Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Aug 10, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #781 of 1,037
I have bought the limited edition Sora light gunmachan edition
I have this pair, too! Cute details and it has mic for videoconferencing purposes!
Anyone try Intime sho? How's different with sho dd?
I have both. Sho is basically the best-sounding IEM from Intime, no debate. Sho-DD succeeds SORA Ti3 as the best basshead piece from Intime.

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #783 of 1,037
@ixiv, Thanks you.
I ordered the sho on last month and just waiting carry to me 2-3 months from JP.
I read somewhere in this thread not to expect Intime KIRA's sound signature, and I can vouch for it.

In terms of treble response, KIRA is simply one of the best, not even Sho can match its clarity. However, Sho wins in basically everywhere else.

I can't compare with other IEMs of the same price range, since Sho is the most expensive blind buy I have ever made, but boy, I don't regret it. Handcrafted IEM with Pentaconn cable and jack??? 🥶🥶🥶

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #784 of 1,037
How about Miyabi's treble vs Kira's treble?

Agreed that Kira's treble is very addictive, though I didn't use Kira that much since the bass doesn't go well with most of my playlist. From reviews that I've read, Miyabi seems to have similar (or at lease close) treble response to Kira and if the bass is anywhere near Nagi then maybe Miyabi is what I'm after.

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #786 of 1,037
I read somewhere in this thread not to expect Intime KIRA's sound signature, and I can vouch for it.

In terms of treble response, KIRA is simply one of the best, not even Sho can match its clarity. However, Sho wins in basically everywhere else.

I can't compare with other IEMs of the same price range, since Sho is the most expensive blind buy I have ever made, but boy, I don't regret it. Handcrafted IEM with Pentaconn cable and jack??? 🥶🥶🥶

I don't yet own KIRA, but i will try later.
Current i have intime sho dd, dmwv and miyabi. I just listened the 2 of them only which're sho dd and dmwv.
they're same tuning on mid and hi, but different is low to have flatter frequency response on dmwv.
I delayed listen miyabi because I still struck on the first two pairs, can't move on 4 month ago.

I didn't regret on both of sho dd models for their tuning. i liked the most for bass tuning compared with chi-fi 200 usd

I think that the Pentaconn OFC cost is 40-50% of price. Using Ti housing and driver materials closely to Sora Ti3 v2, different on pentaconn set, internal wiring cable and turning. Yes, It's a bit expensive. but this is flagship Japanese iem which have price less than many Chi-Fi iems, so i have confident to blind buy intime sho.

Aug 11, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #787 of 1,037

Agreed that Kira's treble is very addictive, though I didn't use Kira that much since the bass doesn't go well with most of my playlist. From reviews that I've read, Miyabi seems to have similar (or at lease close) treble response to Kira and if the bass is anywhere near Nagi then maybe Miyabi is what I'm after.
I haven't had the opportunity to test Miyabi. Not Yo, Nagi, Miyabi ... I haven't touched the newer KIRA-like housing IEMs due to limited budget ☹️

Anyone familiar with pentaconn ear connector?
How many types are there?
As far as I know, Pentaconn is a unique connector. It is similar to MMCX but Pentaconn has this ... one sharp needle at the center of the female. They claim it eliminates the cons of MMCX.

Of course, alongside the male Pentaconn connector, they also manufacture jacks. So ... three of them, I guess? Female, male, and jack.

I don't yet own KIRA, but i will try later.
Current i have intime sho dd, dmwv and miyabi. I just listened the 2 of them only which're sho dd and dmwv.
they're same tuning on mid and hi, but different is low to have flatter frequency response on dmwv.
I delayed listen miyabi because I still struck on the first two pairs, can't move on 4 month ago.

I didn't regret on both of sho dd models for their tuning. i liked the most for bass tuning compared with chi-fi 200 usd

I think that the Pentaconn OFC cost is 40-50% of price. Using Ti housing and driver materials closely to Sora Ti3 v2, different on pentaconn set, internal wiring cable and turning. Yes, It's a bit expensive. but this is flagship Japanese iem which have price less than many Chi-Fi iems, so i have confident to blind buy intime sho.
Definitely agree on the Sho pricing. Pentaconn balanced jack, connectors, and strands consist of almost half the selling price. Not to mention the made-to-order process, alluring indeed!

