Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jan 16, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #991 of 3,978
Yes, that green case fits like glove. I doubt they cannot sell us one. Andrew sounded like he would do it but I will let you know.
How about silicon case?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3533187816...-Ap3rVeKo7JPGgi52q7XjNRx4M8SB0VRoCCeYQAvD_BwE
Nope......I want that green case! Andrew thought that perhaps L&P didn’t want to make the Asian buyers mad if they sold the green case separately. I don’t understand that since the yellow case can be purchased separately. I think the green is an upgrade compared to the yellow one. Keep me posted if you are able to buy the green one.

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #992 of 3,978
Nope......I want that green case! Andrew thought that perhaps L&P didn’t want to make the Asian buyers mad if they sold the green case separately. I don’t understand that since the yellow case can be purchased separately. I think the green is an upgrade compared to the yellow one. Keep me posted if you are able to buy the green one.
The yellow one pops more visually on the black body. At least there is that.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #994 of 3,978
Jan 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #995 of 3,978
Excellent review but I did not run into any of UI issues you have reported using 512GB SD having 9000 flacs. The UI's quite minimalistic but it's fast and stable. Have you tried the balanced line output mode on IEMs? It's quite impressive.
+1 my thoughts too, i actually love the UI and physically this is the best dap I've ever held

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #996 of 3,978
Excellent review but I did not run into any of UI issues you have reported using 512GB SD having 9000 flacs. The UI's quite minimalistic but it's fast and stable. Have you tried the balanced line output mode on IEMs? It's quite impressive.
You mean just the 4.4 or something that I need to enable from the settings? The UI is very minimalistic yeah, but for example all the settings get reset back to factory if I hold the button for too long when I power it up. Coming from a Lotoo DAP I feel like I’ve been sent 10 years into the past haha, on speed as well :D

all that being said, the sound is at such a high level I don’t have much of a choice haha, it’s an incredible experience

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #997 of 3,978
You mean just the 4.4 or something that I need to enable from the settings? The UI is very minimalistic yeah, but for example all the settings get reset back to factory if I hold the button for too long when I power it up. Coming from a Lotoo DAP I feel like I’ve been sent 10 years into the past haha, on speed as well :D

all that being said, the sound is at such a high level I don’t have much of a choice haha, it’s an incredible experience

If you hold the power button too long when you turn on the device, it will surely get reset. I usually count 6 (5 seconds) when holding on the power button. It works every time without any issue. To use the Balanced Line Output mode -

1. Go to System Settings > Advanced > Key Settings > Menu control key setting to "Disabled"
2. Go to System Settings > Audio Output Settings > Headphone Interface Mode > Balanced Line Output
3. Now if you reboot the device, the menu will ask if you want to proceed with balanced output mode, select "YES"
4. Volume will set 60 (in red), use the volume knob to lower the volume to desire level and listen.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #998 of 3,978
If you hold the power button too long when you turn on the device, it will surely get reset. I usually count 6 (5 seconds) when holding on the power button. It works every time without any issue. To use the Balanced Line Output mode -

1. Go to System Settings > Advanced > Key Settings > Menu control key setting to "Disabled"
2. Go to System Settings > Audio Output Settings > Headphone Interface Mode > Balanced Line Output
3. Now if you reboot the device, the menu will ask if you want to proceed with balanced output mode, select "YES"
4. Volume will set 60 (in red), use the volume knob to lower the volume to desire level and listen.
Gotcha I’ll try that out. What is that mode supposed to do?

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,002 of 3,978
Jan 16, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,003 of 3,978
Just gave it a go. Feels like the stage stretches a little further and the sound becomes tighter and crisper?

Yes, that sounds about right. It's rather hassle having to lower the volume every time device's restated but it's much worth it. In midst of newer TOTL daps becoming bigger and bigger, P6 Pro maintains its compactness yet delivers even better sounds. It's the best portable alternative for me atm.

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,004 of 3,978
Yes, that sounds about right. It's rather hassle having to lower the volume every time device's restated but it's much worth it. In midst of newer TOTL daps becoming bigger and bigger, P6 Pro maintains its compactness yet delivers even better sounds. It's the best portable alternative for me atm.
I think I like the headphone amp option better, a little warmer with more texture

definitely the best DAP I’ve tried to date though, and more than that, the best source I’ve had for my IEMs, desktop or portable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back