Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Nov 25, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #3,631 of 4,030
Starting the Sunday morning with some LP goodness. :)

IMG_0877.jpeg

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #3,632 of 4,030
I just received it yesterday from musictek. Everything feels great, the titanium case is solidly finished and feels great in the hand. In my opinion, this is an improvement over the original p6p. The most notable improvement is the output power: more power, improved background - darker. I hear the deep sound is improved better in this version. The positions and details of musical instruments become more vivid and 3D. This is similar to what LP promised: Dynamic Range has been upgraded. But I wish it would be better if its details were better than the old version. AK SP3K With a lower price comes a higher level of detail and a more refined quality of detail. It's clear that we're paying a premium price for this limited edition . And it will only be really suitable if your need is an extremely compact music player that can be carried anywhere. Otherwise, the SP3000 is the best music player I've ever ownedView attachment IMG_1334.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #3,633 of 4,030
I just received it yesterday from musictek. Everything feels great, the titanium case is solidly finished and feels great in the hand. In my opinion, this is an improvement over the original p6p. The most notable improvement is the output power: more power, improved background - darker. I hear the deep sound is improved better in this version. The positions and details of musical instruments become more vivid and 3D. This is similar to what LP promised: Dynamic Range has been upgraded. But I wish it would be better if its details were better than the old version. AK SP3K With a lower price comes a higher level of detail and a more refined quality of detail. It's clear that we're paying a premium price for this limited edition . And it will only be really suitable if your need is an extremely compact music player that can be carried anywhere. Otherwise, the SP3000 is the best music player I've ever owned
Well, I think it is given that there'd be a premium for a limited edition like this. :) Yeah... the use case of the P6Pro form is portability. As for the comparison with a DS DAC based DAP like the SP3K, well, it is a comparison between a DS and R2R DAC in terms of musical presentation. I have both and enjoy both. Both enjoyable but different. :)

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #3,634 of 4,030
Well, I think it is given that there'd be a premium for a limited edition like this. :) Yeah... the use case of the P6Pro form is portability. As for the comparison with a DS DAC based DAP like the SP3K, well, it is a comparison between a DS and R2R DAC in terms of musical presentation. I have both and enjoy both. Both enjoyable but different. :)
I see you have both P6ProTi99 and P6Pro. Could you compare?

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #3,635 of 4,030
I see you have both P6ProTi99 and P6Pro. Could you compare?
Will assume it’s the normal black P6P. Well, the P6Pro black was tuned for the international market and hence is more versatile for most genres.

Whereas the P6Pro is tuned for ACG. Hence, more dynamic whilst having deep bass impact, nuanced vocals and smooth trebles. It also has to remembered that P6Pro Ti is a few years later and so benefited from the development work for the LP6Ti AE (as well as the E7 and LP7). I listen primarily to Chinese ACG, jazz vocals and acoustic.

I enjoy both. Though I will say that the P6Pro Ti is excellent for my QQ Music and KKBox playlist. YMMV of course. :)

Nov 30, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #3,636 of 4,030
I just received it yesterday from musictek. Everything feels great, the titanium case is solidly finished and feels great in the hand. In my opinion, this is an improvement over the original p6p. The most notable improvement is the output power: more power, improved background - darker. I hear the deep sound is improved better in this version. The positions and details of musical instruments become more vivid and 3D. This is similar to what LP promised: Dynamic Range has been upgraded. But I wish it would be better if its details were better than the old version. AK SP3K With a lower price comes a higher level of detail and a more refined quality of detail. It's clear that we're paying a premium price for this limited edition . And it will only be really suitable if your need is an extremely compact music player that can be carried anywhere. Otherwise, the SP3000 is the best music player I've ever owned

As for me it refined and opened up noticeably after about 200 hours of play. Try to run 24bit files into player, you will be surprised how vivid and realistic it sounds. As for details this is a real deal, nothing synthetic. Zero complain for me.

Question from me is that I thought I heard someone saying the screen protector is already factory installed, did I hear it right? It does appear it's already installed but I have another one in the box so confused. Is that a spare?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #3,637 of 4,030
As for me it refined and opened up noticeably after about 200 hours of play. Try to run 24bit files into player, you will be surprised how vivid and realistic it sounds. As for details this is a real deal, nothing synthetic. Zero complain for me.

Question from me is that I thought I heard someone saying the screen protector is already factory installed, did I hear it right? It does appear it's already installed but I have another one in the box so confused. Is that a spare?
Yeah.. Wan likes to say why do you need DSD etc when PCM can sound so good.

Yes, it is a spare. That's from Wan as well. :)

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #3,639 of 4,030
Cool, tks for the info.
The funny thing is when I had asked Wan about whether there was a factory applied screen protector, his response was yet and he hoped we would not complain that it was not well done. Heheh! Obviously, it was pretty well done if some of us had to reach out to ask about it. :)

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #3,641 of 4,030
Had a small question regarding the DAPs, do any of them feature graphic or parametric equalizers? I can see there's an Equalizer option on one of the past thread images but I couldn't find any more details about what exactly is inside the Equalizer option.

Dec 3, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #3,642 of 4,030
Had a small question regarding the DAPs, do any of them feature graphic or parametric equalizers? I can see there's an Equalizer option on one of the past thread images but I couldn't find any more details about what exactly is inside the Equalizer option.
LP6 will have the custom EQ but no PMEQ. P6 Pro has only preset EQ per genre. Basically the player is to play the audio files with the volume control.

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #3,643 of 4,030
Every time I plug in a jack (4.4 for me), or even if I switch on the DAP with an earphone already plugged in, the question -?- pops up: it seems illogical.
Can we do without it and cancel this request for good?
Thank you for help.
IMG_0561.jpeg

Dec 6, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #3,644 of 4,030
Every time I plug in a jack (4.4 for me), or even if I switch on the DAP with an earphone already plugged in, the question -?- pops up: it seems illogical.
Can we do without it and cancel this request for good?
Thank you for help.
IMG_0561.jpeg
Likely you have audio output as line out.
If you have it as phone out, this warning should not appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back