Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Sep 9, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #451 of 3,978
Here's a link to download the new firmware: https://www.musicteck.com/firmware-upgrade
Here's the instruction provided: Connect P6 to your computer and copy LPFWPKG.ISO file into the root directory of P6 internal storage. Hold power button 5sec to turn it off, and then 5sec to turn it back on. After the bootup it will ask you if you want to upgrade to new fw. When select Yes, it takes a few minutes and upgrade is done automatically with P6 rebooted and powered back up.

Sep 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #452 of 3,978
After the firmware upgrade I kept getting no disk found error when trying to access the internal drive. Per LP, I formatted the internal drive, after which time I couldn't even boot the device. One thing I noticed during the firmware upgrade process the screen went off and didn't come back for a long time, so I had to go through quite a bit of button pressing to bring the device back up. LP said my internal drive was bad but upgrade process should be a little more transparent.

Here's what LP stated:
Step 4: Wait patiently for the firmware upgrade to complete. After the firmware upgrade is completed, the player will automatically restart.

So how long is being patience? It should have some kind of progress bar instead of tuning off the screen. In my case P6 never came back up for 30 minutes, until I kept pressing on buttons multiple times.

For those who completed the firmware upgrade, did the P6 came back up automatically? How long did it take for it to come back up by itself? Or did you have to press button to turn it on again?
I have installed it successfully and I got the firmware from L&P directly. Yes it will restart automatically after the upgrade, the whole process of upgrade less than 3 mins.
15996645238936307982361155056592.jpg
15996645721469117461075956045996.jpg
15996646275248107189275996981621.jpg

Sep 9, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #453 of 3,978
For those understand Chinese. It is the installation guide for your reference. In summary, please ensure that:
1. Power level of the device at 50% minimum
2. Download the firmware and unzip it to iso file
3. Copy the iso file to internal memory of the device
4. Turn off the device, and then power on it again, the upgrade process will start
5. When upgrade process finished, the device will restart. Check the version at system info.
6. Copy the specific DSP file to internal memory, and you can locate the specific DSP at Sound Style menu.

Attachments

• LuxuryPrecision播放器固件升级操作说明.pdf
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #454 of 3,978
I have installed it successfully and I got the firmware from L&P directly. Yes it will restart automatically after the upgrade, the whole process of upgrade less than 3 mins.
15996645238936307982361155056592.jpg15996645721469117461075956045996.jpg15996646275248107189275996981621.jpg

What is the effect of fw10000 sound style? Is that some custom dsp effect specific to those jvc iems? Like EQ preset for them or something like that?

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #455 of 3,978
Musicteck stated DSP is for FW10000 earphone only so they didn't include it but will try out anyway if that makes any sound difference on Odin.
Looks like the new firmware didn't yet fix the 1TB compatibility issue where skipping the track with the screen off freezes the device. I guess I just have to settle with 512GB.

Sep 9, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #456 of 3,978
Here's a link to download the new firmware: https://www.musicteck.com/firmware-upgrade
Here's the instruction provided: Connect P6 to your computer and copy LPFWPKG.ISO file into the root directory of P6 internal storage. Hold power button 5sec to turn it off, and then 5sec to turn it back on. After the bootup it will ask you if you want to upgrade to new fw. When select Yes, it takes a few minutes and upgrade is done automatically with P6 rebooted and powered back up.
Thanks, but I'm still hesitant...

Sep 9, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #457 of 3,978
Thanks, but I'm still hesitant...

Why? Upgrade was so fast and easy this time. Device comes right back up after the upgrade by itself.
I was hoping they come up with something more useful like fixing 1TB issue, custom EQ, play through sub-directories, bring down volume, etc.
P6 still sounds great so I will just stick with what I have for now..

Sep 9, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #458 of 3,978
Why? Upgrade was so fast and easy this time. Device comes right back up after the upgrade by itself.
I was hoping they come up with something more useful like fixing 1TB issue, custom EQ, play through sub-directories, bring down volume, etc.

Play through sub-directories works fine with new fw update. Enable Folder Skip in play settings, have play mode on repeat all, and when playing one folder at the end of the last song will skip to the next folder. Unless if you mean playing through a number of nested sub-sub-directories? Haven't tried that, but Skip Folder works perfectly!

Sep 9, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #459 of 3,978
Play through sub-directories works fine with new fw update. Enable Folder Skip in play settings, have play mode on repeat all, and when playing one folder at the end of the last song will skip to the next folder. Unless if you mean playing through a number of nested sub-sub-directories? Haven't tried that, but Skip Folder works perfectly!

Yes, I want something like poor man's All Song (shuffle mode) where I play from parent directory to nested sub-sub-directories by random order.
Yes we have that already with "All Music (shuffle)" but just in case I have over 12K files to scan. :)

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #460 of 3,978
Just did it but didn't copy the DSP since I don't have those IEMS. Seems successful.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #462 of 3,978
Just got my replacement P6 after the crash we discussed a few pages ago. I'm happy how it sounds. Updated right away. Need a cable with a resistor for IEMs, lol. But... a QUESTION: guys, how to make P6 play my songs in a correct sequence? I enter my album and see tracks from the LAST one up to the FIRST one - the opposite sequence. Anything could be done about it?

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #463 of 3,978
Dear LP6 owners, may I ask if LP6 was compared Chord Hugo2?
Does it make a sense to replace CH2 with LP6?
I would be grateful for any opinion in sound. the differences, if possible.
Thank you in advance!!!!
I had H2 a long time ago and decided it's not a huuuge step up from Ultima SP1000 I had then, so I just sold Hugo as the less convenient device. I heard it sounds better now on the new Poly-like thing. But still remember Hugo 2 as a very sterile, technical beast, a bit hissing on the iems. P6 is on the other hand euphonic, still technically great, but much more beauty in the sound. It's probably good to own both. I would go with P6 personally. I treat it as an upgrade from LPGT, sounding much more musical and fun (fun not meaning boosting the bass, lol).

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #464 of 3,978
Just got my replacement P6 after the crash we discussed a few pages ago. I'm happy how it sounds. Updated right away. Need a cable with a resistor for IEMs, lol. But... a QUESTION: guys, how to make P6 play my songs in a correct sequence? I enter my album and see tracks from the LAST one up to the FIRST one - the opposite sequence. Anything could be done about it?
Initially, I had this problem. I renamed all the files with disc number and track number, then the problem was fixed. Seems like P6 looks at the file names instead of the track numbers in the meta data of the files to sort the tracks in an album.

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #465 of 3,978
I had H2 a long time ago and decided it's not a huuuge step up from Ultima SP1000 I had then, so I just sold Hugo as the less convenient device. I heard it sounds better now on the new Poly-like thing. But still remember Hugo 2 as a very sterile, technical beast, a bit hissing on the iems. P6 is on the other hand euphonic, still technically great, but much more beauty in the sound. It's probably good to own both. I would go with P6 personally. I treat it as an upgrade from LPGT, sounding much more musical and fun (fun not meaning boosting the bass, lol).
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back