Interest check: 1212m group buy
Jun 29, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #106 of 155
Due to a rather fortunate turn of events, Guitar Center had all of the cards I was GOING to order in stock in their store! So all of you who thought you were going to have to wait for your card to be ordered and all, guess again! As of right now, I'm not waiting for any cards on order, and if you paid for one, it is officially shipped!

If you still want a card, I can still go and get some, just shoot me some money!

-Z

Jul 6, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #109 of 155
I got my card today from zemo, + a DIY senn 590 cable he made for me,
600smile.gif

Great card btw, impressed with it so far, need to give it in-depth listening before making more remarks, but damn this thing has 'slam' right out of the box
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #110 of 155
Just ordered also, can't wait to get my hands on this thing, should be perfect for a media only computer. Has anyone tried plugging a guiter into it and playing around with some of the settings? Also if I buy a pair of AKG 501 headphones, would I need to buy a amp to power them or will this card service?

Jul 10, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #111 of 155
At the very least you'll need some adapters to plug headphones into the card. But yes, the K501's benifit HUGELY from an amp! Contact MisterX for a sweet pimeta or PPA....

-Z

Jul 10, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #112 of 155
Zemo,

I'd like to offer you my most humble of appologies. When I saw your most generous offer to help these people out, and saw how many people you were trying to get in on it my first thought was that you were trying to scam them. In an attempt to help protect my fellow Head-Fier's I called Jude's attention to it as well as publicly mentioning my concerns at the very large SoCal meet. I was also a bit rude to you a couple of times and I'd like to appologize for that as well.

This forum needs more people like you Sir! Thank you for your contribution to the community.

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #113 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by king896
Just ordered also, can't wait to get my hands on this thing, should be perfect for a media only computer. Has anyone tried plugging a guiter into it and playing around with some of the settings? Also if I buy a pair of AKG 501 headphones, would I need to buy a amp to power them or will this card service?

i just tried, and they will power them to a decent sound level, but not before some clipping would occur.
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #114 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by king896
Has anyone tried plugging a guiter into it and playing around with some of the settings?

You're need an instrument preamp. 1212m doesn't have one of those nor does it have a mic preamp. That's what 1820 and 1820m have.

Jul 10, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #115 of 155
Well it seems like I just stumbled upon a vintage amp that might work well with the 501's, a Sansui Z5000-x. The sound is very meaty and bassy, and the 501's seem to be know for there lack of bass so maybe this match up will create perfect harmony. Thanks for your help.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #117 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Zemo,

I'd like to offer you my most humble of appologies. When I saw your most generous offer to help these people out, and saw how many people you were trying to get in on it my first thought was that you were trying to scam them. In an attempt to help protect my fellow Head-Fier's I called Jude's attention to it as well as publicly mentioning my concerns at the very large SoCal meet. I was also a bit rude to you a couple of times and I'd like to appologize for that as well.

This forum needs more people like you Sir! Thank you for your contribution to the community.

I do appruciate the apology....I just assumed you were one of those old, irratable types! No worries though, mate. No harm done. Out of curiosity, what made you think it was a scam?

And yes, you'll need an instrument pre-amp...

Solude - got it!

-Z

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #118 of 155
Zemo... please tell me I can still get in on this
biggrin.gif
::crosses fingers and all the other limbs he can::

Jul 11, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #119 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
I do appruciate the apology....I just assumed you were one of those old, irratable types! No worries though, mate. No harm done. Out of curiosity, what made you think it was a scam?

And yes, you'll need an instrument pre-amp...

Solude - got it!

-Z

You, in your excitement, seemed to be trying to push people into getting into the group buy... when I notice this, and noticed that you were also doing this on another forum I did a quick calculation of how much cash you could put together... When I realized how much it was I was very concerend... Again, sorry about that. It was really nice of you to do all that leg work for people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back