Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #1,232 of 4,765
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Quote:
  I have never chased after a product as much as I have for it and it paid off. 

It sure has. And for many more people than just you. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #1,233 of 4,765
  They used to be very hard to place an order to, requiring me to place an order via a proxy living in Europe. I honestly havent look at them for a long time, thanks for reminding me. 

Now very easy to order, and the Ultimate is the upgrade for the SE5 reference, so even better. And pairs so well with the Lotoo that I am buying a Lotoo Paw Gold for my birthday (7th of November btw for those who want to chip in).

It is number one of this shootout: http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10-4-bd4-2-3-a12-2-w500-1-se5u 

FYI, I paid these in full and don't work for Spiral Ear 
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,234 of 4,765

If I was to keep two sources it would be lotoo and chord mojo. Sadly calyx M is no longer my favourite warmer sounding source reference.

You finally moved over. :) My Calyx M gathers dust these days. It is not just that I prefer the sound of the (EQ'd) PAW Gold, and it is not just the additional power being better suited to the NXT-2AK, I also find the interface to be so much snappier and usable. And then there is the battery life. Really I find the PAW Gold to be better across the board.

I am always here, it is that I am been stubborn on trying to get a better deal for PAW Gold and I have been unsuccessful. Lotoo will always have a special place with me as I have never chased after a product as much as I have for it and it paid off. 

I place it higher than chord Hugo now that I have a good listen. At what it does lotoo does it best. Lotoo wasn't designed to sound musical, it was designed to sound true to the recording and once I appreciate that design philosophy I started to hear its unforgiving honesty as something of a great importance.

My dream is to finally one day find a final CIEM, I havent venture that road yet :)

Definitely give UM Mentor a try if you love bass and highs :) their combination with LPG has one of the best bass and highs I've heard from a portable setup

I auditioned almost all the TOTL IEMs out there with my PG and the Mentor was my final pick.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #1,235 of 4,765

My dream is to finally one day find a final CIEM, I havent venture that road yet :)

I'm aware the company is apparently merging with another (Empire?), but I love the sound of the Earwerkz Omega paired with the LPG.  

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,239 of 4,765
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #1,240 of 4,765
Oct 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,242 of 4,765
  I havent heard anything, so what is the news?

Posted on Facebook, Sept. 29:

It's been about two years in the making but going forward we will be known as Empire. EarWerkz has been a phenomenal success thanks to all of the BEST supporters and artists that have been there for us since day one. We have a PHENOMENAL new in-ear monitor lineup being released soon and I am personally proud to say that I can maintain personal communication with all of you as I have given up my position of CEO to VP of Sales. I have joined forces with my father's company to even further our potential in every aspect and though EarWekz will be missed the vision we have for Empire is nothing short of extraordinary. Stay tuned for some incredible things!

Jack Vang
VP of Sales
Empire Ears

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,245 of 4,765
What do you mean, @audionewbi?  I'm not familiar with Empire.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782684/empire-ears-discussion-thread

Their website only went live today. They've been around but they rebranded.

Anyways... Lotoo PAW Gold 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back