Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,599 of 3,991
A question for p6pro owners...

How does p6pro preform with high volume ?
I listen with iems (Thummim) incredibly loudly for most people's standards.
On dx312 I usually am anywhere between 75/100 to 85/100 on high gain.
When I read the data sheet the dx300 has more Vrms with its 4.4 port then p6pro , should I be worried that p6pro might not reach my satisfactory level?

Also I have read a few comments concerning distortion cracking with high volume (or amp clipping) ? Is this an actual issue?
Thnx

Apr 27, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #2,600 of 3,991
A question for p6pro owners...

How does p6pro preform with high volume ?
I listen with iems (Thummim) incredibly loudly for most people's standards.
On dx312 I usually am anywhere between 75/100 to 85/100 on high gain.
When I read the data sheet the dx300 has more Vrms with its 4.4 port then p6pro , should I be worried that p6pro might not reach my satisfactory level?

Also I have read a few comments concerning distortion cracking with high volume (or amp clipping) ? Is this an actual issue?
Thnx
Not to be condescending, but perhaps you should make an appointment with a a doctor to get your hearing checked. On high gain and out of balanced I'm currently hovering around 30-40 max anymore is much to loud. Keep in mind I listen to various types of music from black metal, piano pieces, and jazz. Varying my volume by genre and mood. If you're actually listening at that volume then you have a faulty unit or you should probably be concerned for your hearing health

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #2,601 of 3,991
Not to be condescending, but perhaps you should make an appointment with a a doctor to get your hearing checked. On high gain and out of balanced I'm currently hovering around 30-40 max anymore is much to loud. Keep in mind I listen to various types of music from black metal, piano pieces, and jazz. Varying my volume by genre and mood. If you're actually listening at that volume then you have a faulty unit or you should probably be concerned for your hearing health
Thank you for the well intentioned advice :)
I get told that often.
But my hearing is perfectly fine.
I dont know if this is so, but I think that it might be because I used earbuds as a 6yr old from my gameboy to listen to my walkman (some offbrand /not sony) very loudly, hence I might have adapted to very loud exposure. Later on I played drums in metal bands , attended concerts almost always in first rows etc.
I never get ringing even after hours long listening sessions, and I also am very resilient to that ear drum reflex contraction you get when a peak thats too loud occurs.

When I listen to my gear I strive for that real life-like sonic impact , especially of the drums. To hear the ride cymbal as if I would had I been behind the drum kit for example.

I do not exceed loudness that would put vocals in what would be shouty for me and ofc not so much to reveal compression.

May 1, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #2,602 of 3,991
Looking for a p6pro black in Europe. Don't have the budget to cover 2.3/2.4k€, but I can offer a very good amount of cash + my oriolus crassirostris as partial trade. If someone is interested please PM.

May 2, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #2,603 of 3,991
Hello guys, I want to change my P6 pro which I used for almost a year to LP6 Ti, but I also have a thought that it might be a good idea to wait for LP7, maybe someone heard rumors regarding the approximate time it can be released?

May 2, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #2,604 of 3,991
Hello guys, I want to change my P6 pro which I used for almost a year to LP6 Ti, but I also have a thought that it might be a good idea to wait for LP7, maybe someone heard rumors regarding the approximate time it can be released?
Latest I heard was December 2022.
Fingers crossed and toes crossed.
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #2,606 of 3,991
Sadly, that be beyond the control of Luxury & Precision because of the global logistics and supply issues...

May 3, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #2,607 of 3,991
Excited to finally own one of these beasts! It sounds sensational

8EE2EEAA-E41E-41DD-B4F5-4816F28FE315.jpeg

May 3, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #2,608 of 3,991
Excited to finally own one of these beasts! It sounds sensational

8EE2EEAA-E41E-41DD-B4F5-4816F28FE315.jpeg
Congrats bro! Starting at the top of the food chain at Luxury & Precision! Enjoy! :)

May 3, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,609 of 3,991
👍+1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back