Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 14, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #196 of 3,991
for the 1TB sd card limit, I can't comment as before purchasing the unit, I did mention that the unit was only 512gb for the SD card. I'm also sure that you were well made aware of the memory limit when you ordered the unit so can't really complain in that part. In addition, out of of all the songs that you have, how much do you really need? I used to have close to 600gb worth of songs and started deleting whole albums that were very unnecessary and found that I only wanted one or tw songs from a certain album and deleted the rest. One thing you do have to appreciate is how quickly you can update the media on the P6. Using my SP2k can take up to 15 to 20 minutes whereas the P6 does it in as little as 20 seconds.

I still say 1tb is a must. I have all my song encoded in either dsd or flac 96/192 khz so 512gb wont do it if the collection goes over 5000 songs. I only use all music - shuffle mode to make the player work like a jukebox playing at random. If I am to use 512gb, I have to re-encode all my files down to 16/48khz which is rather counterproductive. All my other players support the 1tb so P6 should also. After all, P6 is just released as a newer player.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #197 of 3,991
How does it compare soundwise to the Cayin N8? You have both, right?

I only use the N8 tube connection to hook up D9200. D9200 on P6 is still good with the opened raw sound with enough power
but I still prefer N8 over D9200 as it provides more sophisticated sound in fluid manner. I would say N8 sounds deeper and
more holographic, although the difference may be rather subtle.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #199 of 3,991
Just been informed that L&P will release a new firmware this Friday to expand the 6K file sorting limit to 10K.
Appreciate Musictek and L&P in hearing the voice of customer!

Well, you do have a loud voice, hard to miss :wink:

Yeah, Andrew/MT mentioned to me the same. Even so I don't have a big music library and lately been relying more on Qobuz streaming, I was still curious about it since you brought it up. Also, happy they implemented BT Receive mode, using it as a wireless DAC/amp to stream audio is a plus.

The thing with file limit and some other limited interface functionality, it's a deja vu with every small Chinese manufacturer. Not defending them, but their design priorities shift and adjust based on their customer requirements and feedback. And as soon as their customer base expands outside of China, especially releases in US, they literally have to re-learn about new set of requirements. If they can change the fw to go from 6k limit to 10k within a day or two, it only means that change is not that complicated, and I'm sure we will have to wait until Friday only because they are probably adding other fixes and enhancements with that next release. If they knew people will be complaining about it to begin with, they would have implemented 10k limit from get go. I can't speak on their behalf, but maybe not too many people cared about it when LT6 Ti was released and they just assumed the same will happen with P6. But now, with Musicteck distributing them in US, it will expose L&P to more US/Canada/EU customers, and hopefully they will take all this new feedback into consideration.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #200 of 3,991
Well, you do have a loud voice, hard to miss :wink:

Yeah, Andrew/MT mentioned to me the same. Even so I don't have a big music library and lately been relying more on Qobuz streaming, I was still curious about it since you brought it up. Also, happy they implemented BT Receive mode, using it as a wireless DAC/amp to stream audio is a plus.

The thing with file limit and some other limited interface functionality, it's a deja vu with every small Chinese manufacturer. Not defending them, but their design priorities shift and adjust based on their customer requirements and feedback. And as soon as their customer base expands outside of China, especially releases in US, they literally have to re-learn about new set of requirements. If they can change the fw to go from 6k limit to 10k within a day or two, it only means that change is not that complicated, and I'm sure we will have to wait until Friday only because they are probably adding other fixes and enhancements with that next release. If they knew people will be complaining about it to begin with, they would have implemented 10k limit from get go. I can't speak on their behalf, but maybe not too many people cared about it when LT6 Ti was released and they just assumed the same will happen with P6. But now, with Musicteck distributing them in US, it will expose L&P to more US/Canada/EU customers, and hopefully they will take all this new feedback into consideration.

You may have a point there. From the message which Andrew forwarded to me it didn't seem like this was a hard task.

