Interest check: Portland, OR?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2019 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

dogwan

100+ Head-Fier
With a Seattle meet on the horizon, any interest/organizers for a PDX meet?

I haven't been to a HeafFi meet in years. Would rather stay in town or close to it. Tempted to drive up to The Emerald city if there is nothing on the horizon for us down here.

Anyone?

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 29

I haven't been to a HeafFi meet in years. Would rather stay in town or close to it. Tempted to drive up to The Emerald city if there is nothing on the horizon for us down here.

Anyone?
I'm out on the coast, so Seattle is 2 hours further. I'd love to come to a meet-up in Portland. I could drag some gear :)

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 29

Anyone?

I don't have much gear or experience, but I would love to meet up with some other Head-fi'ers and learn.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 29
We Portland area folks need to organize a local meet again. We've been in hibernation.

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 29
I've been wracking my brain trying to think of where we could get an appropriate venue without much outlay in rent?

Seems like this would be the criteria...
  • plenty of outlets spaced out around the room (up to code power would be cool too)
  • a ready supply of foldable tables and folding chairs
  • reasonable parking
  • easy (handicap) access for rolling in carts of gear
  • capacity for 25-40 people seated and wandering?
  • Wifi would be great for streaming for some setups.
Some options...
  • Community centers? Probably charge a bit of rent.
  • Churches? Likely to be helpful if one of the organizers were a member.
  • Lodges? Same as churches
  • Grange hall?
Any ideas?

I live in SW PDX near Hillsdale. Will keep asking around and my eyes open. Echo Audio just relocated down the street from me, but I doubt they would want to host again so soon after moving into a and getting settled in a new space.

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 29
I'd love to see a Portland meet-up happen. I'd like to bring some of my lesser-known/underappreciated gear to let folks try out.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 29
I'd love to see a Portland meet-up happen. I'd like to bring some of my lesser-known/underappreciated gear to let folks try out.
And I could bring my FOTMs (Empyrean, RAD-0, Ether 2) plus my long time faves (Utopia, Auteur, HEKv2, EFO) as well as some electronics.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #9 of 29
I have AAA 789, D50s,T Phantoms, Fostex thrx00, hifiman 4xx, Sennheiser 6xx. Nothing to crazzy. We could probably meet at someone's house as well?? Some coffee and get to try each other's gear sounds like fun. Also have Darkvoice amp

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 29
Depending how this shakes out, I'd be interested. Been dancing around audio as a hobby for years now, just finally started to get some entry-level gear to play with. Would love to meet some people with more experience in this arena and hear some of the models I have on my wish list.

My current gear consists of a DarkVoice 336se, Schiit Modi Multibit, Beyerdynamic DT990 (600), also got Tin T2 and T3s, and Sennheiser PC37X, not that there's anything terribly exciting there.

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 29
First time poster, long time lurker.

I'd love to have a meetup in the Portland area, and I am willing to take the lead in spending some time & money to set it up, secure a space, find some partners, etc. I have leads on a couple places that would be a good fit for a meet.

If those of you on this thread could respond if you're still interested, I will start with the next steps.

Looking forward to sharing some cans in PDX!

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 29
First time poster, long time lurker.

I'd love to have a meetup in the Portland area, and I am willing to take the lead in spending some time & money to set it up, secure a space, find some partners, etc. I have leads on a couple places that would be a good fit for a meet.

If those of you on this thread could respond if you're still interested, I will start with the next steps.

Looking forward to sharing some cans in PDX!

Let's make it happen, I think we make a meetup similar to the pdxkbc: https://www.meetup.com/MechanicalKeyboards/ and make it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back