive found the eartips that worked flawlessly with this. Im using Dunu S&S eartips and deep fit them. The glare is non existent and impressive the staging. It disappears. It is diffuse field and it is not a joke.

edit: crazy textured and impactful bass. no kidding

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #21 of 41
Ok, just tried the red nozzle. Holy moly that BASS!!! High quality bass with quantity. Im wet

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #22 of 41
After reading the specs and the first impressions I'm definitely interested. Looking forward to the full reviews when they start coming in.

Jul 26, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #23 of 41
After few days with Sono, i can conclude that im super impressed with this set. In terms of eartips pairing, i stand with dunu sns. Best sonic performance so far when it pairs with dunu sns.

It is highly detailed with incisive notes and imaging. The bass is very detailed which you can differentiate anything from mid bass to the subbass rumble. Meanwhile, the mids, treble and air performance are absolutely gorgeous to top up the outstanding bass performance.

Overall, at this price, my score is 5/5 no doubt!

Ps: im driving this with ifi micro idsd signature

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #24 of 41
After few days with Sono, i can conclude that im super impressed with this set. In terms of eartips pairing, i stand with dunu sns. Best sonic performance so far when it pairs with dunu sns.

It is highly detailed with incisive notes and imaging. The bass is very detailed which you can differentiate anything from mid bass to the subbass rumble. Meanwhile, the mids, treble and air performance are absolutely gorgeous to top up the outstanding bass performance.

Would you say the dunu eartips at $13 are worth investing in to further enjoy this set?

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #25 of 41
Would you say the dunu eartips at $13 are worth investing in to further enjoy this set?
To me, yes, definitely 100%

It really levels up the overall sonic performance. The microdetails and nuances with layering were undoubtedly good.

If you plan to buy sns tips, please buy which comes with 3 sizes. S M L. Try all sizes that actually can deep fit your ears.

Mine is M.

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #26 of 41

I'm really on the fence of buying this set but yours seem to be one of the few opinions of people that have actually tried them and so I'm a bit reluctant. What can you compare them to in the same price range? Do they sound better than their price would suggest?

Jul 31, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 41
I'm really on the fence of buying this set but yours seem to be one of the few opinions of people that have actually tried them and so I'm a bit reluctant. What can you compare them to in the same price range? Do they sound better than their price would suggest?
Got mine a few days ago for 58£ & to me they sound better than the S12; I use just cheap tips from the TanchjimTanya - medium with narrow bore. I started with the red nozzles, but was getting too much bass, a simple switch to the black one's & now they sound realistic, only occasional glare on some recordings. I haven't used the stock cable; prefer balanced. Used with Shanling M1S & Schiit Jotenheim2- Gungnir MB- PC.

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #28 of 41
In that price range. If you can handle the deep fit and some tip rollings to cater the upper mids. This set is one of the best technicalities within its price range.

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 41
Shanling, please consider sending a couple of Sonos around. I have been waiting weeks for proper reviews and there still aren't any....

We sent out samples. Few reviewers are starting to pop out, more will follow.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back