"When scanning a media library for sorting, it has a maximum file limit and a maximum buffer limit. When this value is exceeded, the following files are ignored. Songs can be expanded to more than 10,000 songs, and the firmware will be updated by Friday."

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #201 of 3,991
After about 24 hours of burn in this dap gets quite interesting. This isn't as micro details as other highend daps but its organic sound output is second to none
making me feel the instruments rather than just hearing them.

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #204 of 3,991
After about 24 hours of burn in this dap gets quite interesting. This isn't as micro details as other highend daps but its organic sound output is second to none
making me feel the instruments rather than just hearing them.

In a way, I do find it micro-detailed but to an extent of a natural tonality limitation. If that makes sense? After about 100hrs treble will gain more sparkle and air which going to help with more detail retrieval.

I still can't believe we have a resistor R2R dap, why isn't anyone else as excited as I'm? :D

I have reviewed and have access to a lot of high end DAPs, and P6 is like one of those guilty pleasure gadgets you would get in addition to your touch screen streaming DAP which has every other bell and whistle. And to have discrete resistor R-2R ladder instead of a traditional DAC chip is definitely exciting:

LP_P6-x00.jpg

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #205 of 3,991
In a way, I do find it micro-detailed but to an extent of a natural tonality limitation. If that makes sense? After about 100hrs treble will gain more sparkle and air which going to help with more detail retrieval.

I have reviewed and have access to a lot of high end DAPs, and P6 is like one of those guilty pleasure gadgets you would get in addition to your touch screen streaming DAP which has every other bell and whistle. And to have discrete resistor R-2R ladder instead of a traditional DAC chip is definitely exciting:

LP_P6-x00.jpg

Quick questions... How easy is it to read the screen outdoors in daylight? How fast does it scroll through files/folders? Does it play albums in correct song order?

Jul 14, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #206 of 3,991
Quick questions... How easy is it to read the screen outdoors in daylight? How fast does it scroll through files/folders? Does it play albums in correct song order?

It has 5 levels of brightness, and display is easy to read from any angle. Only tried it briefly outside, no complaints, but it was more in a shade. With Skip buttons enabled for navigation, it scrolls faster as you hold it down, and with volume wheel enabled for navigation it is slower but more precise; still, not the same experience as touch screen. Haven't tried album playback, don't have too many; for now just listening to a random selection of my test tracks, whenever it is not on burn in.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #207 of 3,991

Yes, more refinement would be nice. Let's see how this will lead to as I just began baking. The dap's been playing for 14.5 hours non-stop and still going, so has
a great battery life. Inside the album, the songs are listed in alphabetical order as it seems, but no search function so forget about searching any track if you have many.

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #209 of 3,991
With more burn-in the P6 started to exhibit quite a unique sound signature outputting the crystal clear, luscious analog sound with deep impact
which is quite enjoyable. It resembles the HFM R2R2K raw sounds without any harshness in treble but more weight, resolution and better dynamic.
I am satisfied with the sound at the moment but currently having a trouble turning on the device without factory resetting after the auto shutdown.
While a short press of power button would not turn on the device I have to hold the power button for about 4 sec and this puts the device
back to factory reset most of time (4 out 5 time I tried). Not many P6 users here but just wondering if you are seeing the same behavior.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #210 of 3,991
With more burn-in the P6 started to exhibit quite a unique sound signature outputting the crystal clear, luscious analog sound with deep impact
which is quite enjoyable. It resembles the HFM R2R2K raw sounds without any harshness in treble but more weight, resolution and better dynamic.
I am satisfied with the sound at the moment but currently having a trouble turning on the device without factory resetting after the auto shutdown.
While a short press of power button would not turn on the device I have to hold the power button for about 4 sec and this puts the device
back to factory reset most of time (4 out 5 time I tried). Not many P6 users here but just wondering if you are seeing the same behavior.

L&P DAPs turn on when you press the power button for about 5-6 seconds, no less than 5 seconds so it doesn't accidentally turn on in your pocket. I don't remember, but i think when you press it longer, like over 10sec or if you do some multiple short presses it could reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back