InEarz Zen-2/Zen-4 Official Tour Thread
Sep 30, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #121 of 148
Well @Weaves should have received the kit by now and he'll be the last participant in this tour. I want to again thank everyone for participating and reviewing these and thanks also for such a smooth tour. We had zero issues and I for one appreciated that very much. If I host any future tours, then I would like to go ahead and extend an open invitation to each of you that participated, I'll keep your info in my personal tour files unless you tell me otherwise.

Awesome tour guys!
Many thanks from my end! I know how much effort you have put into this tour and very much appreciate your efforts! Kudos also to Inearz for bringing such amazing phones to market and making it possible for us to audition them.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #122 of 148
I appreciate everyones insight and honest reviews. We have high hopes for the future of the Zen line and hope to see it flurish in its first year of production. We absolutely love the ADEL technology, and as a hearing aid manufacturer, we value hearing protection above all else.

Keep your eyes peeled for specials and sales on all of our products. The next few months are the busiest for us.

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #124 of 148
Just following up on my experience:

I tested both Zen 2 & Zen 4 with the following players:
Sony a17, Cowon Plenue D, Shanling m0, and Sony x300.

I also swapped out the S1 with the my B1 module

20181005_152104[1].jpg

20181005_153557[1].jpg

Zen 2
While the Zen 2 had a nice sound stage a very clean sounding bass, I couldn't get past the brightness of the treble.
i am overly sensitive to the highs, so it's probably just me. The B1 module helped somewhat, so if any one has the ADEL modules already, they could probably tweak the Zen 2 to their liking.

Zen 4
These hit the sweet spot for me. The perfect blend of bass/mid/treble as well as sound stage. I ended up comparing them to my 64Audio U12's an the Zens almost match up to them, but at 1/2 the price.

i will add more, but if anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Thanks again Bulldog & Lil' Fish

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #125 of 148

Zen 4
These hit the sweet spot for me. The perfect blend of bass/mid/treble as well as sound stage. I ended up comparing them to my 64Audio U12's an the Zens almost match up to them, but at 1/2 the price.

i will add more, but if anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Thanks again Bulldog & Lil' Fish
Thanks @Weaves. A 4 driver Zen almost a match up to a 12 driver is saying alot and I think is a testament of how good the Zen series really is. Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you on your experience.

Oct 8, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #126 of 148
Zen 2
While the Zen 2 had a nice sound stage a very clean sounding bass, I couldn't get past the brightness of the treble.
i am overly sensitive to the highs, so it's probably just me. The B1 module helped somewhat, so if any one has the ADEL modules already, they could probably tweak the Zen 2 to their liking.

Zen 4

Thank you @Weaves that is definitely high praise for our Quad driver. I appreciate your feedback, this tour has given us valuble information on our new universal model and we hope its first year will be a record breaker for our company :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #129 of 148
Yes they will fit perfectly.
Many thanks. Just received mine and started off my first listening session with the small silicon tips. Ears felt a little pressure (didn’t “dissapear” like some IEMs with smaller or more ear shaped housing like the MD Plus). Hence asking the question - I think I have pretty small canals so may need something even smaller than stock small tips.

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #130 of 148
Many thanks. Just received mine and started off my first listening session with the small silicon tips. Ears felt a little pressure (didn’t “dissapear” like some IEMs with smaller or more ear shaped housing like the MD Plus). Hence asking the question - I think I have pretty small canals so may need something even smaller than stock small tips.

You must have small canals indeed, the Zen series to me is one of the best fitting IEM's i've ever tried.

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #131 of 148
You must have small canals indeed, the Zen series to me is one of the best fitting IEM's i've ever tried.
Yes I do indeed. And quite sensitive (tinnitus does not help - though that is why I wanted to try the InEarz over any other IEM).

Interestingly, I tried again with some small Comply tips I have. The grain / edge I heard with the silicone tips is vastly improved and more detail is coming through. As if the Comply "cleans" things up by pushing the vocals a little back in the mix and allowing the rest of the sonic picture to come through - so more balanced. The bass is also more linear. Could be they are also forming a better seal than the silicon - the Zen seems relatively shallow insertion compared to other IEMs I have used in the past, and the Comply goes in a little deeper than the silicon.

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #132 of 148
FYI, these are up on Massdrop - 299.99 for Zen 2/ Zen 4 add another $170.

I picked up the 4 last time these went up and was fairly impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back