Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 4, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #3,286 of 3,978
P6/P6 Pro are like the Wilson, technically remarkable but bloody boring. They have no stand-out characteristic.
Well, i beg to differ. The stand out characteristic is the clean, non-digital sounding playback from a small digital player. It reminds me of listening to cassettes on a 1980s sony Walkman.

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #3,287 of 3,978
That's the first review I've read that criticized the SQ! I'm used to all the other critiques cuz I have em myself! Still, I must be one of those looking for laid back sound and very good details as you'd have to pry my P6Pro from my cold, dead hands!

My impression takes into consideration other newer and cheaper daps: Z1M2, N8ii, SP3k,RS8, M9+ and DX320max.

If I heard P6 Pro when it was released or even 1.5 years ago, I would be very impressed by it. Since then, there have been influx of excellent totl daps.

It’s still a very good DAP but it is no longer an easy recommendation. It sits on relatively niche market at the moment.

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #3,288 of 3,978
Good day!
Can I use fast charging for P6 Pro? Are there any restrictions?
Thank you!

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #3,289 of 3,978
Good day!
Thank you!
I don't think it will matter, but you can try?

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3,290 of 3,978
Good day!
Thank you!
The P6 pro does NOT have fast charging, if you use a fast charger it will still be able to charge the P6 Pro but only at normal speeds.

The P6 Pro does not have an SOC that supports any fast charging standards.

Jun 20, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #3,291 of 3,978
honestly, cannect your phone via usb with p6p is actually portable

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #3,293 of 3,978
I was lucky last on the P6 Pro tour, here are my impressions.

Build and Aesthetics: I’d describe the B&A of P6 Pro as nice but not spectacular. It’s clean and understated looking and I like the vertical bar that protects the volume wheel. But I think the fake wood back lets it down though, I thought that looked a bit cheap and it felt hollow and plastic-y, but that's probably quite subjective, I know others have liked that.

UI: Let’s be honest, you’re not buying this for the UI. I still have an old Red Wine Audio modified iPod (who remembers those!). Every now and then I get nostalgic and charge it up. The UX on the P6 Pro is basically one level up from the iPod with the addition of a touch screen. But compared to modern DAPs it is archaic, clunky and not fun to use. And there are more quirks that others have touched on.

That said, it gets the job done and there's something kinda a cool about its unashamed sound quality over eveything approach.

Sound Quality: With that UI, it would want to sound good… and it sounds very good. My daily driver is a Mojo 2. I’m almost exclusively a streamer, so at first I used an iphone into the P6 Pro and hooked it up to my Schiit Sys with the Mojo on the other side. They sounded identical. I couldn’t believe it. I switched the streaming devices around and the result was the same. I didn’t believe it. I did some checking and went back to @GoldenOne's review and sure enough, in the comments on YouTube he says the USB input is inferior (his review is excellent by the way, check it out if you haven't).

So I dug out a spare SD Card and loaded some music on. Okay, now I get it. I hooked it back up to the Sys with the Mojo. They still sound similar, in terms of tonal balance they are almost identical, classic R2R: slightly warm and smooth. But with the P6 Pro there is a noticeable improvement in resolution, particularly depth/3D resolution. If you like that type of sound, it is a spectacular listen.

Is it worth the huge price difference over the Mojo 2 factoring in expected diminishing returns? That’s a harder question to answer. The Hugo 2 would probably be a fairer comparison. You do get the advantage of a single box solution, so if price is no object, you don’t use streaming apps and you you don’t mind an archaic UX, then maybe it makes sense.

Thanks to L&P for the opportunity and as always thanks to @Damz87 for organising.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #3,294 of 3,978
I was luck last on the P6 Pro tour, here are my impressions.

Build and Aesthetics: I’d describe the B&A of P6 Pro as nice but not spectacular. It’s clean and understated looking and I like the vertical bar that protects the volume wheel. But I think the fake wood back lets it down though, I thought that looked a bit cheap and it felt hollow and plastic-y, but that's probably quite subjective, I know others have liked that.

UI: Let’s be honest, you’re not buying this for the UI. I still have an old Red Wine Audio modified iPod (who remembers those!). Every now and then I get nostalgic and charge it up. The UX on the P6 Pro is basically one level up from the iPod with the addition of a touch screen. But compared to modern DAPs it is archaic, clunky and not fun to use. And there are more quirks that others have touched on.

That said, it gets the job done and there's something kinda a cool about its unashamed sound quality over eveything approach.

Sound Quality: With that UI, it would want to sound good… and it sounds very good. My daily driver is a Mojo 2. I’m almost exclusively a streamer, so at first I used an iphone into the P6 Pro and hooked it up to my Schiit Sys with the Mojo on the other side. They sounded identical. I couldn’t believe it. I switched the streaming devices around and the result was the same. I didn’t believe it. I did some checking and went back to @GoldenOne's review and sure enough, in the comments on YouTube he says the USB input is inferior (his review is excellent by the way, check it out if you haven't).

So I dug out a spare SD Card and loaded some music on. Okay, now I get it. I hooked it back up to the Sys with the Mojo. They still sound similar, in terms of tonal balance they are almost identical, classic R2R: slightly warm and smooth. But with the P6 Pro there is a noticeable improvement in resolution, particularly depth/3D resolution. If you like that type of sound, it is a spectacular listen.

Is it worth the huge price difference over the Mojo 2 factoring in expected diminishing returns? That’s a harder question to answer. The Hugo 2 would probably be a fairer comparison. You do get the advantage of a single box solution, so if price is no object, you don’t use streaming apps and you you don’t mind an archaic UX, then maybe it makes sense.

Thanks to L&P for the opportunity and as always thanks to @Damz87 for organising.
Its funny how much our individual tastes differ. I have owned over 30 DAPs and for me the P6 Pro is by far the most attractive DAP aesthetically. Simple, elegant, artful and telling you right from the start that this DAP is about the music. In my favorite genre string quartet music I have heard nothing better up to and including the Chord Dave.

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #3,295 of 3,978
Its funny how much our individual tastes differ. I have owned over 30 DAPs and for me the P6 Pro is by far the most attractive DAP aesthetically. Simple, elegant, artful and telling you right from the start that this DAP is about the music. In my favorite genre string quartet music I have heard nothing better up to and including the Chord Dave.
And the lightest as well!

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #3,296 of 3,978
And the lightest as well!
This little fact goes by so easily but it's beyond true. P6Pro must be the lightest smallest TOTL DAP out there.

Jul 8, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #3,298 of 3,978
Did anyone know if the L&P E7 is out? I thought it is supposed out by May but haven't seen any reviews on it at all
Nope, not released yet, still waiting. No new news that I've heard.

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #3,299 of 3,978
Did anyone know if the L&P E7 is out? I thought it is supposed out by May but haven't seen any reviews on it at all
Last I heard recently, it has gone into production at last. Fingers crossed that we see it soon. :)

Jul 10, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #3,300 of 3,978
This little fact goes by so easily but it's beyond true. P6Pro must be the lightest smallest TOTL DAP out there.
Also, this little mentioned upside, there's no faster device from pushing the on button to listening to music. The boot to music play time is shorter than any other DAP I've used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back