Intrest check for axpona 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 117
I still can't believe that there are so few people on this thread. Axpona is a great place to hear headfi gear but more importantly speaker set ups that most of us will never be able to afford. :):)

Hopefully more will join in the thread soon. I am going to see if anyone at the meet this weekend in the Chicago area is planning to attend.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #32 of 117
3 weeks away, yet I have seen more excitement at the DMV. I hope the show is better than the traffic in this thread. :wink:
It is not a Head-Fi event more a two channel thing.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #33 of 117

It would be great if it was done like the canjam at rmaf. Maybe it would drive more interest.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #34 of 117
Only going to be up there Saturday as my wife is going up to see her nieces new little one in Northern Indiana and Axpona is no more than a hour away.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #35 of 117
It would be great if it was done like the canjam at rmaf. Maybe it would drive more interest.
Yes I agree. RMAF was a lot of fun but like CanJam SoCal better much better weather: )

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #37 of 117
Stop by the Noble booth folks, Noble will be having 20% off universals and 15% off a custom Katana or Encore. Gary from Audiophile Zone will be offering 20% off on items also, he will be providing Chord gear for demoing, including a Dave.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #39 of 117
Should have mentioned it sooner I'll be there for all three days plus the day before I also booked a double Queen room anybody needs a bed send me a message as I have an extra one

Also Mr speakers woo audio and Kimber kable had a really nice showroom last year on the 13th floor

Plus there is a headphone area that has quite a few vendors I would say it's about two to three times bigger than a large well-organized local meat

I know that we did like a little mini meat their last year as well with about 10 or 11 of us does anybody know if we're doing it again for this year

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #40 of 117

Its just like the High End Show I use to attend, more about the other gear with a headphone and portable area.

It's definitely not a headfi thing is

headfi never post coverage from it and any discussion is usually in the small forums

Likely not but maybe a conflict of interest, I would imagine that headfi explored the opportunity of setting up a partnership and trying to work to expand the headphone space that Axpona has set aside and likely didn't quite get what they were looking for so there's no focus on it here

Still there are some big players that have really nice suites for the show

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #41 of 117
It's definitely not a headfi thing is

headfi never post coverage from it and any discussion is usually in the small forums

Likely not but maybe a conflict of interest, I would imagine that headfi explored the opportunity of setting up a partnership and trying to work to expand the headphone space that Axpona has set aside and likely didn't quite get what they were looking for so there's no focus on it here

Still there are some big players that have really nice suites for the show

The show has plenty people want to check out, Ethan told me in NY he would be there. Heck, its a 3 days show compared to the 2 day CanJam shows.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #42 of 117
The show has plenty people want to check out, Ethan told me in NY he would be there. Heck, its a 3 days show compared to the 2 day CanJam shows.

I agree there is a lot of cool stuff there! Outside of what ever Head Fi could pull in, who was Ethan though? Maybe we will see a Head Fi collab in the future

I know I Mentioned it to Brian [Axel C] last year and he mentioned that Head Fi wanted to bring the majority of it's focus to CanJams and not other Audio Shows [local meets not included there since we see coverage of those posted on fp]

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #43 of 117
I agree there is a lot of cool stuff there! Outside of what ever Head Fi could pull in, who was Ethan though? Maybe we will see a Head Fi collab in the future

I know I Mentioned it to Brian [Axel C] last year and he mentioned that Head Fi wanted to bring the majority of it's focus to CanJams and not other Audio Shows [local meets not included there since we see coverage of those posted on fp]

Ethan, the guy that runs the CanJam shows, aka, third_eye.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #44 of 117
This just seems absurd, I booked my flight and it was $403 booking early. The first one is my flight.

Annotation-2019-04-04-222454.png

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #45 of 117
Alot of times flying into o'hare is a little more expensive some of the cheaper options whenever I fly out of the area would be Milwaukee which is only about a hour and five minutes or chi midway which is about 45 min. Even though o'hare is 20 min from Schaumburg you can always rent a car and maybe that helps with a couple of bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back