Intrest check for axpona 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

CreditingKarma

1000+ Head-Fier
Just seeing if anyone is planning on making it to axpona this year in Chicago.
Not sure if there is anything in the works for a meet at the event similar to last year.

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 117
I'll be there on Sunday! It'll be my first Axpona.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 117
Nice we might try to set up a meet in late March. It is always a good time to meet others and try different gear

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 117
Excellent! I've been eager for a Chicago meet since actively getting on these boards in December.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 117
Giordanos is good to the spinach pizza is great. Portillo's is good for Italian beef For a burger by the expo Kumar's is good spot. A o. Bhon jua opened up there too with good Korean fried chicken. I live about 10 min away from the expo. It would be great to get a group to grab drinks and some food. I plan on being there all three days.

Feb 27, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 117
Giordanos is good to the spinach pizza is great. Portillo's is good for Italian beef For a burger by the expo Kumar's is good spot. A o. Bhon jua opened up there too with good Korean fried chicken. I live about 10 min away from the expo. It would be great to get a group to grab drinks and some food. I plan on being there all three days.

I wouldn't really be picky about where to have pizza, I just want to try the Chicago style. I arrive Thursday for move in day, then of course all 3 days at the Noble booth.

Feb 27, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 117
I went to AXPONA for the first time last year and since I'm only two hours from there I will probably be there this year. I prefer to go on Friday because the crowd is smaller than Saturday or Sunday at these type of shows.
I do like Gino's or Giordano's pizza but Lou Malnati's is my favorite for Pizza. There is a YouTube video with Jon Stewart making fun of Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, calling it a casserole. A few days later, a member of the Malnati family showed up on the show with one of their deep dish pizzas for Stewart to try. He ate crow and said that Malnati's pizza was really good. Stewart also made fun of Chicago Style Hot Dogs, calling them a salad but trying a Portillo hot dog will put that fallacy to rest. I used to love the Italian beef/sausage Combo sandwich but it seems to have lost something since the Portillo family sold the business a few years ago.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 117
I am down for someone to drive us to get some killer pizza. Not sure what my other folks at the booth want to do though. They might be renting a car, I would hate to leave without trying Chicago style pizza and I don't mean trying what they have at O'hare.

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #13 of 117
I will be at Axpona this year. They sold out at the main hotel really early so I am at the Embassy Suites.

I am not a Chicago guy as I live south by a few hours in the middle of the corn & bean fields.

I will be sure to stop by the Noble booth.

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 117
I went to AXPONA for the first time last year and since I'm only two hours from there I will probably be there this year. I prefer to go on Friday because the crowd is smaller than Saturday or Sunday at these type of shows.
I do like Gino's or Giordano's pizza but Lou Malnati's is my favorite for Pizza. There is a YouTube video with Jon Stewart making fun of Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, calling it a casserole. A few days later, a member of the Malnati family showed up on the show with one of their deep dish pizzas for Stewart to try. He ate crow and said that Malnati's pizza was really good. Stewart also made fun of Chicago Style Hot Dogs, calling them a salad but trying a Portillo hot dog will put that fallacy to rest. I used to love the Italian beef/sausage Combo sandwich but it seems to have lost something since the Portillo family sold the business a few years ago.
Portillo's and Lou Malnati's are excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back