Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Aug 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #256 of 3,981
After few weeks of exclusive affair with P6 I just came back to my DX228ex + Fostex TM2 wireless Solaris connection
only to realize what I was seriously missing. I was attracted to R2R and miniature form factor of P6 but a player without
a custom EQ is just not a complete device. I want to bring down the lower frequency to few notch but I just don't have an option. P6 has a crystal clear treble which I adore but at times it's being overshadowed by the thick bass response based on genre I play.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #257 of 3,981
After few weeks of exclusive affair with P6 I just came back to my DX228ex + Fostex TM2 wireless Solaris connection
only to realize what I was seriously missing. I was attracted to R2R and miniature form factor of P6 but a player without
a custom EQ is just not a complete device. I want to bring down the lower frequency to few notch but I just don't have an option. P6 has a crystal clear treble which I adore but at times it's being overshadowed by the thick bass response based on genre I play.
If it is for just a few song, try the BT receiver feature of P6. Streaming the music files from your phone and use one of the hundred app that allows you to EQ the sound.

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #258 of 3,981
If it is for just a few song, try the BT receiver feature of P6. Streaming the music files from your phone and use one of the hundred app that allows you to EQ the sound.

Yeah, I tried that already but there is a substantial degradation in resolution so it's not worth streaming the songs
through the BT. I just feel that custom EQ or simple bass reducer function would help.

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #259 of 3,981
It has 5 preset EQs which are all basically V shape with the bass boost up except Pop setting which somehow makes
the sound rather muffled up. The Jazz EQ setting is only option I find it comparable with a good treble energy but
the bass is also boosted up. It has 5 digital filter (NOS) setting but I have a no idea what they are used for as it didn't make
any difference.

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #260 of 3,981
From what I am hearing from L&P the new firmware will finally support 1TB SD card. This is the exact version of SD card they are currently
testing to support shortly "SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB U3 Micro SD XC I V30 card". It's great that L&P is making a great progress with P6.
I hope their R&D efforts continues on to make this device better and better.

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #261 of 3,981
After about 300 hours of hardcore burn-in I really really like the sound of P6. So much of natural, fresh air not a made up synthetic airiness which I am used to. The bass response is exceptional with simulating deep, stomping sub-bass. The treble response is just top notch.

This DAP might have been underrated due to its high price in comparison to other Daps of its size and construction. I have DX220 max for about 500 hours before I got P6 and I personally think P6 sounds better than MAX. The MAX's faultless but didn't find too much personality.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #262 of 3,981
I would probably have to end my posting here as I am the only one posting here. This is becoming my personal blog :relaxed:
When it comes to music newer is not necessarily the best as in these old r2r registers are amazing in bringing in live production.
I've tried almost all TOTL daps out there but P6 is the best I've heard off my IEMs. Making me totally drawn into music like I never felt before.
So glad that I found this little gem.

Aug 6, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #263 of 3,981
I would probably have to end my posting here as I am the only one posting here. This is becoming my personal blog :relaxed:
When it comes to music newer is not necessarily the best as in these old r2r registers are amazing in bringing in live production.
I've tried almost all TOTL daps out there but P6 is the best I've heard off my IEMs. Making me totally drawn into music like I never felt before.

You're the only posting as you are one of the lucky few to have tried it!
I'm hoping to try it in a couple of weeks over here to compare it to the R2R2000 - which I love the sound of but the UI leaves something to be desired. But the discrete R2R they have built for the P6 looks like a work of art!

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #264 of 3,981
You're the only posting as you are one of the lucky few to have tried it!
I'm hoping to try it in a couple of weeks over here to compare it to the R2R2000 - which I love the sound of but the UI leaves something to be desired. But the discrete R2R they have built for the P6 looks like a work of art!

I had r2r200 for almost a year and there's no comparision between the two. I recommend that you testdrive the P6 through Musicteck (no need to risk your precious dough) but then you need at least 300 hours of burn in to sound optimal. It's a completely different device after 300 hours. Never had a device reacting to burn in as much as this and it wasnt even gradual. One day I just went WOW what just happened to this device.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #265 of 3,981

Are you able to comment on how it compares to the LP6Ti?

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #267 of 3,981
After about 300 hours of hardcore burn-in I really really like the sound of P6. So much of natural, fresh air not a made up synthetic airiness which I am used to. The bass response is exceptional with simulating deep, stomping sub-bass. The treble response is just top notch.

This DAP might have been underrated due to its high price in comparison to other Daps of its size and construction. I have DX220 max for about 500 hours before I got P6 and I personally think P6 sounds better than MAX. The MAX's faultless but didn't find too much personality.
Are you in the states ? I wonder

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #269 of 3,981
I had r2r200 for almost a year and there's no comparision between the two. I recommend that you testdrive the P6 through Musicteck (no need to risk your precious dough) but then you need at least 300 hours of burn in to sound optimal. It's a completely different device after 300 hours. Never had a device reacting to burn in as much as this and it wasnt even gradual. One day I just went WOW what just happened to this device.
Thanks for the info. I'm in Korea so doubt Musicteck would loan me one! I can test through the AD when they get it, though it wont have that amount of burn in (if any!). And now you have me very interested if it is that much better than the R2R2K.

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #270 of 3,981
Thanks for the info. I'm in Korea so doubt Musicteck would loan me one! I can test through the AD when they get it, though it wont have that amount of burn in (if any!). And now you have me very interested if it is that much better than the R2R2K.

The basic difference would be between just listening and feeling the musics. They are not in the same league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back