Introducing Dekoni Audio Sheepskin Ear Pads for the Meze 99
Jul 14, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #17 of 24
Hello everyone,
I have owned my meze 99 classic since somewhere in 2016 I think. I havent used it for a while but recently got back into headphone listening. While I heard that I have the larger pads the driver still touches my ear. The pads are old though and so while i was looking for replacements I came across these by dekoni audio.
Has anyone actually tried these in practice and how are they?
Are they more comfortable then the stock pads and how do they alter the sound in real life listening?
Interested in hearing any feedback, never tried alternative pads before.
Thanks in advance for any info,
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 24
Here's a Stock vs Sheepskin Frequency Response conparison that you can actually read:
Meze 99 Classics - Stock vs Sheepskin.png

Edit: here's a simulation of what an industry standard GRAS system would show (>1KHz occluded for clarity):
Meze Sheepskin Simulation.png

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #20 of 24
Hi, I am visually impaired so graphs dont tell me that much.
Are there any conclusions that you would be able to summarize for me regarding stock response vs the sheepskin pads?
Thanks in advance and thanks for the quick reply.
Greetings, Anouk,
Based on the frequency response alone, I would rather use the stock pads.
That being said, there are other factors at play like how soft, spacious, stuffy the pad is or how well it isolates.

May 24, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #22 of 24
These Dekoni Pads are an improvement for sure. They make the sound fuller and the bass tighter and deeper. The vocals are clearer and the treble is just right. It’s not a huge difference and they’re kinda pricey, but I think they’re the best pads for the Meze 99 Classics. I’ve tried the small and big pads before and I really like the sound of this Dekoni ones.

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #23 of 24
are they deeper than the stock Meze pads? I am looking to try some Meze replacement pads that are like the large but deep since my ear hits the driver. The small stock is comfortable, but I am looking to try something over ear instead of on ear.

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #24 of 24
are they deeper than the stock Meze pads? I am looking to try some Meze replacement pads that are like the large but deep since my ear hits the driver. The small stock is comfortable, but I am looking to try something over ear instead of on ear.
Yes, there is more space for the ear and in my case with the Dekoni I don't touch the driver (my ear size is medium, I would say).

They are more resistant than the stock pads and way more confortable but they have a little more depth in the bass and sub-bass which can be a bit annoying if you are looking for more naturalness.

In comfort and resistance I would say:

Dekoni >>>> Meze large >> Meze small.

In overall sound:

Meze small > Dekoni >>>> Meze large

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back