Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Sep 16, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #797 of 1,037
Anyone have intime miyabi FR graph? I just received my original Intime Sora (first sora), compared to other intime variant i like the original sora tuning more, finally after some time I received mine and they are absolutely stunners. I like how balance and non muddy bass (great bass shelf even not perfect) but clearly tuned very great better than average hundred dollars or kilobuck IEMs out there. Joining intime club even not coming in time (way years late)

Sep 16, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #798 of 1,037
I've got the chance to audition Miyabi recently and from the short audition what I liked most about it is the separation and soundstage. IMO treble is still better in Kira and bass is still better in Nagi but the combination of tonality, separation and soundstage makes Miyabi more natural and lively.

Some say Miyabi is similar to Blessing 2 but cheaper. Haven't heard Blessing 2 yet but Miyabi might be my next intime purchase.

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #801 of 1,037
@DynamicEars you got z1r already, why bother?

Curiosity killed the cat?
I have my Z1R about around 2 years, within that 2 years i bought lot of IEMs too, not only the Sora.
But long time before that Sora already
On my radar but i couldn't get it so I totally forgot about it until I read again about intime and decided to look after.

I got kato, hana 2021, ex800st replacing my sold ex1000, fiio fd5 this year, and without new toy bias, I prefer $50 original Sora to them really. I really like the Kato overall but i like Sora more because of the tonality, bottom extension and upper high extension. The VST driver on sora here is one of the best sample of implementation of piezo driver. Smooth, extended, airy, not overdone.
The sora tuning is really close to my preferences. I've done measurement with my coupler and i will post later. This kind of tuning especially bass shelf part is one of rarity below kilobucks seriously, delicious clean cut bass.
Even the graphene coated driver isn't the most tight but helped with great tuning they sound awesome. For below $50 this is magical, again too bad they're fixed cable IEM, but not a dealbreaker for me though.

Right boys will be boys man

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #802 of 1,037
I got kato, hana 2021, ex800st replacing my sold ex1000, fiio fd5 this year, and without new toy bias, I prefer $50 original Sora to them really. I really like the Kato overall but i like Sora more because of the tonality, bottom extension and upper high extension. The VST driver on sora here is one of the best sample of implementation of piezo driver. Smooth, extended, airy, not overdone.
The sora tuning is really close to my preferences. I've done measurement with my coupler and i will post later. This kind of tuning especially bass shelf part is one of rarity below kilobucks seriously, delicious clean cut bass.
Even the graphene coated driver isn't the most tight but helped with great tuning they sound awesome. For below $50 this is magical, again too bad they're fixed cable IEM, but not a dealbreaker for me though.

I wonder how the MA910S will be....
" The Maestraudio brand's first product, "MA910S", is equipped with a single newly developed graphene coat dynamic driver that has been developed and tuned exclusively for this brand product. In tuning, we focused on the head-related transfer function and optimized the frequency characteristics to give the listener a sense of reality. By combining a passive ceramic coat tweeter, which will be described later, it is possible to achieve natural reproduction with minimal distortion from low to high frequencies."

New graphene driver and new "RST" tweeter but still fixed cable.

I mean I actually think it will be a winner which is why I bought one.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #803 of 1,037
I wonder how the MA910S will be....
" The Maestraudio brand's first product, "MA910S", is equipped with a single newly developed graphene coat dynamic driver that has been developed and tuned exclusively for this brand product. In tuning, we focused on the head-related transfer function and optimized the frequency characteristics to give the listener a sense of reality. By combining a passive ceramic coat tweeter, which will be described later, it is possible to achieve natural reproduction with minimal distortion from low to high frequencies."

New graphene driver and new "RST" tweeter but still fixed cable.

I mean I actually think it will be a winner which is why I bought one.
"
When I first listened to it out of the box, I got the impression that it was bright and crisp and the vocals stood out in front. Overall, there is no turbidity or cloudiness, and there is clarity that gives a sense of transparency. I felt that the balance of the range is flat, but I feel that the pressure in the middle range is strong. The sound field also expands left and right.
The high register comes out just fine. About the scraping sound, it's barely stabbing. Depending on the song, si, su and tsu may be dangerous. Vocals come out firmly in front. Instruments are also playing well. The bass is not zushin, but it sounds crisp. In addition, although it has a good feeling, it feels a little like a dumpling, and the resolution may not be as good as a high-end model, but for 10,000 yen, it is sufficiently beautiful. In the future, I feel that there is a considerable possibility that it will change while it is ringing.
So, as I wrote in the environment at the beginning, I changed the eartips to nuarl Block Ear L size with a wide caliber, and I no longer care about the feeling of bass. It became a sharp and crisp low range. If you are concerned about the roundness of the low range, you may want to try changing the ear tips.
The evaluation is high 4, low 4 because there are only high and low sounds, but it is actually high 4, medium 5, low 4. Vocals are really easy to hear against the background of good highs and lows.
"
https://review.kakaku.com/review/J0000039447/

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Maestraudi...イバー-パッシブ型セラミックコートツイーターRST搭載イヤホン/dp/B0BD4VSRVC

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #804 of 1,037
Yeah, I have seen the reviews so far and all say high value for 10,000 yen. Of course I am not taking much into account someone who changes to Nualr Block Ear tips lol. I mean if you want an earphone to sound worse, than sure, install the Nuarl crap bass tips.

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #805 of 1,037
Yeah, I have seen the reviews so far and all say high value for 10,000 yen. Of course I am not taking much into account someone who changes to Nualr Block Ear tips lol. I mean if you want an earphone to sound worse, than sure, install the Nuarl crap bass tips.
Read the reviews on E-earphone, seems to be a bright iem with big stage and not a lot of bass. "Monitor-like" popped up a lot.

A graph would be nice...

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #806 of 1,037
Read the reviews on E-earphone, seems to be a bright iem with big stage and not a lot of bass. "Monitor-like" popped up a lot.

A graph would be nice...

More time and testing would be nice as well. Everyone in a rush to get up first or to help sell them. Most I read were posted by or on release day. More tip testing and the dynamic should be broken in enough so you know how much air it is gonna move and how much bass it will have. I'm am happy with monitor and big stage and I'd rather add bass than subtract as long as it is good clean monitor bass. :smiley:

Sep 18, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #807 of 1,037
Nope. Nuarl tips are good
1* on amazon jp. lol

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #809 of 1,037
I have that on radar when @jant71 post it on discovery thread last time.
But not as excited as now since i have received my sora.
I really satisfied with sora and have no major dislike about it, aside from fixed cable that everyone rant too.
A high resolution with better technicalities sora is what i want if possible with little bit lower bass quantity and cut just a little bit 100-300hz area, just slight since sora already good on this part tuning, a rarity on budget level that usually have very thick mid and upper bass.

@RikudouGoku at first i thought its your impression 🤣
And yeah graph will be nice

Actually i also searching for every intime IEMs, cant find much beside sora, sora light, sora 2

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #810 of 1,037
Nope. Nuarl tips are good
1* on amazon jp. lol
Not that they are horrible. Not among the best and I would not use them over a half dozen other types I have. Even on Nuarl earphones. They really made the bass on the N6 Pro 2 muddy and lose detail. Block Ear + are well made but only for some thin low bass earphone you might want to beef up. Just for Japan brands they are behind Sony, Radius, JVC, and Final for tip quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back