Introducing Shanling M30 - Modular Desktop Hi-Fi Streaming Player
Jan 21, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #16 of 1,664
What applications can be installed on the M30?

Special version of the Shanling Music player serves as the main app for a music playback.
Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal streaming services are available for installation.

Will there be more applications in the future?

Yes, our software team will be adding more applications over time.

Standard Tidal Android version?
Would be Idagio available in the future?

Regards.

Jan 21, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #18 of 1,664
Are the streaming applications (like Qobuz) standard applications from Google Play store or your own - trying to understand if file download for offline playing will be available.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 1,664
Yes if spotify offeline can work to? As I download 100 gigs of spotify here for listen on the go

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #22 of 1,664
Love the idea of this. I'm currently in love with the KANN Alpha and for my use case it's perfect for full size headphones. This would be an awesome desktop solution for me.

I'm surprised with the use of AKM chips. Shanling must've bought a bunch of overstock. I'd be buying this on launch, with the AKM factory fire I bet these will be very limited.

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #24 of 1,664
Does the new Shanling player app support gap-less playing?
That's the biggest complaint I currently have with Shanling player on my M8.

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 1,664
Does the new Shanling player app support gap-less playing?
That's the biggest complaint I currently have with Shanling player on my M8.
Shanling is working on it for the M8, so I am pretty confident that even “IF” the M30 does not have it ”YET”, it will

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #27 of 1,664
Too fancy stuffs that I don't need for an MSRP – 3600 USD / Euro.

Plastics or aluminum?

At that price too many competitors with established brand names: Denafrips, Spring Audio, Schiit, iFi Audio, Sonnet, Exasound, Chord to name a few.

And the possible combo I can get at that price: Exasound 62 + Allo Signature or Pi2AES + Amp, Second hand Chord TT2 + Streamer, Chord Hugo + Amp + Streamer, a Schiit stack, Denafrips Venus + Amp

And when bought, I have to justify to a friend the price of my Shanling next to his Chord...

Just thoughts......:thinking:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #29 of 1,664
Yep! :thumbsup:

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #30 of 1,664
Too fancy stuffs that I don't need for an MSRP – 3600 USD / Euro.

Plastics or aluminum?

At that price too many competitors with established brand names: Denafrips, Spring Audio, Schiit, iFi Audio, Sonnet, Exasound, Chord to name a few.

And the possible combo I can get at that price: Exasound 62 + Allo Signature or Pi2AES + Amp, Second hand Chord TT2 + Streamer, Chord Hugo + Amp + Streamer, a Schiit stack, Denafrips Venus + Amp

Just thoughts......:thinking:

and the 3600 is CRAZY for the off the shelf parts listed. This is the exact reason our hobby gets made fun of. We need to yell at manufacturers creating uber-niche products without stats to back up the uber-niche price. If anyone buys it -- cool to be you, but sincerely there are so many better ways to spend $3600, even in audio.

just my 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back