Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 2, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #466 of 4,765
Hello,
I am very interessted for buying this Lotoo to replace my AK120II. I'm gonna sell my AK to buy this Lotoo.
The Paw list the mudisc by alphabetics order of folders , isn't it ? Becaus my Ihifi 960 or Colorfly C4 ranked the folders in order of copying and not in alphabetic order, so the last folders i pasted appeared in first, and i didn't like that.. The Paw doesn't work like that isn't it ? 
And I was wondering if the Paw is able to play all music (all files of all folders) in shuffle mode ? This is possible in the most of Dap (including the AK120II etc..) and i like to play all music (all files, that is to say more than 4 or 5000 files) in shuflle mode. Can the Paw do it ?
And is it gapless ?

Thanks by advance for your help..
Many thanks...
I want to be sure before buying one ..

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #467 of 4,765
  Yes it could but efftee wanted to run album with GAPless playback, if alum is split into songs there is a small gap in between songs on the PAW Gold which does not work well for Classical or Dark Side of the Moon.

Maybe split into 2 tracks, the split being where the small gap would be least noticeable?

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #468 of 4,765
  Hello,
I am very interessted for buying this Lotoo to replace my AK120II. I'm gonna sell my AK to buy this Lotoo.
The Paw list the mudisc by alphabetics order of folders , isn't it ? Becaus my Ihifi 960 or Colorfly C4 ranked the folders in order of copying and not in alphabetic order, so the last folders i pasted appeared in first, and i didn't like that.. The Paw doesn't work like that isn't it ? 
And I was wondering if the Paw is able to play all music (all files of all folders) in shuffle mode ? This is possible in the most of Dap (including the AK120II etc..) and i like to play all music (all files, that is to say more than 4 or 5000 files) in shuflle mode. Can the Paw do it ?
And is it gapless ?

Many thanks...

Yes the folders and files are alphabetically organised.
Unfortunately I don't think that it can play all files shuffled unless you dump all files in one folder. But what you can do is make a playlist with all your songs in it then it will play that playlist in shuffle mode.
There is a small gap between songs, normally not noticeable unless you are listening to classic etc. that has 0 gap between songs.  

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #469 of 4,765
Thanks for the answer Dulty..
So if i want to listen all music in shuffle mode, i need to build a playlist with all the music and then playing this playlist in shuffle, this is it ?
It's too bad...
That means that each time i add some files or folder in the SD, i need to do another playlist to have all the music, including the files i just copyied...
This isn't very practice..
So the shuffle mode exist only for playlist or for one foler at a time, isn't it ?
Is there a limit of number of files in a playlist ?

Thanks again..
Mathieu

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #470 of 4,765
  Hello,
And is it gapless ?

Many thanks...

Though I have not tried it yet, you should be able to play all music in Shuffle Mode if all your music is in one folder. I use Music\Artist\Album, you would them go up to Music folder and click right hand side of main dial and select play. I am loading music on player at this time but will try it out once it is done,

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #471 of 4,765
Is Amazon the only U.S. source for the Lotoo PAW Gold?  

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #474 of 4,765
  Though I have not tried it yet, you should be able to play all music in Shuffle Mode if all your music is in one folder. I use Music\Artist\Album, you would them go up to Music folder and click right hand side of main dial and select play. I am loading music on player at this time but will try it out once it is done,

Ok..but that means that all the files must be in onlyr one folder (several thousands files..)
Is it long to make a playlist ? I mean, how does it work to make a playlist, you must select each sub-folder to add on the playlist (one by one ?) Or you can add a parent folder in the playlist and it adds all the sub-folders too ?
For example, if i have 2 folders, the first will be called A-L (which contains all sub folders in alphabetic order form A to L) and the second will be M-Z (with the same logical, with sub folders in alphabetic order from M to Z) , is it possoble to add the parent folder A-L in my playlist and the playlist will contain all the files of the sub-folder of A-L and i  do the same with the secon d folder M-Z, then with only 2 manipulations, i can have all files that contains my SD..? Does it work like that ?

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #476 of 4,765
Jazzi the are 2 Lotoo Paws for sale on the forum.
One of them is mine,brand new never used, have a look :)

Brand new, only opened for pics, 'Samplestated on side.

It actually says 'Sample(not for sale)' on side. Full disclosure would be nice. Never used seems odd as well. I don't know of anyone that wouldn't at least give a listen once opened, even if not a proper one after break in and I don't know of a buyer that would care if it was tested. Just odd.

Musicday, this seems wrong on many levels. 

Not that a unit built this well should ever require it but, once sold, this specific unit will likely not have any warranty anywhere in the world.

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #478 of 4,765
So, it does it say (not for sale) on the side? Did you leave that out? Are you saying that no one has ever listened to it and that the box had sealed shrink plastic wrapped around it when acquired, to be removed and opened for a pic to sell? If you're going to bother and take pics, why not of that printing? It's the only view not available elsewhere.

I'm done on this subject but you brought up your sale in this tread and buyers need to understand exactly they're getting. I don't know how you acquired this unit but it's origin's nature is understood.

Here's the BST rule in case it applies or you just weren't aware. #6

http://www.head-fi.org/a/buy-sell-trade-rules

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #480 of 4,765
Bit of a design flaw - Oyaide Right Angle jacks cant be used in one direction as they are blocked by the design - volume guard.

Also showing off my new case -
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back