Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 13, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #181 of 3,978
How did you get P6 to pair up with bluetooth devices? I can't seem to figure out a way to pair up.
It is a one way pairing so it receives only. You can use your iPhone or Android to pair with the P6 and stream to it. So how whatever audio that is playing on your phone (e.g tidal, Spotify , Netflix , voice chat messages) will play via the P6. This is streamed at 44.1 kHz for the iPhone. Only problem is that there are a few minor annoyances such as if you are playing files from your P6 and your phone is connected via Bluetooth. It will interrupt and play your audio messages via the P6 but it won’t resume playing music. You will need to do manually do that on the P6.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #182 of 3,978
If you ask me, get yourself an affordable DAP for the next two/three years, because then the next generation of flagship DAPs will be on the market, they will have plenty of internal memory (hopefully), nearly all of them will stream perfectly high res files on (hopefully) all platforms, they will (need to) have a great display, touch screen, EQ, etc. etc. Or they will not. Haha. But if you have the money, I would say: go catch them both :wink:
Not 8 pcm 1704 chips but equivalent of some sort which I remember reading somewhere.
So, how is your mod going?
finally got my unit back from Romi Audio yesterday. Spent a good 2 hours there listening to the P6 paired with the Sony Z1R IEM’s and I was quite engrossed with the music and changes from the MOD. First of all instead of turning the volume all the way up to 50 to 54 for a lot of the songs on high gain. I found that 35 to 40 was sufficient after the MOD on high gain as well. A definite harder and tighter kick in the sub bass region and a super black background. Will be listening to the the unit over the next few days and try it with some other IEM’s and give as good of a feed back I can.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #183 of 3,978
Comparing to P6 my DX22* mod still sound more airy but not as analog and natural as P6.
With DX mod the tunes just whirl around the air making a smooth wavelength but it is still not as raw and realistic
as what I am hearing from P6. Not sure which one's more entertaining in the end but they both are special
in their own terms. P6 represents a good example of decent R2R implementation.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #184 of 3,978
You n
Comparing to P6 my DX22* mod still sound more airy but not as analog and natural as P6.
With DX mod the tunes just whirl around the air making a smooth wavelength but it is still not as raw and realistic
as what I am hearing from P6. Not sure which one's more entertaining in the end but they both are special
You need more burn in and more power!

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #186 of 3,978
Yup, I need more burn in time but power I think I am ok already as I am only matching with IEMs on low gain.
Even with the low volume it is pumping enough power for me.
All on high gains.
With my Solaris SE I am fine with it on a volume of 10 to 15 depending on the tracks. With the Z1R, considering these are very power hungry I am setting these at around volume 35. Will test these later with the Fourte Noir and Empyrean later to see how the mod has improved the sound. Starting to like it a lot more as I was seriously considering to sell it to get the LP6Ti due to the power issues.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #187 of 3,978
All on high gains.
With my Solaris SE I am fine with it on a volume of 10 to 15 depending on the tracks. With the Z1R, considering these are very power hungry I am setting these at around volume 35. Will test these later with the Fourte Noir and Empyrean later to see how the mod has improved the sound. Starting to like it a lot more as I was seriously considering to sell it to get the LP6Ti due to the power issues.

Volume 15?? How could you endure such a loudness? I am on volume 2 or 5 on Solaris 2020 and it is still loud enough for me with the low gain. I never took the device out but if I am outside i could use the higher volume but 10 would be too high. One thing I noticed is that even with 1 it is still high volume in quiet room and 0 being no sound, so I cannot seem to adjust the volume down to real low.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #188 of 3,978
Volume 15?? How could you endure such a loudness? I am on volume 2 or 5 on Solaris 2020 and it is still loud enough for me with the low gain. I never took the device out but if I am outside i could use the higher volume but 10 would be too high. One thing I noticed is that even with 1 it is still high volume in quiet room and 0 being no sound, so I cannot seem to adjust the volume down to real low.
I agree from 0 to 1 you can’t adjust the volume. For Campfire SE I am listening to a lot of the Hans Zimmer soundtracks such as the Dark Knight, Mission Impossibe, Da Vinci code etc. If I’m alone in the room then volume of 5 to 10 is good. If I’m walking the streets sometimes 15. Guess I’m starting to be deaf now I guess.

However, I do have to tell that the sound on the P6 gets better and better with burn in. Only time will tell how much they will improve the sound as future firmware updates can drastically tailor the sound to your liking.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #189 of 3,978
So you can hear some signficant volume even at 1 when you are in quiet room?
I want to go down real real low when I am about to go to sleep with the earphone on but not possible
with Solaris on it. With my other iem it is somewhat manageable. Yes, I am beginning to appreciate
the P6's raw r2r sound but one of my main concern is its inability to handle 1TB sd and 6K file index limitation. Musictek confirms L&P will raise the file indexing to 10K but need to know when..

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #190 of 3,978
Phew, I can sleep again, thought for a second I'll splash 3k on a dap again, clearly they haven't learned a single thing since my l6 collecting dust
R2R on not..anyway, you all know the ramblings..

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #191 of 3,978
IMG_20200714_161146_1.jpg

can only watch u guys busy playing with your p6, while listening to my lp6ti...fortunately, hv more than enough headphones to play with...

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #192 of 3,978
for the 1TB sd card limit, I can't comment as before purchasing the unit, I did mention that the unit was only 512gb for the SD card. I'm also sure that you were well made aware of the memory limit when you ordered the unit so can't really complain in that part. In addition, out of of all the songs that you have, how much do you really need? I used to have close to 600gb worth of songs and started deleting whole albums that were very unnecessary and found that I only wanted one or tw songs from a certain album and deleted the rest. One thing you do have to appreciate is how quickly you can update the media on the P6. Using my SP2k can take up to 15 to 20 minutes whereas the P6 does it in as little as 20 seconds.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #194 of 3,978
How does it compare soundwise to the Cayin N8? You have both, right?

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #195 of 3,978
Yup, I need more burn in time but power I think I am ok already as I am only matching with IEMs on low gain.
Even with the low volume it is pumping enough power for me.
When I say power it is not about being louder, but about hearing everything with more dynamics. I was doing some A/B tests with the P6 with a Class A amp and boy do you hear big difference in terms of soundstage and details with the same volume. Think of the chord Mojo for your mobile phone if i can say so. However everyone has different ears and it’s all very subjective. To me this is what my preference is at the moment and may change later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back