And FYI, the Sho has longer dimension than all SORA models. Perhaps due to better drivers and acoustic room. It's not as noticeable as the weight of the cable.

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #788 of 1,037
Can anyone give a comparison of the sound signatures between the different models?
Thanks.

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #789 of 1,037

Kira vs Miyabi

Kira still wins on treble although Miyabi isn’t far behind. They’re evidently cut from the same cloth but Kira has better extension.

Both image well, but Miyabi does it better.

Mids and bass go to Miyabi; vocals and instrument timbre as well. Miyabi has more texture and detail in its bass although you won’t get massive amounts of visceral sub bass in either.

Tl;dr - Miyabi is the better all-rounder of the two. But Kira treble is addictive, yes, and for that reason I will never give up my Kira even with Miyabi in the house.

Aug 23, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #790 of 1,037
F9966C0D-1F2E-4D50-A1E1-CDD616E49A4D.jpeg

Just got these in yesterday.

Initial impressions are that it’s a pretty likeable set. Overall tonality is U-shaped, but whereas I find my RS1s to be U-shaped but focused, maybe even analytical, Sora 2 is U-shaped but lush, smooth, full-sounding. I like my vocals and these seem to deliver for the most part. Natural, organic, quite detailed, but maybe I’d like a tad more crispness and body, especially for male vocals. Treble is well-extended but not in any way intense or unforgiving. Cymbal definition is especially impressive, a step above the RS1 even.
Comfort is excellent as with most bullet-shaped IEMs. Not a massive fan of the cable as it constantly wants to work itself into a coil. Box contents and presentation is barebones but I don’t care since the box will end up in recycling.

Impressions above were given with stock tips. Having switched over to my favourite Azla SednaEarfit Standards, the overall sound is still lush and musical but I think they bring the mids a slight bit forward such that vocals are tighter.

Aug 23, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #792 of 1,037
F9966C0D-1F2E-4D50-A1E1-CDD616E49A4D.jpeg
Just got these in yesterday.

Initial impressions are that it’s a pretty likeable set. Overall tonality is U-shaped, but whereas I find my RS1s to be U-shaped but focused, maybe even analytical, Sora 2 is U-shaped but lush, smooth, full-sounding. I like my vocals and these seem to deliver for the most part. Natural, organic, quite detailed, but maybe I’d like a tad more crispness and body, especially for male vocals. Treble is well-extended but not in any way intense or unforgiving. Cymbal definition is especially impressive, a step above the RS1 even.
Comfort is excellent as with most bullet-shaped IEMs. Not a massive fan of the cable as it constantly wants to work itself into a coil. Box contents and presentation is barebones but I don’t care since the box will end up in recycling.

Impressions above were given with stock tips. Having switched over to my favourite Azla SednaEarfit Standards, the overall sound is still lush and musical but I think they bring the mids a slight bit forward such that vocals are tighter.
I really like how it sound on my V60, more than Nagi and Kira if I paired them with V60. And tough I agree with the cable coiling, with daily abuse from me stuffing it into my pouch/pocket, it still delivers day after day.

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #793 of 1,037
received_789632449127805.jpeg

Have someone tried Intime's iReep 01 ear tips? Mine's arriving tomorrow. I'm looking for some opinions to compare 😁

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #795 of 1,037
received_789632449127805.jpeg

Have someone tried Intime's iReep 01 ear tips? Mine's arriving tomorrow. I'm looking for some opinions to compare 😁

Tried this with SHO, compared with SpinFit CP145 (or ... whatever model came with Intime KIRA or GO).

Low frequencies are drastically recessed, in return to better clarity and soundstage.

Fitting is surprisingly snug and secure to ears.

Build quality is questionable. I plugged and unplugged the ear tips several times on and off SHO, and one of them ripped. Gonna have to file a complaint to Intime.

Just like I thought, no ear tip is better than Nanamaru Shikifukujin, but they are discontinued, and I lost a piece due to how slippery they are to the IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back