Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 17, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #16 of 3,158
Great first impressions thanks, looks like I might pull the trigger :p

And compared to your N5005?

Edit : uh-oh, it doesn't show on Amazon which says it's in stock but on RHA's website....

rsuFLdjduE3Q8F4GO3d01PQBw3NSTp.png

@RHA Team : no stock left ?

I'm going to sit and spend a bit of time comparing the N5005 and CL2 tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Off the top off my head though I'd say that the N5005 maybe has better separation of the instruments etc but bit too early to tell really.

One more thing. Could you compare the bass response to some of the iems you currently have?
How much of a bass punch do these have compared to good dynamics?
That will answer all my questions honestly.

I don't mind the questions, I've done it enough times to others.

My early impression is that the bass is on a par witht he bass from my N5005 which has the most luscious bass!

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 3,158
I'm going to sit and spend a bit of time comparing the N5005 and CL2 tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Off the top off my head though I'd say that the N5005 maybe has better separation of the instruments etc but bit too early to tell really.

My early impression is that the bass is on a par witht he bass from my N5005 which has the most luscious bass!
Yup. Pulling the trigger :)
Going to Pair them with my sony NW-ZX300 4.4mm
Keep those impressions coming. :)

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #18 of 3,158
I'm going to sit and spend a bit of time comparing the N5005 and CL2 tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Off the top off my head though I'd say that the N5005 maybe has better separation of the instruments etc but bit too early to tell really. My early impression is that the bass is on a par witht he bass from my N5005 which has the most luscious bass!

Nice thanks!

Yup. Pulling the trigger :)

Did you read my post above? you'll have a bit of wait, it will ship october 1st

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 3,158
Sep 17, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 3,158
How does the bluetooth adapter sound? Is it significantly inferior than wired?

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #22 of 3,158
Man I should have ordered these a week ago. Got the vega instead, and they almost blew my ear drums out.
Gonna order these Wednesday, and then will have to be patient as these seem to be on backorder.

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #23 of 3,158
They are very musical, I’ve listened for around 3 hours this afternoon with no fatigue or discomfort.
Thanks for your impressions so far - glad you're enjoying!

@RHA Team : no stock left ?
So, our initial shipment disappeared faster than we'd anticipated! (A good problem to have). There's a few left in our North American stock last I checked. We're working as hard as we can to get more to our distribution hubs, but, yeah, start of October estimated (sorry).

Cheers,
Colum

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #24 of 3,158
One thing I will say straight away is that the fit on these is outstanding. Sits really flush in my ear with minimal fuss.

Appreciate your initial impressions. Might they even replace an over-ear headphone? They deliver a voluminous soundstage?

Haven't enjoyed an in-ear yet that sounds as multi-dimensional as an over-ear, hopefully these CL2 do?

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #25 of 3,158
So, our initial shipment disappeared faster than we'd anticipated! (A good problem to have). There's a few left in our North American stock last I checked. We're working as hard as we can to get more to our distribution hubs, but, yeah, start of October estimated (sorry).

No worries, good problem to have indeed, just pointing out that it's out of stock despite Amazon saying it's available...

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #26 of 3,158
Currently giving the Bluetooth a wee listen whilst supposed to be studying - on a Uni reading week!

I’m not one for usually using Bluetooth earphones, tried it a few times with my old Flare Pro and Golds and it was ok but I didn’t like the connecter that they used.

Now I’m only a few tracks in, these are tracks that I normally use when trying out new kit. Have to be honest and say that so far they are really impressing me with the performance. Using flac offline files on Tidal via iPhone X Bluetooth and they sound very very good.

I was expecting more of a difference in SQ from wired via Fiio Q5 but although there is a slight difference in sound it is nothing that I couldn’t live with on a regular basis. Detail and depth is still present.

Going to try the N5005 Bluetooth next, never even taken the BT out the box!

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #27 of 3,158

With 100 dollar more, do you think the SQ differences between N5005 and CL2 worth it?

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #28 of 3,158
With 100 dollar more, do you think the SQ differences between N5005 and CL2 worth it?

Here in the UK, they are both the same price. They both come with identical contents - 3.5mm, 2.5mm cables and bluetooth function.

It's difficult as it usually is with closely matched products. My N5005 have a fair amount of hours on them whereas the CL2 have around 5 or so.

I've not compared them wired directly yet but did have a wee bluetooth shootout this afternoon. The N5005 are a bit harder to drive via BT and required iphone volume to be around 70-80% whilst the CL2 only needed around 50-60%.

Soundwise it's more difficult to separate, the N5005 have a lovely smooth laid back sound with lots of detail. The CL2 for me are a bit more forward with more energy, a bit more in your face than the N5005 however they are packed full of detail with a real deep bass kick to them. Will spend a little time tomorrow comparing wired via the Fiio Q5.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #29 of 3,158
I really hope someone can compare these to the beyerdynamic xelento.
Tesla technology against planar. Both have majorhifi gold awards.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #30 of 3,158
Here in the UK, they are both the same price. They both come with identical contents - 3.5mm, 2.5mm cables and bluetooth function.

It's difficult as it usually is with closely matched products. My N5005 have a fair amount of hours on them whereas the CL2 have around 5 or so.

I've not compared them wired directly yet but did have a wee bluetooth shootout this afternoon. The N5005 are a bit harder to drive via BT and required iphone volume to be around 70-80% whilst the CL2 only needed around 50-60%.

Soundwise it's more difficult to separate, the N5005 have a lovely smooth laid back sound with lots of detail. The CL2 for me are a bit more forward with more energy, a bit more in your face than the N5005 however they are packed full of detail with a real deep bass kick to them. Will spend a little time tomorrow comparing wired via the Fiio Q5.
What tips are you using with the planars?
Have you tried the comply foams?
That should calm them down a bit in the trebble area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back