Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jan 18, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #4,576 of 4,765
I just recently got the LPG, and it's kinda disheartening that this thread isn't active much, considering that this is an amazing player.

I think that the pre built pmeq fits well to each respective genre. I've found the "headphone" pmeq to be my favorite.

I like that setting also. What headphones do you use? I have LPG 2017, Questyle QP1R, and Sony NW-WM1A. I love and use all three players.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #4,577 of 4,765
I like that setting also. What headphones do you use? I have LPG 2017, Questyle QP1R, and Sony NW-WM1A. I love and use all three players.
Great! I use the Audeze LCD XC, LCD 2F, Koss Esp, Beyer T1 2nd, and so on. I've owned the WM1Z, and currently own the WM1A. It is definitely an amazing player as well.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #4,578 of 4,765
Great! I use the Audeze LCD XC, LCD 2F, Koss Esp, Beyer T1 2nd, and so on. I've owned the WM1Z, and currently own the WM1A. It is definitely an amazing player as well.

How do you think the Sony NW - WM1Z compares to the Sony NW - WM1A? I have really been wanting a gold Sony but many are saying I should try the Shanling M8.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #4,579 of 4,765
How do you think the Sony NW - WM1Z compares to the Sony NW - WM1A? I have really been wanting a gold Sony but many are saying I should try the Shanling M8.

Hehe specially Mr. Tiger Ears do recommend it alot 🙂

1a and 1z are very different. I dont even think that they should be compared as 1z is pure fun and 1a is very analytical and serious, yes it will be musical but 1z is even wayyy more.

1z is luxury, thick lushy gold bass and all the sony specially sound mesmerizing tricks 😛

I find M8 an absolute machine its a very sublime sound and in some area just goes beyond 1z. Sad to say but for someone like me who was an insanely huge fan of 1z I took all that love and now share it with M8

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #4,580 of 4,765

1a and 1z are very different. I dont even think that they should be compared as 1z is pure fun and 1a is very analytical and serious, yes it will be musical but 1z is even wayyy more.

1z is luxury, thick lushy gold bass and all the sony specially sound mesmerizing tricks 😛

I find M8 an absolute machine its a very sublime sound and in some area just goes beyond 1z. Sad to say but for someone like me who was an insanely huge fan of 1z I took all that love and now share it with M8
Agreed, WM1Z is completely different from 1A. I haven't tried the M8, but that seems to be a popular option nowadays as well.

If LPG had a 4.4 output like the LPGT it probably would have been wayyy more popular! :L3000:

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #4,581 of 4,765
I would personally go with the M8, especially if you want to try streaming. They both seem to be great players though. Hard choice.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #4,582 of 4,765
I would personally go with the M8, especially if you want to try streaming. They both seem to be great players though. Hard choice.

You forgot to mention half the cost of 1z!

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #4,583 of 4,765
You forgot to mention half the cost of 1z!
Yeah. Where I live used 1Z's go for about 800-1300 USD (quite rare however), so a used 1Z comes close to a new Shanling M8. Didn't know the price gap was this big.

On annual discounts you can get a brand new WM1A for 700USD and a brand new DMP-Z1 for 4500 USD.

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #4,584 of 4,765
Yeah. Where I live used 1Z's go for about 800-1300 USD (quite rare however), so a used 1Z comes close to a new Shanling M8. Didn't know the price gap was this big.

On annual discounts you can get a brand new WM1A for 700USD and a brand new DMP-Z1 for 4500 USD.

Holy smacks a dmpz1 for 4.5k dang good deal!

Yeaa you area is so good on prices. Not here in canada lol its real rip off... And add custom fees jees very expensive

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #4,585 of 4,765
Holy smacks a dmpz1 for 4.5k dang good deal!

Yeaa you area is so good on prices. Not here in canada lol its real rip off... And add custom fees jees very expensive
Prices seem to be all over the place.. :frowning2:

You could probably afford a flight, an entire week of good food, hotel etc and buy the DMP here then go back to Canada and still get it for a much better price, lol

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #4,586 of 4,765
Prices seem to be all over the place.. :frowning2:

You could probably afford a flight, an entire week of good food, hotel etc and buy the DMP here then go back to Canada and still get it for a much better price, lol

Wait till the customs see it in the luggage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey Tiger whats this....

I am like what what you mean I see nothing.

Whats that gold box is that real gold? Where it comes from?
How much.

Me aaa its just a fancy shoe box no need to worry 😅😅😅

They search internet and see headfi. Ohhh crap 8k heinnn come here please

Me

NOOOOO ooooo ,🤣🤣😃

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #4,587 of 4,765
Wait till the customs see it in the luggage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey Tiger whats this....

I am like what what you mean I see nothing.

Whats that gold box is that real gold? Where it comes from?
How much.

Me aaa its just a fancy shoe box no need to worry 😅😅😅

They search internet and see headfi. Ohhh crap 8k heinnn come here please

Me

NOOOOO ooooo ,🤣🤣😃
Haha that made my day. 🤣🤣

Glad I wasn't in this hobby while I lived in Toronto for 2 years! 😁😁😁

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #4,588 of 4,765
Just comparison hunting...has anyone tried both the Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 and the Shanling M8? I love the LPG oh, but it is somewhat Limited in functionality.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #4,589 of 4,765

Oh man, can't you share a little bit of love with the NW - WM1Z anymore? LOL I suppose it had a good run with you in your audio world.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #4,590 of 4,765

I really can't say enough about how well my Shure SRH1540 headphones pair with the Sony NW-WM1A. I still really want the Sony NW - WM1Z, but may take a look at the M8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back