Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Dec 20, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #466 of 802
So here's what I got from your EQ. (See attached both yours and my correction).

I noticed the vocals a bit thin in ''Is this love by Bob Marley''. So I corrected it and added side bands to give it some space and presence.

I also noticed the kick to be hollowed so I lowered the 22hz boost and added a correction at 60hz. I also corrected the Low shelf. Resulting in a tighter kick with equal sub energy. But the hollowness is gone.

Corrected a bit between 8 and 11khz and the highest shelf to remove a bit of air and the sizzling that was unnecessary.

Also moved the mid boost a bit higher and corrected at 1khz so there's no nasal sound coming in.

Let me know how it sound on your side.

Attachments

• Pro-Q 3.zip
    950 bytes · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #467 of 802
My experience :L3000:

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #469 of 802
Dec 20, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #470 of 802
And what exactly is "properly" ?
The curve you chose to adopt and fits you best !

If Harman is your thing, you're in your luck. Maybe even oratory and Crinacle will live in your device and you'll be happy ever after. Moreover, most consumer devices are tuned close to those curves. So it might be a big win situation for you.

On the other hand, if the B&K, Trinnov and Sonarwork curve doesn't give you what you need, you might never want to put your feets in a Mixing or Mastering Studio. Your Jesus Christ will go from blurred to pitch black. :laughing:

Dec 20, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #473 of 802
Dec 21, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #474 of 802
One persons harshness is another beautifully extended and that alone is awesome.

And that is why there is no "right way" to EQ a headphone.

You my do it if you wish, but at best it will suit your individual tastes :)

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #476 of 802
You are clearly missing the point, but never mind.

Dec 21, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #478 of 802
So here's what I got from your EQ. (See attached both yours and my correction).

I noticed the vocals a bit thin in ''Is this love by Bob Marley''. So I corrected it and added side bands to give it some space and presence.

I also noticed the kick to be hollowed so I lowered the 22hz boost and added a correction at 60hz. I also corrected the Low shelf. Resulting in a tighter kick with equal sub energy. But the hollowness is gone.

Corrected a bit between 8 and 11khz and the highest shelf to remove a bit of air and the sizzling that was unnecessary.

Also moved the mid boost a bit higher and corrected at 1khz so there's no nasal sound coming in.

Let me know how it sound on your side.
First impressions are very positive, there’s a balance to the sound that somehow just makes sense :beerchug:

I need to spend time with these settings and compare with what I had done to better understand what’s going on. For example, I wasn’t able to figure what was messing with Bob Marley’s voice. In hindsight I might have had the right idea but just wasn’t able to execute properly. The difference between an amateur and a pro is pretty obvious right now :sweat_smile:

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #479 of 802
First impressions are very positive, there’s a balance to the sound that somehow just makes sense :beerchug:

I need to spend time with these settings and compare with what I had done to better understand what’s going on. For example, I wasn’t able to figure what was messing with Bob Marley’s voice. In hindsight I might have had the right idea but just wasn’t able to execute properly. The difference between an amateur and a pro is pretty obvious right now :sweat_smile:
I have no merit. I'm simply A/B'ing and phase inverting the calibration file I got after their measurement.

I did notice the kick and the vocals ( the last is not a night and day thing but if you quickly switch between your profile and my correction , you should hear the voice being beefier and more upfront) but you really need to listen to individual part very closely to hear whats going on.

I suggest making a 5 seconds loop in your DAW and quickly switching between the profiles and focusing on one specific part/ instrument of the song.

I made some fine tuning to my revision of your profile. After phase inversion, I still have a small 1db overshoot at about 450hz. Nothing dramatic but just so you know it's there. I'm just out of bands in Pro Q3 to correct it.

The rest is very very close to the calibration file under linear phase in Sonarwork and Max phase correction in Pro Q 3.

Here's the path to the preset if it can help :
C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\FabFilter\Presets\Pro-Q 3

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• TheR0v3r Dec 20 2023 (Martel Update 2).zip
    595 bytes · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #480 of 802
I have no merit. I'm simply A/B'ing and phase inverting the calibration file I got after their measurement.

I did notice the kick and the vocals ( the last is not a night and day thing but if you quickly switch between your profile and my correction , you should hear the voice being beefier and more upfront) but you really need to listen to individual part very closely to hear whats going on.

I suggest making a 5 seconds loop in your DAW and quickly switching between the profiles and focusing on one specific part/ instrument of the song.

I made some fine tuning to my revision of your profile. After phase inversion, I still have a small 1db overshoot at about 450hz. Nothing dramatic but just so you know it's there. I'm just out of bands in Pro Q3 to correct it.

The rest is very very close to the calibration file under linear phase in Sonarwork and Max phase correction in Pro Q 3.

Here's the path to the preset if it can help :
C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\FabFilter\Presets\Pro-Q 3

Let me know what you think.
Yes, this is really nice :L3000:

One track I always make sure to play is ”Within” by Daft Punk. It such a nice, well recorded track with alot of details. Once everything falls into place you just stop listening to your system and listen in awe to the music (at least I do!). But it’s really, really hard to get it to sound just right: the piano, the vocoder, the cymbals, effects etc. Another one is ”Little Things” by Big Thief. It just hits different when you get everything right.

This is good! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back