Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #736 of 1,037
That's normal for anything brass or copper. They oxidize even faster when in constant contact with skin. You can coat seal it but since it's always handled and is mostly in contact with skin then any layer of coat/sealant will just wear off. Buff's off with brass cleaning wax solution to get it back to normal just be careful not to get wax in the chamber. What I do to upkeep brass and copper, since I like natural patina, is buff it to a smooth mirror like finish. For upkeep and cleaning I just use damp microfiber cloth It will patina but will keep it's shine. Don't let oxidation build up.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #737 of 1,037
That's normal for anything brass or copper. They oxidize even faster when in constant contact with skin. You can coat seal it but since it's always handled and is mostly in contact with skin then any layer of coat/sealant will just wear off. Buff's off with brass cleaning wax solution to get it back to normal just be careful not to get wax in the chamber. What I do to upkeep brass and copper, since I like natural patina, is buff it to a smooth mirror like finish. For upkeep and cleaning I just use damp microfiber cloth It will patina but will keep it's shine. Don't let oxidation build up.
Thanks for the tips. Since most of the horn section instruments uses brass, I always believe that there's a way to minimize the oxidation effect as those horn section couldn't afford degradation in sound quality as well!

Mar 16, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #738 of 1,037
Thanks for the tips. Since most of the horn section instruments uses brass, I always believe that there's a way to minimize the oxidation effect as those horn section couldn't afford degradation in sound quality as well!
Yes, brass horn instruments could either be lacquered/sealed or unlacquered/bare. Unlacquered for those who likes their brass tp patina yet still keep it's shine with upkeep.

Mar 17, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #740 of 1,037
But will it be safe to use? Don't really like the idea of rust inside my ear.
Yes it's safe. Brass can be used utensils that you eat with. Brass does not rust this is why they are used as musical instruments, horns mainly. It oxidizes (non-destructive) but not corrode or rust (destructive) like iron rich metals.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #742 of 1,037
Nagi use silverish brass. That one got black spots only but the sound already degraded. :sweat:
Do you mean that your Nagi has degraded in sound? In what way?

I mainly use Yo nowadays, only uses Nagi to compare when I'm experimenting with CFW and region change on my WM1A but it was more to find the best synergy for Yo so normal listening will be using Yo. Didn't notice any sound degradation on my Nagi during that short span.

Mar 17, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #743 of 1,037
Do you mean that your Nagi has degraded in sound? In what way?

I mainly use Yo nowadays, only uses Nagi to compare when I'm experimenting with CFW and region change on my WM1A but it was more to find the best synergy for Yo so normal listening will be using Yo. Didn't notice any sound degradation on my Nagi during that short span.Reply
Background details etc2. I think the techs also took a hit.
If you don't have any issues like mine than you should be fine.

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #747 of 1,037
So I guess the Go was not bassy enough then.

The Sho DD to me has much improved bass (quantity and quality) over the Go. The Go was one of my favorites back in the days which caused me to sell my first gen Campfire Audio Vega.

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #748 of 1,037
The Sho DD to me has much improved bass (quantity and quality) over the Go. The Go was one of my favorites back in the days which caused me to sell my first gen Campfire Audio Vega.
I have both Kira and Go, but favor the Kira. I always keep thinking about getting the Sho DD but keep putting it off, maybe someday I will.

Apr 14, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #749 of 1,037
I have both Kira and Go, but favor the Kira. I always keep thinking about getting the Sho DD but keep putting it off, maybe someday I will.
16499289327578662886963289365734.jpg

I have the Halloween version of Sho DD, and definitely enjoy the great sub bass and it's warm signature without losing details.
Haven't tried Go though though I have the Kira.
I have the Miyabi coming soon too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back