Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #3,856 of 3,957
That is a surprising event. It is literally unzip the rar file on your laptop and drop it into the root directory of the DAP and restart. None of the chaps in SG have had that issue. I myself have 3 P6Pros, 3 LP6s. All FW updates have been uneventful thus far.

Anyway, the upgrade in SQ has been pretty remarkable. :)
I agree its not a usual event. This was my first issue having owned a p6pro for around 2 years. I have to give good merits to LP for handling it professionaly and quickly.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #3,857 of 3,957
Let's talk about the L&P W4 and its setup with various cables and devices .w4 is
my favorite dongle recently. I chose the W4 for two reasons. The first reason is its various tuining modes. With its two sound modes, plus five filters, along with several popular iem DSP tunings, the combination of sound adjustments it can produce is quite numerous.

The second reason is that the W4 probably has the best transparency among dongles, faithfully reflecting the sound features of USB cables.

Using just the basic cable, the sound of the W4 is somewhat rough and dull; Among the budget HiFi USB cables, I recommend the QLS's L03, L&P WY1, and DDHiFi's TC07.

The QLS L03 cable has a slightly warmth sound, is loose and pleasant to listen to, with a richness to the vocals. The DDHiFi TC07, on the other hand, has a smooth style for the mid and treble, while the bass is sufficiently bouncy, making the vocals clear and beautiful. These two cables provide a stable connection,though the soundstage positioning and imaging have some slight blurriness.

The WY1, being a separately powered Y-cable, has a specific sound style, which I will detail further in combination with other setups.

Attachments

• mmexport1711423798161.jpg
    mmexport1711423798161.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • wx_camera_1686385743905_edit_15747726322012.jpg
    wx_camera_1686385743905_edit_15747726322012.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240326_114913.jpg
    IMG_20240326_114913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #3,858 of 3,957
part 2

Moving on to the high-end cables, I recommend the L&P WP2. With the WP2, the blurriness of the low-end cables is swept away. What is precious is that it is able to integrate details within a natural and expansive soundstage, creating a realism of vocals and instruments live on stage. It is neither the warmth of copper cable nor the slickness of silver cable sound, but a neutral in-between, delicate and natural, with a transparent sound signature, providing the W4 with a very pleasant treble timbre. Therefore, the WP2 has been permanently paired with the W4.

With the wp2 paired with the w4, the sound is as follows:
The default mode of the w4 itself is fast filtering + tune2. Paired with the wp2, the overall sound structure is very exquisite, with punchy bass, and the mid-highs sound very smooth. Another feature is a very wide and three-dimensional soundstage.

Another mode I like is ll fast + tune1. Paired with the wp2, it is a full-bodied sound, bringing vocals closer and increasing the reverb in the bass area but sacrificing a bit of clarity. In terms of the sound field, the soundstage becomes more focused, and the depth is extended. It's more suitable for vocals and live performances.

I originally thought that the wp2 combined with the w4 had already a best match among others, allowing me to listen to music comfortably for several years.Then, soundaware released the pa1, and L&P released their own "advanced plan" for the dongle and USB DACs,the wy1 cable.

Attachments

• mmexport1710204309807.jpg
    mmexport1710204309807.jpg
    657.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #3,859 of 3,957
Part3

The pa1 is a USB interface for mobile devices, designed to filter and reduce noise for USB signals and USB power supply. However, I was initially disappointed because the pa1 could not power on the digital source hiby digital m300. Although my phone could power on the pa1, it sounded more muffled than directly from the m300, so I set the pa1 aside.

It was not until L&P released the wy1 that, luckly , the pa1 was given new life on the m300.

After getting the wy1, I eagerly connected it to the hiby m300 and a power bank. With the support of independent power supply, the sound of the w4 became more dynamic, greatly extending both tre and bass and further enhancing what I thought was already a large soundstage. I also noticed that the wy1 itself is a very neutral, high-resolution sound. superior to qls and dd in quality, but lacking the natural smoothness of the wp2.

