Info/specs/experience with Koss K/6X Plus? Recommended replacement?
Jan 15, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
I should have known better. Considering the type of can being discussed, I should have expected such a simplistic response. Listen, if you like your cheap phones, that's just fine ! Seriously, it's what makes the world go around. But keep your perspective. How many times have you read someone's overly positive opinion on their newest purchase ? It's O.K. to be overly fond of your old dated whatever ...  But, that needs to be tempered with reality.
If you like something, don't over sell it. It makes all comments somewhat suspicious if everything you talk about is the "Best such and such ever ... " 
You can do better . 

I wasn't overstating the K/6x, never did I say it was the "best such and such ever".

It hits right around the level of the ATH-M50 (but an entirely different sound signature). The K/6x Plus has nicer treble and more control, with a deeper low end that's not as emphasized as the M50. It's more balanced than the M50 and works fairly well with most genres. Shortcomings are worse comfort, a cable that's way too long, meh soundstage, and a slight harshness in the upper midsection. They have a modest appearance, are very light, and as most people have clarified here, are practically indestructible despite their skeletal design. 

It's a decent headphone that deserves a little love.

EDIT: Figured out that the "tin-can" veiling is caused when you don't get a seal on your head. The struts on this can are fixed, so getting a seal can be hard. It's a design flaw. When these seal, they sound like I described above.

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 17
bumping the crap out of an old thread, but I got a set of these for free when I upgraded the soundbooth cans at church with a used set of M50x's. the old earpads were murder, so I peeled them off and grabbed a set of circumnaural pads off a set of broken gaming can's I had. I was SERIOUSLY impressed.

do they beat my m50s for most things? No. But for instrumental and classical music that needs a wider soundstage?

HOLEEE crap. They're freaking amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back