Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Aug 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,156 of 4,765
Wanted to share a recent personal experience with the LPG and Earwerkz Omega CIEM:

Since I purchased the LPG a couple of months ago it has been my primary music player and I've been very happy with it paired with the Shure SE846.  With PMEG off I thought it sounded great.  Not long after receiving the LPG, based on a great review by @moedawg140 and comments by others online, I ordered the Earwerkz OMEGA CIEM. About 2 weeks after the order, they arrived, and man, they were pretty!

Anyway, I was unhappy with the sound, paired with the LPG -- the mids and highs sounded veiled/muted, while the bass was the most impressive I've ever heard in an IEM.  I returned them to the always helpful, Jack Vang, and asked if he'd take a look/listen, as something was obviously wrong.  I predicted a disconnected driver or something similar.  Jack checked and reported back that they could find nothing wrong with the returned set.  Instead of returning them, Jack had a new set made and they arrived just as I was going on vacation.  To cut back on the stuff I was dragging on vacation, I listened largely to the iPhone Plus 6.  They sounded fantastic!  Next time I tried on the LPG, the veiled/muted sound was still there.  

In my attempt to find if an adjustment via PMEQ might make a difference, I found a setting on an Japanese-language website that I thought I would try.  Wow!  All the difference in the world!  The LPG with the new PMEQ and the Earwerkz CIEM rock -- big time!  I couldn't be happier.  With the already rocking bass end of the spectrum, the setup now delivers fantastic mids and highs.  If any of you aren't terribly impressed with the sound you're hearing from the LPG, adjusting the PMEG could very well make the difference.  It certainly has for me.  I wish I knew more about PMEG and how to design other presets that sound as good as the one I found.

Thanks to @moedawg140 and Jack Vang for your help and advice.  I'm a very happy Earwerkz customer and LPG owner.

Oh, and for anyone interested in trying a new preset, here are the settings I copied:

Filter 1 - 33.3Hz/+4.0dB/HPF/1.0
Filter 2 - 55.0Hz/+6.5dB/BPF/1.0
Filter 3 - 1124.0Hz/+2.0dB/BPF/1.0
Filter 4 - 10000.0Hz/+8.4dB/BPF/1.0
Filter 5 - 10886.5Hz/+6.0dB/BPF/1.0

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #1,157 of 4,765
Has anyone taken off the foil and eaten the chocolate yet? :blush:

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,161 of 4,765
why my LPG now is always empty playlist after turn on LPG?
2 days ago is not like this
:frowning2:

and also all my playlist is gone?!?

i use old firmware

when i open my playlist, display: please update the database

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,162 of 4,765
  why my LPG now is always empty playlist after turn on LPG?
2 days ago is not like this
:frowning2:

and also all my playlist is gone?!?

i use old firmware

when i open my playlist, display: please update the database

Never used the playlist function, but why not try updating the firmware? It's very easy to do. 

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,163 of 4,765

Never used the playlist function, but why not try updating the firmware? It's very easy to do. 

yes, the main problem is firmware
old firmware has trouble to read too many files on sd card

before i never use playlist also... but now i think the playlist is very good, superb... can add song by folders or files
:)

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #1,168 of 4,765
Been away from this thread for a while -  last I heard, the PAW Gold was very difficult to obtain - is that still the situation, or is stock now more widely available?

Cheers.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,169 of 4,765
Market seems stable. Prices has gone down a little.

I am thinking of writing a long term feedback on it. In short this is a great reference dap, offers what can be at times brutal honesty.
It will not make everything sound good, unlike calyx M.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,170 of 4,765
Been away from this thread for a while -  last I heard, the PAW Gold was very difficult to obtain - is that still the situation, or is stock now more widely available?

Cheers.
Well in China it is easy :D I really want one, this player is not as clear as the AKs but something in the sound just draws me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back