Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Oct 18, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #272 of 833
What about the Denon AH-D5200 Fanboys? :ksc75smile:

Comparisons are usually helpful..

BTW, the Clear are at a much higher price, so is it a fair contest.

This talk about the Nano being bright is putting me off as I refuse to use EQ.

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #273 of 833
My main focus has been adressing the treble. It’s too much off a good thing and after a while became slightly fatiguing to me. I enjoy the tonality so I’m trying to do as few changes as possible.

These are settings I’m using:
  • At 22 Hz, +3 dB with Q=1.41 (Bell)
  • At 6500 Hz, -2.5 dB with Q=4 (Bell)
  • At 6000, -3,5 dB with slope of 6 dB per octave (High shelf)
Before ordering the Nano I was looking at the Arya Organic and came across Resolve’s EQ for it. So I reused the same ideas for the Nano :smile:
Now that the Ananda Nano has several hundreds of hours on it (and after some changes to my setup) it has calmed down.

I now consider it EQ optional. These are my current settings:
Very impressive :L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #274 of 833
What about the Denon AH-D5200 Fanboys? :ksc75smile:

Comparisons are usually helpful..

BTW, the Clear are at a much higher price, so is it a fair contest.

This talk about the Nano being bright is putting me off as I refuse to use EQ.
I really don't think a price has much to do with comparisons its just an excuse.
Many lower budget headphones sound good hd600, hd6xx, hifiman sundara just to name a few. I have many different priced ones & some of my favourites are the cheaper ones.
Also when we buy new headphones the first thing we do is compare them with all our other ones regardless of cost.
I use an equalizer but honestly the headphones should be bloody good without one or im not interested. 🙂

Oct 22, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #276 of 833
Now that the Ananda Nano has several hundreds of hours on it (and after some changes to my setup) it has calmed down.

I now consider it EQ optional. These are my current settings:
Very impressive :L3000:
I’m using an iFi Zen Stream and was powering it with an iPower X at 15v. After changing to a LPS at 12v the balance between micro- and macrodynamics was improved with an overall slightly more laidback sound.

So with these changes I (again!) adjusted the EQ and all that is left is the boost of the sub-bass extension:
Maybe just a little too much energy in the treble at 5-6 kHz but I’m really enjoying it :k701smile:

Oct 23, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #277 of 833
Just saw this:

Always appreciate his reviews and ability to describe what he hears.

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #278 of 833
Hello my friends. So i was thinking on upgrading my DT 900 Pro X to the Hifiman Ananda Nano. Been reading some good things about it and they are on my budget ( the other contenders are the HarmonicDyne Zeus Elite )

I have a very personal criteria though, they need to be good for gaming.
I'm not the kind of person that has several headphones for different use cases, so i will give my 900 Pro X to my son and use these Ananda's for myself (or whatever choice i will end up with), for music, movies, and competitive FPS gaming.

So these are going to be powered by an Aune S9C Pro, do any of the lucky owners have experience with Ananda Nano's for FPS gaming that can help me out with their feedback?

Thank you so much for the time and help :)

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #279 of 833
Hello my friends. So i was thinking on upgrading my DT 900 Pro X to the Hifiman Ananda Nano. Been reading some good things about it and they are on my budget ( the other contenders are the HarmonicDyne Zeus Elite )

I'm not the kind of person that has several headphones for different use cases, so i will give my 900 Pro X to my son and use these Ananda's for myself (or whatever choice i will end up with), for music, movies, and competitive FPS gaming.

So these are going to be powered by an Aune S9C Pro, do any of the lucky owners have experience with Ananda Nano's for FPS gaming that can help me out with their feedback?

Sorry, I don’t have clue if they are good for gaming.

And with that I’m reminded of my age :sweat_smile:

Oct 23, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #281 of 833

I would think that a bass hyped type of headphone would be more suited for your needs. The Ananda Nanos have a neutral type of bass and what I believe they have over a lot of headphones is extra micro dynamic details and very fast transient response. I would look elsewhere if I was you. Not because they are not good but because they are not what I would expect from a set of headphones if I was only using them for enjoyment and entertainment.

Oct 23, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #282 of 833

I'm using it for FPS competitive gaming (CS2) and casual gaming (BFV and BF2042) and it sounds very well with the FiiO K7, impressive detail, outstanding imaging, powerfull bass, etc.

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #284 of 833
Just saw this:

Always appreciate his reviews and ability to describe what he hears.

Yes, and I 98% agree with him. I do feel source, amp, dac effects how bright and lean the Ananda Nano sounds. I never felt them lacking body, or sounding weak in the low end, or too bright in the treble. And timbre is good. Nothing mind blowing, not like ZMF. But it's still very good. The only thing I disagree with is staging. I found it to be larger than any Ananda and Edition XS. But not Arya level. But for $600 you get 90% of what the Arya Organic gives you. I agree with that 100%. With some eq. You can make it have a better tuning than the Arya Organic and now you're at 92% of the Arya Organic. Is an extra 8% worth $700 more? For me. I would. But I am beyond happy with the Ananda Nano. I'd rather wait a few more years and see what the new big next thing is that Hifiman has to offer 😊

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #285 of 833

I am using a simple SoundBlasterX G6 and absolutely love them. Playing things like Apex, Deep Rock, Horrizon and a few others. I feel they are great. Heaps of clarity and detail too 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back