Internet Streamer w/ Best iDevice App?
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
So I'm looking for a device that will allow me to stream internet radio and control it with an iDevice (iPhone 5 and later an iPad). 

There are tons of devices that do a lot of stuff I don't need, but I'm only considering internet radio (mainly to listen to BBC Radio at home). My main concern is how well the partnered iPhone app works. If it crappy, buggy, and slow I don't want it. 

So far I'm considering...the Cambridge NP30, Sonos Connect system, Squeezebox Touch (haven't heard great things about their app), Pioneer N-50, and any other suggestions you have, really.

EDIT: Can't remember is Apple TV does internet radio as well...

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 2
I've listening to a bunch of these things but unfortunately I didn't focus on internet radio all that much. I will say that I didn't love the Pioneer app for the N50 - weird use of space on the big iPad screen, making it waste a lot of room. The Touch has multiple 3rd party apps that work well, but I don't know if they do radio or not. You could certainly find screeshots and probably see for yourself - the apps are SqueezePad and iPeng. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back