Introducing Lawton Audio-- Denon Mods, Re-Cables, Woodies & More.
Nov 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #17 of 279
As prommised som pictures of my recabled Kenwood KH-K1000.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #18 of 279
Nice pics, Kees.
L3000.gif

Quote:

Mark - do you plan to offer cup upgrades to the MD5000?

Our cups will fit a D5000, feel free to contact me for details.

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #19 of 279
great website.... Seems that I have to save $$ now...

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #20 of 279
I write to you a week ago, because i was interested to buy the "Demo cups" woods for my denons that you are selling; and i don't get any reply from you. Now, they were sold (of course)....
Very bad....

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #21 of 279
wilashort,
I did reply to your hotmail e-mail address from which the e-mail originated. I never heard back from you.

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #22 of 279
Markl, i never got your message. If i had got it. I will reply to you immediately....
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wilashort,
I did reply to your hotmail e-mail address from which the e-mail originated. I never heard back from you.

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn! Those D2000 cups look stunningly attractive!

Resistance is futile.

Pair of African Sepele Mahogany cups ordered.

Can't wait to get those
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #24 of 279
Awesome stuff Mark! Site looks great and will only get better with time.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm still enjoying my MD5000 immensely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #25 of 279
[size=medium]More Mahogany Custom Cups[/size]
Our latest shipment of African Sepele Mahogany custom cups is in, and this batch are even more beautiful than ever. Take a look:

mahoganynewshipmentlw0.jpg

This is just a sampling of the cups we received; when you order a pair, you can expect two cups that match each other in terms of grain pattern. I wish the way that the honey-like bands of rich color shift and move as you change viewing angles could somehow show up in a mere 2D digital photo. Great as they look here, there's just no way to fully capture all the gorgeous tones and shading that these cups have.
frown.gif
They are truly little works of wooden art; we can't wait to get your reaction when you see them in the flesh.
L3000.gif

Our custom cups for the D2000 have been a big hit and are selling fast (almost too fast). Our cups are made to our spec; we spent a lot of time making and auditioning different wood cups in different sizes trying to find the best match sonically for the D2000. Our cups are a bit larger and thicker than the stock D2000 cups and put a bit more air behind the driver. This creates a slightly larger and deeper soundstage, for a more "out-of-head" experience than the stock cups provide.

In our opinion, any wood cup, even the stock wooden cups of the D5000/D7000, are superior to the plastic cups of the D2000 in terms of providing a natural and realistic tone/timbre. Of course we think our design is superior to that used by Denon on their woodies. Different woods have a different sound (varying chiefly on the density of the wood), and we will work with you to pick the right pair based on your listening preferences.

We have two craftsmen, Roshan and George, who turn these cups for us. They are true artisans and are extremely selective about the wood they use for blanks for our cups. We are doing our best to keep up with demand and will have more new cups in different woods available soon.

At this time, in addition to the latest mahogany cups, we also have our custom cups cut from jarrah, a higher-density exotic wine-colored wood, with deep dark umber browns to light peach-colored accents, that again, do not totally translate in a digital photo. Nevertheless, take a look at these:

jarrahnewrk1.jpg

Finally, we have a pair of low-density Tasmanian Blackwood, which are not black at all, but a rich wheat-colored to dark caramel-colored wood that glows an eerie golden glow in the light. This also shifts colors in a cat's eye way when you change viewing angles.

blackwoodnewel7.jpg

Keep checking back with our website, Home, and this thread for the announcement of more and even better goodies we have in the works that will arrive in the coming weeks.

No matter what headphone you currently love, or if you are looking for a whole new world-class pair of cans, Lawton Audio has a solution for you. We will upgrade your headphone listening experience!

Best wishes and cheers from all at Lawton Audio.

Mark

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #27 of 279
Question to Mark... Does your full markl mod make the soundstage deeper? Because When I heard some markl modded D2000's (without the modded pads, I think) during a recent meet. The soundstage was wide but very narrow.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #28 of 279
Quote:

Question to Mark... Does your full markl mod make the soundstage deeper? Because When I heard some markl modded D2000's (without the modded pads)...

Well, that's part of the problem. The pad mod is essential to getting a deeper soundstage. Our new, larger custom cups, also contribute in this regard.

Presenting a deep soundstage, layered from front to back, is one of the hardest things to achieve in a headphone. To the extent that is possible, we feel that our phones with the maximum mods we apply, deliver a truly deep soundstage for a headphone.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #29 of 279
Thanks for answering the question. Interesting indeed. Maybe I'll venture into your markl modded Denons sooner or later because I really love the sound from the Denons aside from that narrow soundstage I heard during the meet
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #30 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]More Mahogany Custom Cups[/size]
Our latest shipment of African Sepele Mahogany custom cups is in, and this batch are even more beautiful than ever. Take a look:

mahoganynewshipmentlw0.jpg

I need the dark ones on the top center and top right!

Second choice the dark ones top left and bottom right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back