Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #871 of 1,659
0D8B6892-BBA4-4767-A772-3F8F0A76D1E6.jpeg
thought of trying m30 with kse1200 ...
will post impressions
Silly Q: how do you change the colour of the windows? I have not tweaked the colours of mine. :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #873 of 1,659
The M30 has a killer feature, screen projection. You can remotely control the M30 screen with Shanlings Eddict app. Since I don’t have to use the actual M30 screen, I can repurpose my iPod touch as a control module in addition to a USB DAC source.

9575EB86-037A-462E-9A1D-489226570C9A.jpeg

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #874 of 1,659
The M30 has a killer feature, screen projection. You can remotely control the M30 screen with Shanlings Eddict app. Since I don’t have to use the actual M30 screen, I can repurpose my iPod touch as a control module in addition to a USB DAC source.

Exactly exactly
I was asking for this, because i saw a video somewhere of the guy controlling the player with the app.

Seems very useful!

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #875 of 1,659
Exactly exactly
I was asking for this, because i saw a video somewhere of the guy controlling the player with the app.

Seems very useful!
Indeed. I would say iPod touch is a MUST BUY for any owner of this device. Otherwise, using M30 becomes an inconvenience. This wireless projection is super super useful and this is something I wish the DMP Z1 had.

I'm already encountering some bugs throughout the M30 software. One major one is regarding the NAS functionality, which needs several feature adds in addition to the bug I'm experiencing. Will provide a comprehensive list which should be easy for Shanling's team to debug.

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #876 of 1,659
Have to try later but didn't Shanling say that Eddict isn't fully supported for IOS but only Android?
Not sure though if that was discussed in M8 thread...
What exactly can be mirrored?
Complete feature set such as
- input switching
- local playback
- streaming apps
- amp mode switching

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #877 of 1,659
Indeed. I would say iPod touch is a MUST BUY for any owner of this device. Otherwise, using M30 becomes an inconvenience. This wireless projection is super super useful and this is something I wish the DMP Z1 had.

I'm already encountering some bugs throughout the M30 software. One major one is regarding the NAS functionality, which needs several feature adds in addition to the bug I'm experiencing. Will provide a comprehensive list which should be easy for Shanling's team to debug.

Well, with the new profile pic I guess there's no need to wonder if you like the M30 lol :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #878 of 1,659
Have to try later but didn't Shanling say that Eddict isn't fully supported for IOS but onkyo Android?
Not sure though if that was discussed in M8 thread...
What exactly can be mirrored?
Complete feature set such as
- input switching
- local playback
- streaming apps
- amp mode switching
anything can be mirrored. It's literally replicating what's on the Shanling M30 screen. Whether the experience is consistent each and every time is another question. However it's worked well so far *knock on wood*

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #880 of 1,659
And as you are successfully trying out on Ipod Touch I suppose it should work too on IPhone / IPad
Great stuff, need to try tonight!

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #881 of 1,659
Silly Q: how do you change the colour of the windows? I have not tweaked the colours of mine. :)
in settings ... light color ... adjust the RGB sliders ... you can get any color

they all sound the same to me ... despite reading at many places that blue sounds the best 🤔

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #883 of 1,659
Didn't get tricked by the light discussion but honestly difficult to draw the line thinking e.g about the SD card thread 🙄
Battery fine, cabling fine but digital storage of flac files?
That's getting a bit deep into rabbit holes for me 😉

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #884 of 1,659
Didn't get tricked by the light discussion but honestly difficult to draw the line thinking e.g about the SD card thread 🙄
Battery fine, cabling fine but digital storage of flac files?
That's getting a bit deep into rabbit holes for me 😉
Both rabbits can be white, but if you zoom into their coats, they would clearly have different shades and traits uniquely their own :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back