Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #2,851 of 3,957
I don't like giving up on this so easily. The solution would be really helpful and seems to be not too far away.
What I found out so far is, that you are able to copy and edit existing playlists with external tools. The left over problem is, that there seems to be another inaccessible place where the number of files of a self created playlist is stored. So what I managed so far is to create my own playlist with one song. This works, but is of course not enough. So what I need to find out is, how to "register" the number of songs of the playlist, that I created myself. For that no extra processing interfering with the sound is needed, just some one time registration.
With whom from L&P did you communicate and in what language if I may ask?
In mandarin, I was connected directly to L&P in China thru Andrew@musictek

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #2,852 of 3,957
In mandarin, I was connected directly to L&P in China thru Andrew@musictek
I see. Then I guess I need to give up. If no software developer at L&P would be able to communicate with me in English, it is too much of a hassle.
Luckily all my other players do handle self created playlists well. Also WM1Z which has a pretty simple proprietary OS too.
I like the P6 Pro for being so portable and sound wise on par with my other TOTL players, but I am not happy with this.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,853 of 3,957
I see. Then I guess I need to give up. If no software developer at L&P would be able to communicate with me in English, it is too much of a hassle.
Luckily all my other players do handle self created playlists well. Also WM1Z which has a pretty simple proprietary OS too.
I like the P6 Pro for being so portable and sound wise on par with my other TOTL players, but I am not happy with this.
On the hardware side its due to the fact that they are using only FPGA over a traditional processor instead of BOTH a processor and a FPGA

FPGA is designed for very specific tasks and just isn't enough for general processing. I guess this is just part of their "sound first" design philosophy

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #2,854 of 3,957
There was a presentation by Wan and LP earlier today
LP is announcing a new dap this Saturday with dual AK4497 chips, non-Android. It was a project developed before pandemic, but halted because of the AKM fire thing. Very recently, LP was able to secure a batch of the rare 4497 chips so they are resuming the project.

The good thing is that they are actually able to use their brand new, completely redesigned UX on it. This is gonna be the UX we see in all of their next gen daps, including the LP7, which will be released later this year.

Here is a quick pic of the UX.

For those of you who could not join the unveiling, Wan shared the slides as set out below. :)

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #2,855 of 3,957
Want to post two summaries of the highlights of the product:

1. The all new system: Le OS. As we can see, it it completely redone and it has added several long-awaiting features, including the search function and track sequencing function. Here are some more pics of this:
2F6478CD-85CE-4FF0-95D6-C440341189DC.jpeg

Filter tracks by format/quality

B9A6723B-C27C-4C24-94F6-18A4E76728F4.jpeg

The drag down manual:

A45CD878-D921-4669-8413-1E85FC556670.jpeg

The search function. After the search result emerges, you can press the track and do: play now, play next, add to now playing, add to playlist, and delete.

A69450A2-C525-47A0-84B3-2ECD40AF1D1F.jpeg
45E03806-10E2-4CFA-9DD4-ABAF36C7A8E4.jpeg

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #2,856 of 3,957
Highlight 2: the interchangeable dac&amp card.
0052D5B0-28F8-4518-B6FC-9D8FBC5E0F20.jpeg

As LP tries to explain in this pic, a key thing of their dac&amp card is that it houses a much larger audio processing space. Therefore, it by itself is a guarantee of sound quality because it can contain many more audio components. Also, when changing the card in the future, you can also expect a much larger change in sound.

As they have pointed out, the current batch of card uses AK4497 chips. I have asked Wan about the sound style, and was told that this card will be tuned towards pop and vocal music.

Finally, regarding the price and availability. LP hasn’t finalized the price, but they say it will be above $1500 and surely below the LP6 AE. The future dac&amp card will generally cost 30-40% of the machine’s msrp.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #2,857 of 3,957
Someone has also asked about the size: It should be similar to P6 Pro.

Here is a pic of their product L4P, which died because of the AKM fire thing, but what that project remains has lead to this new product. The size/chassis of the two machine is somewhat similar, so can be used as a reference. Please also note that the new machine will have a different output layout, and will also be slightly bigger and thicker.

AE9063A8-5682-4DDB-A991-19D4DCE0BB2E.jpeg

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #2,858 of 3,957
This seems to have a lot of potential with the interchangeable DAC&Amp card feature.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #2,859 of 3,957
When will it be available?

Just wondering if L&P will develop a R2R card. It would be fantastic but probably they will leave it for the the LP6 and future LP7.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #2,860 of 3,957
Highlight 2: the interchangeable dac&amp card. 0052D5B0-28F8-4518-B6FC-9D8FBC5E0F20.jpeg

As LP tries to explain in this pic, a key thing of their dac&amp card is that it houses a much larger audio processing space. Therefore, it by itself is a guarantee of sound quality because it can contain many more audio components. Also, when changing the card in the future, you can also expect a much larger change in sound.

As they have pointed out, the current batch of card uses AK4497 chips. I have asked Wan about the sound style, and was told that this card will be tuned towards pop and vocal music.

Finally, regarding the price and availability. LP hasn’t finalized the price, but they say it will be above $1500 and surely below the LP6 AE. The future dac&amp card will generally cost 30-40% of the machine’s msrp.
Excellent news that it will be tuned for vocals. I assume it will be closer to the P6Pro Obsidian and LP6 Platinum. :)

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #2,861 of 3,957
Want to post two summaries of the highlights of the product:

1. The all new system: Le OS. As we can see, it it completely redone and it has added several long-awaiting features, including the search function and track sequencing function. Here are some more pics of this:

Filter tracks by format/quality

The drag down manual:

The search function. After the search result emerges, you can press the track and do: play now, play next, add to now playing, add to playlist, and delete.

Nice, how can I get my hands on one. Loving the Obravo with the Platinum
IMG_5060.jpg
:)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #2,862 of 3,957
Does it will support gapless play?

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #2,863 of 3,957
When will it be available?

Just wondering if L&P will develop a R2R card. It would be fantastic but probably they will leave it for the the LP6 and future LP7.
Just asked them. They are doing a round of public audition in August. If everything’s well, then they will roll it out right after.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #2,864 of 3,957
Highlight 2: the interchangeable dac&amp card. 0052D5B0-28F8-4518-B6FC-9D8FBC5E0F20.jpeg

It looks like a very nice unit. My feedback for LP is that in terms of comparison to other DAPs it does not differentiate from others on the market. If they want to maintain the uniqueness, they should continue to make the casing out of Titanium or Copper or even a more superior level material if not already made from something better. Or find other areas where it can improve more since the name Luxury and Precision is exactly what it stands for. I am sure most of their customers wouldn't mind paying slightly more for something better. For me I want the smallest, lightest, best sounding DAP that is on the market toady which just feels and looks quality no matter which angle you look at it from.

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #2,865 of 3,957
Just asked them. They are doing a round of public audition in August. If everything’s well, then they will roll it out right after.
Thanks. Do you know if there's any chance of a R2R DAC interchangeable modules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back