Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #361 of 799
Seems interesting but I couldn’t follow along and it’s impossible to read their list afterward unless you’re such a nerd that you know how all headphones look like.

I really found the raal ca-1a impression interesting.

I wonder which hifiman they put in the S category….
This comparision is not objective, they just follow "feelings", ananda stealth and ananda nano in C What, and edition xs in B, the ananda family sound much better of edition xs.
If they dont like air and detailed sound just eq the trebles... these headset are for technical listening, if you pay this type of prices mean you wanna listen every detail of the sound, ananda nano is very similar to Arya that is one of the best headset in the range 1000-1500 eur... but you pay it 700 eur, for me ananda stealth should be in A, ananda nano in S because is very similar with sen 800s but in some things like soundstage ananda nano and imaging beat sen 800s at half price... arya is just a little more detailed and confortable... but not so much to justify the double price.... the step over ananda nano is arya organic at 1500....
If you wanna a "funny" unbalanced sound just buy Sundara or something else, in fact the price is less.... for me this video is completely wrong and no sense.
And not all the listeners get tired from "sharp" sound, i listen for hours and hours, also the ananda nano that for these youtubers is so "sharp", isnt true, ananda nano have bass similiar to audeze bass... and this headset with burn in will sound in other way.... i think they just dont try enough the headsets... i will follow other reviews, more technical, like some magazine, instead of youtuber that think to be expert....

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #362 of 799
This comparision is not objective, they just follow "feelings", ananda stealth and ananda nano in C What, and edition xs in B, the ananda family sound much better of edition xs.
If they dont like air and detailed sound just eq the trebles... these headset are for technical listening, if you pay this type of prices mean you wanna listen every detail of the sound, ananda nano is very similar to Arya that is one of the best headset in the range 1000-1500 eur... but you pay it 700 eur, for me ananda stealth should be in A, ananda nano in S because is very similar with sen 800s but in some things like soundstage ananda nano and imaging beat sen 800s at half price... arya is just a little more detailed and confortable... but not so much to justify the double price....
If you wanna a "funny" unbalanced sound just buy Sundara or something else, in fact the price is less.... for this this video for me is completely wrong..
Yeah they said it. All those ratings are without EQ. Nonetheless, I still don’t know which headphones they did put on S and S+.

Im just curious. I don’t rely on their opinions to be the holy truth. I’m really just curious and don’t want to spend 2 hours listening to the whole show to know which ones were placed in top of their list .

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #363 of 799
Yeah they said it. All those ratings are without EQ. Nonetheless, I still don’t know which headphones they did put on S and S+.

Im just curious. I don’t rely on their opinions to be the holy truth. I’m really just curious and don’t want to spend 2 hours listening to the whole show to know which ones were placed in top of their list .
My opinion is without eq, other thing to take in consideration, this is the reason why many audiophile now dont trust in "burn in", because there is the adaption of your ears, with time your ears will be confortable to listen a headset instead of other, you have just give the right time, the first times you will feel bad and annoying... for example from sundara to ananda because sharper, but i can tell you that when you back you will say "what crap music i listened before", is happen to me, the difference between me and these youtubers for example is that i feel a headset for more of 100 hours... and im not a fan of some brand....
I still trust to burn in, is a mix of things, my ananda nano are changing hour after hour.
Im listening from this morning the ananda nano without eq, dont need, ananda nano is very balanced sound, follow the harmon curve, just trebles are boosteed like headset after 1000 eur.... to give a sound more detailed and give a boost for example is genre like eletric or rock, because guitar for example you feel very sharp, i like it, they dont need eq.

I advice to you the ananda nano, you have a senheiser 800s at half price, now is the masterpiece under 1000, if you wanna until 400, many will say sundara.... but edition xs and ananda stealth have the same price of sundara now, so just take ananda.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #364 of 799
My opinion is without eq, other thing to take in consideration, this is the reason why many audiophile now dont trust in "burn in", because there is the adaption of your ears, with time your ears will be confortable to listen a headset instead of other, you have just give the right time, the first times you will feel bad and annoying... for example from sundara to ananda because sharper, but i can tell you that when you back you will say "what crap music i listened before", is happen to me, the difference between me and these youtubers for example is that i feel a headset for more of 100 hours... and im not a fan of some brand....
I still trust to burn in, is a mix of things, my ananda nano are changing hour after hour.
Im listening from this morning the ananda nano without eq, dont need, ananda nano is very balanced sound, follow the harmon curve, just trebles are boosteed like headset after 1000 eur.... to give a sound more detailed and give a boost for example is genre like eletric or rock, because guitar for example you feel very sharp, i like it, they dont need eq.

I advice to you the ananda nano, you have a senheiser 800s at half price, now is the masterpiece under 1000, if you wanna until 400, many will say sundara.... but edition xs and ananda stealth have the same price of sundara now, so just take ananda.
I do own the Nanos….

But I could never work with them without a massive treble EQ.

But it is the consumer curve so I understand why it’s tuned that way.

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #365 of 799
I do own the Nanos….

But I could never work with them without a massive treble EQ.

But it is the consumer curve so I understand why it’s tuned that way.
give the time to adapt your ears, use lower volume, you should listen your voice or with time you ruin your ears....do you use with some cable or dac, amp?
Or you use on pc?
Your hardware change the audio of headset.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #367 of 799
give the time to adapt your ears, use lower volume, you should listen your voice or with time you ruin your ears....do you use with some cable or dac, amp?
Or you use on pc?
Your hardware change the audio of headset.
I have them since July.

I mix and master music. I don’t listen for enjoyment. Everything is eq’d even all my studio monitors .

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #372 of 799
The one I received after my specific pair was measured by Sonarwork. It’s a custom EQ not tuned to the Harman curve.
Ok,
This is my eq If somebody wanna try but i like more original sound.
Preamp: -4.5 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 27 Hz Gain 4.6 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 30 Hz Gain -0.2 dB Q 1.900
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 49 Hz Gain 0.6 dB Q 2.000
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 170 Hz Gain 0.9 dB Q 2.000
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -1.0 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 450 Hz Gain -0.8 dB Q 1.800
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 710 Hz Gain 1.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 2.000
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 1300 Hz Gain 1.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain 4.2 dB Q 1.000
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 3400 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1.700
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 4600 Hz Gain 1.5 dB Q 1.000
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 7500 Hz Gain -2.7 dB Q 0.500
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 9900 Hz Gain 12.0 dB Q 2.000
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 12000 Hz Gain -10.9 dB Q 2.000
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 16000 Hz Gain 9.4 dB Q 2.000
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 19000 Hz Gain -12.0 dB Q 0.600
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 20000 Hz Gain -6.2 dB Q 0.800

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #373 of 799
Nano is a great can, I’m really happy with it plugged to this combo and with this cheap cable.

IMG_9028.jpeg

IMG_8364.jpeg
IMG_8359.jpeg

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #375 of 799
Many of the reviewers of Ananda Nano also have these other headphones if you search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back