Instrumental music to go to sleep to
Nov 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #17 of 66
I personally can't fall asleep to (any) music, but here's some I think might help you:

Artist - Album
Liquid Mind (Chuck Wild) - Liquid Mind VIII Sleep
George Winston - December: Piano Solos
Randy Kartchner - Music for a Sunday Afternoon
Ulrich Schnauss - Far Away Trains Passing By
Yanni - (any of his)

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #19 of 66
Fennesz and Sakamoto
Brian Eno - Ambient 1-4.

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #22 of 66
It's not instrumental, but my go to sleep music (perfect napping music) is definitely the following two albums:

Chicane - Behind the Sun
Above & Beyond - Tri-State

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #23 of 66

Quote:
As others have said:

Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports

Definitely a good one!!

I also listen to this one, check it:

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #25 of 66
Thanks for all the tips!

I hope this thread can continue.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing more Jazz tips even though I know I didn't list any jazz tunes.

(I used to have Brooklyn Funk Essential's old Take the L Train (To 8 ave.) but sadly had to remove it due to the second trumpet solo waking me up.)

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #27 of 66
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #29 of 66
I only listen to music for sleep when I take naps, which is sort of a different atmosphere, but Joni Mitchell's Blue always does it for me.  Besides that, it's usually Chopin.  I'm trying to figure out if I fall asleep more easily with music I am familiar with or unfamiliar with.  Galaxie 500 is great but I've never tried falling asleep to them.

So yeah my two recommendations are Joni Mitchell and Frederic Chopin.  Oh yeah and I also enjoy Mount Eerie (Lost Wisdom with Julie Doiron and Fred Squire, and Wind's Poem).  Chopin's the only one of these that is instrumental though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back