Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #376 of 422
Just purchased a set of Nighthawk Carbons. Went a little over my budget...but when i heard them i knew they were the phones for my music taste. Sound signature is pretty dark with a strong emphasis on low and mid range - i certainly don't think they are for everyone, but the sound is certainly exciting and full on.

I'll post a full review once i get to know them better.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #377 of 422
UPDATE: these really are a great set of cans. Some aspects i didn't like at first - but they've certainly grown on me. Not without their drawbacks, but superb nonetheless.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #379 of 422
Why this thread is dead and the one of the original NW is alive? :)

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #382 of 422
Yeah, I got my original Nighthawks for something like $350 on sale. These new ones are like $600 although I think they’re still worth it, compared to what I paid for the originals they seem overpriced.

Dec 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #383 of 422
Because most of us that have the nighthawk carbon are enjoying them that much. I bought this for $600 mainly because I like the aesthetics and the subtle improvements over the original. I think if money is a concern, then the original Nighthawks are good enough.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #384 of 422
Hi there,

I'm wondering how the new Nighthawk Carbon sounds vs the original Nicghthawk... Some says it's exactly the same, others, it's more clearer and less dark...

Hard witch one to believe...

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #385 of 422
Hi there,

I'm wondering how the new Nighthawk Carbon sounds vs the original Nicghthawk... Some says it's exactly the same, others, it's more clearer and less dark...

Hard witch one to believe...

I expect they're very similar. I've never heard the originals - but from what I've read my Carbons sound like they have the same sound signature. The velour pads increase the dark undertone as opposed to the leather.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #388 of 422
Quick impressions of the Carbons from AXPONA!

You are the second person I’ve seen say that the nighthawk/owl scales extremely well with source components. Which pads were you using?

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #389 of 422
right! here's to Hoping I can get a pair
You are the second person I’ve seen say that the nighthawk/owl scales extremely well with source components. Which pads were you using?

Can't say, but here's to hoping I can explore how it scales a little more!

May 5, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #390 of 422
Hi All, after going in other directions for a while (Kennerton, ZMF), I've been revisiting my Nighthawks (original wood finish). Man, they remain wonderful. It's a different flavour, but they are so right when you are in the mood. I'm still a fan.

Now, I'll likely be picking up a pair of the Carbon's today. Just doing a brief comparison between the two, the Carbon seems a little more linear/less mid-bass emphasis? A little more transparent? Perhaps a little brighter? I still really like the darkness, warmth, and mid-bass fullness of the original though. I hope I don't find the Carbon too different in that regard. Any thoughts on this appreciated. (Sorry I haven't read through this thread).

And what is Skylar Gray up to now? Would love to see what he comes up with next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back