The significant improvement of the w4 with enhancements in dynamics, density, soundstage, and bass, truly indulging my ears. Of course, I still miss the natural and smooth sound of the wp2.

How to combine the grand, dynamic sound of the wy1 with the natural tone of the wp2, I thought of the soundaware pa1. I decide to tryout the pa1. I plugged the
Pa1 into the wy1, then connected the other end to the wp2, and anxiously connected the power bank:it just works!

At that moment, I realized that the so-called incompatibility of the pa1 with the m300 might be because the otg USB port of the m300 couldn't drive the pa1.

When the wy1+pa1+wp2+w4 are combined, the sound of this setup is incredible, instruments and vocalist surrounded me seems like true to life. It changes the stereotype of me on dongle sound.

Currently, I am extremely satisfied with this setup.

Attachments

• 1710465150104.jpg
    1710465150104.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #3,860 of 3,957
That is a surprising event. It is literally unzip the rar file on your laptop and drop it into the root directory of the DAP and restart. None of the chaps in SG have had that issue. I myself have 3 P6Pros, 3 LP6s. All FW updates have been uneventful thus far.

Anyway, the upgrade in SQ has been pretty remarkable. :)
On my MAC the root folder is MUSIC, is that right?

I would like to update my P6 Ti. :p

BTW thanks for the huge contribution you have been giving in this thread. :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #3,863 of 3,957
On my MAC the root folder is MUSIC, is that right?

I would like to update my P6 Ti. :p

BTW thanks for the huge contribution you have been giving in this thread. :)
Yes, that is the root directory.

You are too kind. We're all in this journey together. :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #3,866 of 3,957
Thanks to Kiats' generous assistance I've upgraded the firmware in my P6 Pro successfully.

There's a definite uptick in resolution, and the soundstage may be even larger than before. What's incredible is just how large instruments are portrayed coming from such a tiny device - listening straight out of the headphone jack the P6 Pro sells the illusion that an external amp is connected, such is the sense of fullness & control.

The only issue is using the DAP for review purposes makes every IEM (even those under $100) sound terrific, and it's easy during A/B tests to get lost in the music.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #3,867 of 3,957
Yes, that is the root directory.

You are too kind. We're all in this journey together. :)
Thanks mate it worked for me here... :)

Will finally put it for some duty this holidays.

Thanks to Kiats' generous assistance I've upgraded the firmware in my P6 Pro successfully.

There's a definite uptick in resolution, and the soundstage may be even larger than before. What's incredible is just how large instruments are portrayed coming from such a tiny device - listening straight out of the headphone jack the P6 Pro sells the illusion that an external amp is connected, such is the sense of fullness & control.

The only issue is using the DAP for review purposes makes every IEM (even those under $100) sound terrific, and it's easy during A/B tests to get lost in the music.
yeah, P6 Pro was love at first listen to me. SP3k sounded so "desert dry" after P6...then that was quickly sold. Then N30LE came in...beautiful DAP, best android DAP on the market today. But P6 Ti was on the back of my heart asking for attention... :)

P6 Ti here and it sounds superb. Pricy though.

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #3,868 of 3,957

Glad you're enjoying the new FW! Heheh! I used to joke that I should never review any IEM on a LP DAP cos everything sounds good off it. 😆

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #3,869 of 3,957
Thanks mate it worked for me here... :)

Will finally put it for some duty this holidays.

yeah, P6 Pro was love at first listen to me. SP3k sounded so "desert dry" after P6...then that was quickly sold. Then N30LE came in...beautiful DAP, best android DAP on the market today. But P6 Ti was on the back of my heart asking for attention... :)

P6 Ti here and it sounds superb. Pricy though.
Glad it worked nicely!

Yeah... i know what you mean. I cleared out my AK DAPs after a while. 🤭

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #3,870 of 3,957

I agree!

I also updated the firmware...tho I had some issues 😂 like getting the player back into English!

Anyway, yeah, P6Pro, the best of the best for its size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back