Introducing HIFIMAN Arya Organic
Jul 26, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #77 of 89
I think before judging headphones regarding their sound character its important to try them on different systems/dacs

My Arya V2 sounds thin/harsher/treble on dS/ESS DACs in general. On my Audio-gd(R2R) it sounds fuller deeper, more complete.

For this reason I think the HE1000 Stealth would be a great match for me. I might regret changing my order from Organic…but that price drop got me interested!

Its worth noting the sound of the chain before the headphone = pairing.

More HE1000 Stealth vs Organic impressions would be great to read.

Jul 26, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #78 of 89
I think before judging headphones regarding their sound character its important to try them on different systems/dacs

My Arya V2 sounds thin/harsher/treble on dS/ESS DACs in general. On my Audio-gd(R2R) it sounds fuller deeper, more complete.

For this reason I think the HE1000 Stealth would be a great match for me. I might regret changing my order from Organic…but that price drop got me interested!

Its worth noting the sound of the chain before the headphone = pairing.

More HE1000 Stealth vs Organic impressions would be great to read.
That's a really good point – also speaks to how HIFIMAN seems to prefer R2R DACs in their own devices. I definitely feel like either tubes or a smoother sounding DAC is critical to really enjoying a lot of HIFIMAN's headphones – especially for those of us who haven't lost the upper range on our hearing yet.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Jul 26, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #79 of 89
That's a really good point – also speaks to how HIFIMAN seems to prefer R2R DACs in their own devices. I definitely feel like either tubes or a smoother sounding DAC is critical to really enjoying a lot of HIFIMAN's headphones – especially for those of us who haven't lost the upper range on our hearing yet.
Thats true, I never noticed that, interesting!

Another crucial part of the chain, is the headphone cable. I find myself going back and forth hybrid and copper.

Then it suddenly hit me, I found the purpose of these cables. Hybrid is for headphones with bigger soundstage/ambience. Copper is for headphone with upfront smaller engaging soundstage, it gives the music warmth, emotion, this won´t work on the Arya for me. It compromise the clarity of the soundstage

Somehow it makes sense to me, after trying it on the HE400SE vs Arya V2

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #81 of 89
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #82 of 89
I use DSP plugin even with flat EQ to move the processing away from the CPU. This is a noticeable improvement for me. I DO NOT recommend use any native(or built in) EQ they "all" compromise the sound no matter what headphone I use.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-sounding-vst-mastering-eq-share-your-experience.968435/
Hmmm. I read through the two pages of that thread and I didn’t walk away convinced. There wasn’t any real evidence for or against, just some statements and opinions.

Nonetheless, however you EQ your cans, you are way ahead by applying EQ. Spending lots and lots of money on cables, amps, DACs, etc, all while trying somehow to dial in the sound just right seems a bit wasteful. Lots of vendors will be happy, but not our wallets.

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #83 of 89
Hmmm. I read through the two pages of that thread and I didn’t walk away convinced. There wasn’t any real evidence for or against, just some statements and opinions.

Nonetheless, however you EQ your cans, you are way ahead by applying EQ. Spending lots and lots of money on cables, amps, DACs, etc, all while trying somehow to dial in the sound just right seems a bit wasteful. Lots of vendors will be happy, but not our wallets.
It was not to convince you...

To say cables are wasteful, is not evidence either. Forza Audioworks cables are cheaper than stock HiFiMan stock cables, and clearly better to my taste.

Aryas stock cables bettered the Susvara hybrid cable on the HE400SE for me, but Im ordering the Claire HPC mk2(copper) anyway because I know(tried it before) beats the stock Arya by far in soundstage and balance....and again Im recommending hybrid to Aryas. The stock Arya cable is copper, but not as good as the FAW cable

Cable pairing is more important than you think, I am not saying it should cost a ton, that was my point with the stock Arya and Susvara comparison.

Everything All the way to your cans are important.

No matter how hard you try you can not EQ an ESS chip to R2R...

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #84 of 89
It was not to convince you...

To say cables are wasteful, is not evidence either. Forza Audioworks cables are cheaper than stock HiFiMan stock cables, and clearly better to my taste.

Aryas stock cables bettered the Susvara hybrid cable on the HE400SE for me, but Im ordering the Claire HPC mk2(copper) anyway because I know(tried it before) beats the stock Arya by far in soundstage and balance....and again Im recommending hybrid to Aryas. The stock Arya cable is copper, but not as good as the FAW cable

Cable pairing is more important than you think, I am not saying it should cost a ton, that was my point with the stock Arya and Susvara comparison.

Everything All the way to your cans are important.

No matter how hard you try you can not EQ an ESS chip to R2R...
In no way would I tell you to not buy whatever you want. Go ahead and spend your money any way you want. But as passionate as people can be, I will equally be passionate to advise people to save their money and at least first apply EQ. If that doesn’t give you what you want then spend extra money on what you think will help.

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #85 of 89
To someone who knows about Hifiman...
Can you list in chronological order the Arya and He 1000 models?
Is following correct for Aryas?
OG - V2 - Stealth - Organic?

Hard to relate when people always compare - now Organic - to previous models...
never owned any Hifiman HP!

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #86 of 89

It does not matter what it is when you have not listened to them. but you are right about the order of Arya

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #87 of 89

He1000, he1000 v2, he1000se, he1000 stealth

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #88 of 89
The SE is in its own class should not be confused with the lower costing HE1000 models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back