Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #3,451 of 4,030
Interesting. Quick question: who did you email at LP? I cannot say I recall the Storm being discussed on the LP 199 WeChat group. Just curious. Thanks! :)
I emailed to see if there was any way to mod the LP6 ti in order to cater to Storm. In the meanwhile I tested the DX320Max and preferred its portrayal with Storm so I ended up selling the LP6 and not modding it.

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #3,452 of 4,030
I emailed to see if there was any way to mod the LP6 ti in order to cater to Storm. In the meanwhile I tested the DX320Max and preferred its portrayal with Storm so I ended up selling the LP6 and not modding it.
Who in LP? customer service, I assume?

So the question you asked was to whether you could mod the LP6. Not so much that Customer Service actually provided an opinion that the pairing was not ideal?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #3,453 of 4,030
It’s a fact that It doesn’t run Storm ideally , and it was confirmed by the LP team

But in your next post, you stated that you emailed LP customer service to ask if it was possible to mod the LP6? and they purportedly said no. Just a bit puzzled how that leads to your conclusion above, that this was confirmed by the LP customer service team when it was not really the question asked of them. :)

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #3,455 of 4,030
But in your next post, you stated that you emailed LP customer service to ask if it was possible to mod the LP6? and they purportedly said no. Just a bit puzzled how that leads to your conclusion above, that this was confirmed by the LP customer service team when it was not really the question asked of them. :)
Who in LP? customer service, I assume?

So the question you asked was to whether you could mod the LP6. Not so much that Customer Service actually provided an opinion that the pairing was not ideal?
There is a post from them or a description of LP6 (I can’t remember which and I have no time to look for it) where LP team specified the issues that can arise with low sensitivity IEMs.

My direct correspondence with them was to try and see if there was a solution in order to enjoy Storm at any level , but as I said I ended up settling for a different dap before the discussion could be explored further.

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #3,457 of 4,030
There is a post from them or a description of LP6 (I can’t remember which and I have no time to look for it) where LP team specified the issues that can arise with low sensitivity IEMs.

My direct correspondence with them was to try and see if there was a solution in order to enjoy Storm at any level , but as I said I ended up settling for a different dap before the discussion could be explored further.

Right. So you think you remember that there was some post somewhere. I see…

Yes, that is clear now. I just was curious because you had made pretty broad assertions in respect of your correspondence with the LP customer service team: that they would feel qualified to opine on technical matters.

Anyway, it is good you found something that will drive your Storm to your satisfaction. As I am glad @Damz87 is pretty happy driving his Storm off the LP6 Ti AE. :)

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #3,458 of 4,030
Here are the specs of the P6 Pro Hong Kong edition, compared to the Ti99. Similar values, when it comes to measurements. I’m sure they sound different, of course…I will report back once I get a chance to test them both.

Here’s the HK edition:
829439566f1e2351453db4ea65cd0a6.png

And here are the specs for the ti99:

a649bf90389cee66606bb98a1ad383b.jpeg
730fd2d54e66092a9382e732c0d608b.jpeg

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #3,459 of 4,030
Right. So you think you remember that there was some post somewhere. I see…

Yes, that is clear now. I just was curious because you had made pretty broad assertions in respect of your correspondence with the LP customer service team: that they would feel qualified to opine on technical matters.

Anyway, it is good you found something that will drive your Storm to your satisfaction. As I am glad @Damz87 is pretty happy driving his Storm off the LP6 Ti AE. :)
Maybe @twister6 remembers the post about LP6 sensitivity…I saw it when I was in the market for the Ti version and can’t remember if it was on the forum or their website.

I’d love to try the 7AE version one day, and see if the opamp changes lead to better amplification.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #3,460 of 4,030
In my opinion, we should use headphones at low volume. I usually listen at 15-20 volume on the p6 pro and in low gain mode. Listening in lowgain mode will avoid sound distortion, while giving you a more accurate, flexible, and balanced listening feeling. When you use highgain (in some devices - I'm not talking about the p6pro...) I seem to see that the size of the notes seems to swell, the mid bass and low treble are more visible. This creates interesting first impressions, but there will be times when you will feel bored because it is really inaccurate and unbalanced.
As for electrostatic iem, I feel like there will be little compatibility with the LP. LP designs the output power to suit single dynamic driver iem or simple BA drivers iem
. In my past experience with electrostatic iem, I was most impressed with the combination with AK sp3000, hugo2, C9 amplifier. I think it's due to the amplifier structure.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #3,461 of 4,030
Maybe @twister6 remembers the post about LP6 sensitivity…I saw it when I was in the market for the Ti version and can’t remember if it was on the forum or their website.

I’d love to try the 7AE version one day, and see if the opamp changes lead to better amplification.

All I can chalk it up to is being the difference between Ti and 7AE, because this pairing sounds amazing and I can’t imagine anyone feeling Storm sounds underpowered when listening to this. I know what Storm sounds like underpowered and this is nothing like it. Dynamics are powerful and explosive, transients are crisp, the soundstage sounds deep and expansive, the imaging is well separated, and the end-to-end extension is excellent. All the hallmarks of being driven sufficiently.

FWIW I listen at ~78dB and I’m very OCD about my listening levels because I don’t want to go deaf lol, so I measure the SPL before any long listening sessions. Perhaps if you listen louder then it could still be an issue with 7AE but like I said before, you’d need to be listening around 90dB for it to start clipping which is pretty damn loud. Maybe the clipping SPL threshold is lower on the regular LP6 Ti 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2969.jpeg

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #3,462 of 4,030
I
P6Pro Ti99 doesn't support more then 1 TB microSD? At least that's what written on the tech specs
No streaming I assume?
And still the old UI with no search features?
I think it is no problem, because the UI cannot handle much large library.

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #3,463 of 4,030
All I can chalk it up to is being the difference between Ti and 7AE, because this pairing sounds amazing and I can’t imagine anyone feeling Storm sounds underpowered when listening to this. I know what Storm sounds like underpowered and this is nothing like it. Dynamics are powerful and explosive, transients are crisp, the soundstage sounds deep and expansive, the imaging is well separated, and the end-to-end extension is excellent. All the hallmarks of being driven sufficiently.

FWIW I listen at ~78dB and I’m very OCD about my listening levels because I don’t want to go deaf lol, so I measure the SPL before any long listening sessions. Perhaps if you listen louder then it could still be an issue with 7AE but like I said before, you’d need to be listening around 90dB for it to start clipping which is pretty damn loud. Maybe the clipping SPL threshold is lower on the regular LP6 Ti 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2969.jpeg

As I mentioned, I’d love to try the 7AE one day. I loved my Ti version.
My listening habits lead me to reach higher levels than usual, mostly to check audio mixes for work and for the occasional moment of excitement, so this behavior got in the way of both productivity and enjoyment for me.
I do miss the tone, but I am happy to be able to hear / check the P6Pro HK edition and Ti99 and hopefully get some of that back.

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #3,465 of 4,030
I ran both my LP6 and P6 Pro with a 1TB card and never had a slowdown due to card size. Something else must be wrong , in my opinion. Maybe it’s time to reinstall the system?
My intend to manage, the UI is not compatible for larger like 1T card.
It will take more time to search for the proper one.
It is not about a device that can handle the card; it is how you use the content. Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back