Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,908 of 4,765
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #1,909 of 4,765
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,910 of 4,765
Chaps, I have a silly Q: how do you creste playlists on the LPG? I searched the thread and found discussions on importing but not quite in how to add to the 3 playlists... Apologies if this has been dealt with before but I don't seem to be able to track it down. :)

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,911 of 4,765
Chaps, I have a silly Q: how do you creste playlists on the LPG? I searched the thread and found discussions on importing but not quite in how to add to the 3 playlists... Apologies if this has been dealt with before but I don't seem to be able to track it down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kiats, I do not think that there is any way to load or save a playlist between your computer and the LPG. They are local Lists only.

To add to List 1, 2 or 3, you right-click on the wheel while in the File Browser. So depending on where your cursor is, you could be adding a single song, an album, or (in my case) even a folder containing an entire genre.

You will then see the songs within the List in the List view. There you can delete or reorder the List songs (or clear the entire List at the upper level view). Everything is done by right-clicking.

I suspect that you may know all of this though. Cheers!

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #1,912 of 4,765
Chaps, I have a silly Q: how do you creste playlists on the LPG? I searched the thread and found discussions on importing but not quite in how to add to the 3 playlists... Apologies if this has been dealt with before but I don't seem to be able to track it down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kiats, I do not think that there is any way to load or save a playlist between your computer and the LPG. They are local Lists only.

To add to List 1, 2 or 3, you right-click on the wheel while in the File Browser. So depending on where your cursor is, you could be adding a single song, an album, or (in my case) even a folder containing an entire genre.

You will then see the songs within the List in the List view. There you can delete or reorder the List songs (or clear the entire List at the upper level view). Everything is done by right-clicking.

I suspect that you may know all of this though. Cheers!

Thanks for coming to the rescue, Coop! Actually, I didn't know how to do that at all... Heheh! *blush*

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #1,913 of 4,765
Kiats, I should add that once you start playing a Playlist, you can add songs to it on the fly from the file browser. This means that the PAW Gold has a Rockbox-like "Dynamic Playlist" function.

I find this feature very useful. What do I want to listen to next? I cue it up.

(Actually I would love it if the LPG had the Rockbox choices of "Play Next" and "Play Last". Currently it is always Play Last, i.e. it adds the song to the end of the Playlist. But you can then reorder songs from within the Playlist if you want to.)

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #1,914 of 4,765
Kiats, I should add that once you start playing a Playlist, you can add songs to it on the fly from the file browser. This means that the PAW Gold has a Rockbox-like "Dynamic Playlist" function.

(Actually I would love it if the LPG had the Rockbox choices of "Play Next" and "Play Last". Currently it is always Play Last, i.e. it adds the song to the end of the Playlist. But you can then reorder songs from within the Playlist if you want to.)

Thanks for the tip, Coop! I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on the playlist button and trying to add from there... You know - I do remember that screen of asking if you want to add to a playlist. Used to find it annoying... And then when I needed it, I couldn't find it. Life... :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,916 of 4,765

I have only an issue is that if you add anything to your card and update the database, the playlist is messed up.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,917 of 4,765
I have only an issue is that if you add anything to your card and update the database, the playlist is messed up.

That is interesting. I do not think that I have ever tried that - my Playlists are really temporary - but it makes sense that it could screw up. The playlist is referring back to the database but the database has changed. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #1,918 of 4,765
That is interesting. I do not think that I have ever tried that - my Playlists are really temporary - but it makes sense that it could screw up. The playlist is referring back to the database but the database has changed. 

Michael is right. It just happened to me this afternoon. I changed the albums in the SD card and half my playlist was wiped out. At that point in time, i just shrugged my shoulders and put it down to the charms of the LPG. But now it makes sense. :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #1,920 of 4,765
Hello All:
Does anyone have a copy of the latest update? Does it come with any differences in Sound Quality?

I believe the link is a few pages back. And there seems to be a bug though. Again it is set out in the preceding pages. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back